• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Please Update Your Darkcoin Clients!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRKLord

I would like to remind everyone to be sure to update Darkcoin client software! It is important that everyone run the new client software in this transitory phase for Darkcoin. A "soft fork" was just implemented to enable Darksend payments, and masternodes are now being paid and working. You can see Evan's official announcement for more information. There are a lot of great things ahead for Darkcoin and a lot of new, powerful features and technologies in the works. Let's all cooperate and make this transition a smooth and easy one!

EDIT (6/28/2014)
New clients have been released and more changes have been made. Current versions are v9.11.5 and v10.11.5. It is important that all solo-miners and pool operators update to the correct clients! Miners make the network work, and as such you need to use the right client versions, stay up to date and keep our blockchain healthy and stable!

You can find the new client software on the official downloads page of www.Darkcoin.io.

*** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.11.5 OR 10.11.5 ***

Windows Users:
v9.11.5
v10.11.5

Linux Users:
Ubuntu v10.11.5 GUI Wallet/Client
Ubuntu v10.11.5 Darkcoind Daemon

Mac Users:
v9.11.5 Wallet/Client

If you need any help or have any questions please let me know! You may reply in this thread. :)

Regards,

The DRK Lord

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jpr
This is regarding masternodes only ?
correct ?
Nothing to do with normal wallets

This is regarding masternodes only ?
correct ?
Nothing to do with normal wallets

Your existing wallet is not going to be broken by the new release. But everyone should update. More changes will be coming in the future and it's important to have everyone keeping up-to-date.

I've updated my MNs now to 10115, and i ask the same q as yesterday as i never got any answer :what: - Do i need to resync the coldwallet to the remote node (with masternode start etc)?

because the MNs show up in the list after update, so everything should be ok without doing it...?

I've updated my MNs now to 10115, and i ask the same q as yesterday as i never got any answer :what: - Do i need to resync the coldwallet to the remote node (with masternode start etc)?

because the MNs show up in the list after update, so everything should be ok without doing it...?
I never had to resync and still receiving payments for the updated nodes. As long as "darkcoind masternode debug" on the remote wallet says "successfully started masternode" after the update, it should work.
There may be a case, when the node is pinged just while being offline. So to be sure, check chaeplin's masternode list after an hour or so.

As far as I understood the update to xx115 is only mandatory for pool operators.
I'm not going to update all my masternodes just for a minor (miner!) bugfix.

That being said, can we highlight updates which are mandatory for masternodes somehow in future?

That being said, can we highlight updates which are mandatory for masternodes somehow in future?

That is a good idea. I was asleep (again) when the new clients were released, haha, so I will update the OP to reflect that.

OP has been updated with correct client versions. I also added the correct download links for Windows, Linux and Mac users. In my first post I was a bit tired and forgot to do this, and I apologize for that! :p

Thanks, and if you have any problems or need any help then you need only ask! :)

The DRK Lord

OP has been updated with correct client versions. I also added the correct download links for Windows, Linux and Mac users. In my first post I was a bit tired and forgot to do this, and I apologize for that! :p

Thanks, and if you have any problems or need any help then you need only ask! :)

The DRK Lord
On darkcoin.io the links still say RC2!

Where can I find the 10.11.5 source repo so I can build the client on OSX? Is it available as a branch on GitHub? Can't see it there?

Where can I find the 10.11.5 source repo so I can build the client on OSX? Is it available as a branch on GitHub? Can't see it there?

10.11.5 contains the Darksend component, which is still closed source (private repo) - Evan scheduled to make it available when the implementation is finished.

The problem with no OSX Darksend wallet available also applies to Linux 32bit - but i provided Evan with the necessary gitian-descriptors so he should be able to build OSX and Linux32 binaries for 10.11.x soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back