• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

P2Pool P2Pool repository and python modules

Actually my vps is Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS , which has python 2.7.6 by default.. I will try running on my local :)
My code still running fine on my python 2.7.9 , strange :)
Addtional Info, my code is also running fine on my python 2.7.10.

Last edited by a moderator:
thelazier
no no no
let`s wait v12 release.
ok, I'm waiting while I do really want to use new version as soon as possible so our donation script will be in action :)
+ Migration 2 system at same time will cause more time for troubleshooting :) , If we can migrate p2pool finish before start migration to v12 wallet, our p2pool will be ready and p2pool mined blocks will touch both v11 and v12 wallets during migration time which should be nice.

thelazier, agree.
but we cant send this update to all owners p2pool.
hashrate down and we just started to increase it.
when v12 release - all p2pool owners visit forum and see update.

Since the official is updated , shall we migrate to latest commit of p2pool on mainnet ?
I don't think me or any "officials" have any power to say what version P2Pool node holders (or any other pool actually) have to run :rolleyes:
If you guys feel it works fine - pls organize and migrate to new version when everyone is ready.

Guys, can anyone who is familiar with p2pool code help me pls?

As far as I see p2pool uses OP_RETURN to store some data in coinbase last output
http://test.explorer.darkcoin.qa/tx...ca0a9ff4d3d09af0788054ffd8a8e7c06199ca3796#o5
https://github.com/dashpay/p2pool-dash/blob/master/p2pool/data.py#L214
Code:
script='\x6a\x28' + cls.get_ref_hash(net, share_info, ref_merkle_link) + pack.IntType(64).pack(last_txout_nonce),

Why is that and is it used for anything later?
I have no idea, it's something from the original creator : https://github.com/forrestv/p2pool/blob/master/p2pool/data.py#L209

ok, I'm waiting while I do really want to use new version as soon as possible so our donation script will be in action :)
+ Migration 2 system at same time will cause more time for troubleshooting :) , If we can migrate p2pool finish before start migration to v12 wallet, our p2pool will be ready and p2pool mined blocks will touch both v11 and v12 wallets during migration time which should be nice.
Ok, 10 days waiting :) and no reason to wait for v12 as UdjinM6 mentioned,
I upgraded my mainnet to latest version + dirty about bootstrap address to have only my node for mainnet.
poiuty How about resetting the BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS for new version ?
Reason :
1. p2pool owners are around the world , no way that everyone will have same time stop the node and start new one :) So, they can upgrade whenever they are ready.
2. the new node will be able to start with latest commit without reset to old one while waiting v12, and we will have active server ready for their shares downloading for first run.
3. the shares will be reset anyway when the node switch to new version, IMO. Please let me know if you have solution to migrate old shares to new p2pool version.
BTW, What would be good solution to gather p2pool owners to start upgrade version of p2pool-dash ?

Back