• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PGP Signature Invalid

Follow the white rabbit, and read your last sentence again :grin:

View attachment 1845
Sorry, I kinda figured i would have to copy and save a .asc file but i just wanted to make sure. Thank you :)
I uploaded this file after clicking on the "signature" icon from the far left... but it does not show on the screen.

Also is the key ID "0x4b..." a given key or how do we find it? I went ahead and typed this key in and this is what i have:

upload_2015-8-29_16-56-3.png

Also, for general purposes, you can always copy and paste a key or signature into a text file and change the extension to .asc :).

Pablo.
That's what I did, works great... Lol, I couldn't get past Please wait... screen,
until I realized I had been blocking mit.edu... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I kinda figured i would have to copy and save a .asc file but i just wanted to make sure. Thank you :)
I uploaded this file after clicking on the "signature" icon from the far left... but it does not show on the screen.

Also is the key ID "0x4b..." a given key or how do we find it? I went ahead and typed this key in and this is what i have:

View attachment 1846
You need to upload the .asc file still - key and binary are ok.

Also, for general purposes, you can always copy and paste a key or signature into a text file and change the extension to .asc :).

Pablo.
I have the .asc file. Just to make sure, I deleted and made another .asc file... it is an .asc file but for some reason i still can not upload the dang thing.

I have the .asc file. Just to make sure, I deleted and made another .asc file... it is an .asc file but for some reason i still can not upload the dang thing.
Did you try "Save link as..." in your browser?

upload_2015-8-29_23-32-21.png

What OS are you on? I can only assume that either

a) the file is not a .asc
or
b) the content is not valid after copy&paste

But hard to tell from here :)
This is windows vista. Maybe when i copied and pasted the file from the browser, I copied some extra white spaces or whatever you call them?

The .asc file can be named simply key.asc (no need long name)
You can drag & drop, or browse & select .asc and .zip simultaneously (no need for 2 steps)

The .asc file can be named simply key.asc (no need long name)
You can drag & drop, or browse & select .asc and .zip simultaneously (no need for 2 steps)
I'm sure it had something to do with unwanted extra spaces and linefeeds that caused the problem for me... Like when i first created a masternode.conf file, the wallet could not start because of some additional spaces at the end of the file.. :)

I'm sure it had something to do with unwanted extra spaces and linefeeds that caused the problem for me... Like when i first created a masternode.conf file, the wallet could not start because of some additional spaces at the end of the file.. :)
Not to mention you are the only person in the world using Vista... I mean Vista could screw up the Lord's Prayer...

Not to mention you are the only person in the world using Vista... I mean Vista could screw up the Lord's Prayer...
LOL...
You don't want to use an expensive computer to test Dash.. or any software.. Why?
Here:

upload_2015-8-29_18-6-9.png

Plus I'm testing for users of 3rd world... the US :tongue::grin: (seriously)

Anyway, toolsley is a very nice tool for all OSes to verify Dash downloaded files now.. I guess we can get rid of the other tools listed on the help/support pages?

Thanks again, fible1 and flare for your work on this. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back