• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Open Source Announcement and Future Plans

eduffield

Core Developer
Hello Everyone!

Today, September 29, 2014 Darksend was completely open sourced. This means that we’re no longer going to be using the “release candidate” labels and we’re considering Darksend to be stable enough to leave beta. Also, the development community can come together to improve and refine Darksend, build backends that utilize it and enhance the Masternode technology adding even more functionality.

We’ve been busy the last few weeks working on development plans for the next six to twelve months and we’re happy to announce these today.

Masternode Hardening

To build a network that can withstand attacks, the masternodes must not publish their IPs. To do this we’re going to utilize a new multipath communication technology. This will add another layer of privacy to the system as it will allow users to communicate with the network securely without exposing their IPs and will also hide the identity of the Darksend mixing nodes making it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for third parties to spy on users information.

It uses multi-path routing so users can send more than one encrypted message using different routes on the mesh network for redundancy. This will allow us quick communication, robustness and anonymous two way communication.

The diagram below shows the new system in action:

OUwts2khRo_9vL7lJnMxqY1Bf_d_dNN6e0v7xS6QTXbJdWfTgldiwIuCgQ7aCL_8WHR927R8tVvIO9Wnfz5PeSOmXNyQVHhx6cMGWhgHWbTtB_Imhj3nNzss571uVebTbw

We’re currently building the foundation for instant transactions and other secret projects that we’re not ready to announce yet. We’ll see you on testnet soon!

The Darkcoin Development Team

I need the Link to this announcement from darkcoin.io please !
Looks great, congrats !!

I think this would be a great opportunity for me to say a huge thanks to Evan, flare, vertoe, elbereth, chaeplin, yidakee, tungfa and everybody else (dev, mods, normal bods...) who have welcomed me into this community and had the patience to teach me to walk so that I can have a go at running one day :)

This project is quite simply the most exciting and fun IT project that I have had the privilege to be part of in my own tiny way. It makes me question why I work all day doing something that I hate by comparison.

Congratulations all :grin:

Proud to be part of all this! Evan, hat's off to you! (and the rest of the team of course!!)

Congratz dev team, a lot of development in a relative short period of time. a job well done.

Evan and team, as always you surprise everybody with the development progress and future "secret projects that you’re not ready to announce yet".
Waiting for the testnet :)
C&C --> Cheers & Congratulations!

Evan, you're full of out of the box surprises, true originality and creativity is rare indeed, thanks for making Shrek the Sheep's life more interesting. Been mining with you from the 2nd week, I remember first seeing your name in the main pool, but even then there was someone quicker (but only just, you were second). You made it possible for us guys with slow computers and no fancy GPUs to actually be able to mine something worthwhile. Btw we even talk about darkcoin in the pub, here in the UK, and seriously you are also altering the real commercial world as the coin slowly gets accepted, even manufacturers are using it such as zeusminer.com

Yes, a great day indeed! Not simply for Evan, the team, users, and DRK itself, but potentially for civilization as well. The hinges of time rarely squeak when a major new door is opened, it is only years later that people begin to note that the world is not as it was. I am honored to have arrived in this stable when I did. A shepherd privileged to hear the song of angels. Forums are rarely compared to mangers, but this looks like one to me.

Great work Evan et al, Carry on... The sky awaits.

Strix

Evan, you're so cool! Thanks for being our awesome dev.
Flare, thank you too, for being there for Evan and us. You are great!
And thanks to everyone else who have been helping so much to get this project going.
I can't wait for testnet. I think i'm addicted to it now... lol...

Back