• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

P2Pool Setup help

What sort of pool do you mine into?

• None, I'm still solo mining!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Which version did you use ?
git clone or release ?

git clone ? ( Warning 14.0.0.)

wget https://github.com/twisted/twisted/archive/twisted-13.2.0.tar.gz

# cd twisted-twisted-13.2.0
# grep "14.0.0" * -r
#

What are you thinking with this? Twistd says 13.2.0 try to compile 14.0.0?

Edit: ok recompliling with wget instead of Git Clone.

EDIT EDIT:

compiled from wget. A ton less errors now but still won't compile. make still fails.

Code:
python run_p2pool.py -help

~/p2ppol-drk/p2pool/util/pack.py:205: Deprecation
Warning: object.__new__() takes no parameters
  return Type.__new__(cls, bits, endianness)

EDIT EDIT EDIT (*3)

downloaded python 2.7 Still above error. OS is too outdated. Can't compile on Debian Squeeze. AFAIK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I setup a p2pool to at http://scorp.hopto.org:7903/static/

lLbQqWN.png

question: Is the hard fork next week going to break p2pool? I saw one of the latest commits to the readme, and it seemed to imply that we couldn't use p2pool after the hard fork. Am I just sleep deprived at the moment?

SO i am setting up a new P2Pool node and still learning linux.

How do I change the payout address for the node, how do i reduce the fee to 0.5% and are there any other settings as best practice?

SO i am setting up a new P2Pool node and still learning linux.

How do I change the payout address for the node, how do i reduce the fee to 0.5% and are there any other settings as best practice?
Use command-line options --address, --fee and --give-author
For more options run ./run_p2pool.py --help

Thanks that worked.

DO you know how to get dashd to auto start\restart on reboot?

Editing crontab -e doesnt start dashd and creating a systemd unit file starts dashd but then it automatically shuts it down

Thanks that worked.

DO you know how to get dashd to auto start\restart on reboot?

Editing crontab -e doesnt start dashd and creating a systemd unit file starts dashd but then it automatically shuts it down
I'm fine with crontab @reboot ~/.dashcore/dashd
If daemon was terminated unusual ways, it need more complex actions (restore block data from backup) to make it work again.

Is there a way to implement email alerts when the miner goes idle and/or the shares are deposited? Those are nice features that I like about coinmine.pl and suprnova.cc...

Also, I read through this link, but I fail to see how p2pool is more descentralized than an MPOS pool. What makes MPOS centralized, if it's a collective hash rate effort to solve blocks and reward miners according to their hash rate through shares?

As more and more people come over to Darkcoin, presumably more and more people will want to set up a pool of come sort. P2Pool is really easy to set up, but there are some glitches.

I learned a lot about setting it up from Chaeplin, who ported P2Pool to Darkcoin. Unfortunately for the search engines, most of it was in PMs, as the Darkcoin announce thread is already a raging river.

So, I'm starting this thread to help out anyone who is having difficulties with P2Pool. I'll try to get chaeplin over here as well, as he knows far more than I do about it. Also, I hope those of us running a P2Pool can use this as a forum for discussing new additions, etc.

Hi there:

Could you kindly advise where to look for tutorials if i want to setup a p2pool node for mining Dash, as there isn't one in my city, and the latency i get by connecting to the closest node is 180ms.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thank a million Gunna, I've ordered a Raspberry yesterday.

Before it's arrival, just a few quick questions:
1. Any requirements for the Desktop? Ram requirements? is the desktop going to be running 24/7 after it's up and running?

2. "wget %%above mentioned address% -O – | tar -xz && cp dash-0.12.1/bin/dashd ~/
(I had trouble with this step, the | tar -xz && cp dash-0.12.1/bin/dashd ~/ is supposed to copy dashd to the root of the PI home directory.)"
What does this line mean? it's kind of hard to follow

i guess it's going to be the Raspberry that's going to be running the node. So is it possible to set this all up with a laptop instead of a desktop?

HI Guys,

I am having a problem with the /p2pool-dash/data/dash/addr file. It was created when I set up my Pool, my pool is working and mining fine, it just doesn't come up on the list. Can someone help me with the file, I am not sure of the layout of the file.

Thanks
Gui

Back