• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DR-1 Hashrate 500MH/s @320w Weighs 4.5kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the photos. What rate was this single chip miner hashing at? What is the die size of this chip?

Thanks.

The peak we saw averaged around 8.5 MH/s and ran it there for a long time.

I did not ask about die size so he will have to answer that but the first post on this thread shows the package as QFN64, around 8mm x 8mm. I think he mentioned it being a 130nm process. While smaller processes exist manufacturing costs for small batches like this rise dramatically, from our discussion they did not feel it made sense to pursue at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
what will be the price smaller usb ones or a bit bigger with acceptable price

That is a good question for them. While they had no longer planned on releasing the USB version of the miner Soleo did ask me if there would be interest in them selling it. I am not interested in purchasing a USB version but maybe others would be? I just like to play with technology, marketing is way beyond me.

+1 for X11 USB sticks if the price is reasonable.

Especially if a single X11 USB miner is capable of providing performance similar to that of a higher-end GPU at a much lower power consumption.

Since X11 is going the ASIC way apparently we need more miners to get their hands on X11 miners and USB miners manage to do that great.

+1 for X11 USB sticks if the price is reasonable.

Especially if a single X11 USB miner is capable of providing performance similar to that of a higher-end GPU at a much lower power consumption.

Since X11 is going the ASIC way apparently we need more miners to get their hands on X11 miners and USB miners manage to do that great.
Yep, I`d like to buy some too :)

soleo is there any update as to the shipping and availability of these? Has the mid-March timing changed?

Thanks.

Yeah, it would be nice to hear an update. When I met with him this past Sunday he had indicated they may start taking preorders next week with shipments beginning at the end of March. I got 500 Dash sitting by, just need to see a working blade.

This would be a great idea. Gets more people hashing on the network. Would be nice if there was a way to get the pool distribution improved as well.

This would be a great idea. Gets more people hashing on the network. Would be nice if there was a way to get the pool distribution improved as well.
of cours we all want to get income out of it weather with mining or other like free coins

I would also like to get on a waiting list , will definitly purchase 1 that is currently the max pr customer.
But if possible i would like to get 4 units

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back