• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DU-1 (USB Version Hashrate 9 MH/s , Releasing in Mid-May 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received 5 DU-1s today. The cables from manufacturer are complete garbage! The 0.6m one from SSK is much better - all 5 run @ 400. With stock one - only 2, 2 was @ 300 and one @ 200 only. So - +5V injection will be the good thing and cable replacement is a todo!

Yep, I swapped out cables and the unit I had that would only run @ 200 will now run at 300 and the one that would only run at 300 now seems to run at 400.

I have testes all my 10 units using one of the out-of-the-box cables. Each miner has been connected to 2 USB3 ports. 8 are able to mine at 400, only 2 can't work at 400, only at 300 giving stable 6 MH/s. It looks that it's not a cable-dependent issue...

I have testes all my 10 units using one of the out-of-the-box cables. Each miner has been connected to 2 USB3 ports. 8 are able to mine at 400, only 2 can't work at 400, only at 300 giving stable 6 MH/s. It looks that it's not a cable-dependent issue...
I thinked it's can't work @400, but now.. :D

c6VSvF8.jpg

..without additional power it work @400 only at USB3 port.

I thinked it's can't work @400, but now.. :D

c6VSvF8.jpg

..without additional power it work @400 only at USB3 port.

Yea, I'm thinking the supplied cables must have really high resistance that leads to voltage drop, which throws the DU-1 into an error state. In this scenario, the hub could have plenty of amperage available for powering the miner, but the voltage drop that happens on the cable before it gets there is what is causing the problem. Using the supplied cables, I have to use the Y splitter to add additional power to the cable to keep the voltage high, but with a quality cable, I can use just the hub power without issue.

Also, it seems that some DU-1 units are more sensitive to this than others. Pinidea needs to release updated DU-1 firmware that allows for a slightly lower voltage before sending the miner into an error state, especially with the quality of the supplied cables.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I ordered 10 of these, right at the first moment of order.
Still not received a single unit.
Mailed them about this, but they say they don't have a track and trace??
More people having not received there usb miners?

Hi Guys

I ordered 10 of these, right at the first moment of order.
Still not received a single unit.
Mailed them about this, but they say they don't have a track and trace??
More people having not received there usb miners?
Oh yes I think many of us still dont, I ordered 10 items while the web page said "In Stock" and I think it still does so I assumed from that they could be picked off the shelf and sent.
Given the time passed, frightening results of those who have them and the poor business model on response I think a refund now is a fair thing, Im seeing the return on mining on dash already reducing as other powerful asics are getting in early before we get a look in with these.
We have people improving their items with large pieces of copper wire, looking horrid but functional.
So concerned that this would turn out the way it has that I gave myself a 750MH/s injection from elsewhere . . . not interested in the shooter big boy now as Ive just experienced easy to set up, quality build and right on the numbers product.
Thank you Dr Dash, I feel much better now . . .

Now, back to the refund . . .

Well I just got my tracking number. Carrier just received shipping information and doesn't have the package yet.
Considering days before I got an email saying package has shipped makes me wonder how organized they are.

BTW order 100 canada

Well I just got my tracking number. Carrier just received shipping information and doesn't have the package yet.
Considering days before I got an email saying package has shipped makes me wonder how organized they are.

BTW order 100 canada
Yeah it is common for them to already know the tracking number before the carrier gets it, even I can provide ship track numbers well before I send. Anyway, I have got my shipping detail also so they are starting to get through the bulk of the early to mid may orders.

Order #145 purchased May 19th shipped via DHL to Upstate NY USA June 17th from Hong Kong. E.T.A. Tuesday June 21st.

More soon.

Thanks Pinidea.io !!

- UnklAdM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back