• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official Pre-Proposal: Proposal Evaluation Committee

Will this be beneficial for Dash?

• Total voters
I don't expect this to work as intended, but since PEC review is non-committing, just recommendation to MNO's - why not? Trying something is better than doing nothing.

We would like to sponsor this proposal at Dash Budget Watch -- @Biltong -- if we get the backers, you won't have to pay the proposal fee. With your permission, I can add it right away.

https://fundchan.com/dashbudgetwatch
Hi Jim,
Thank you so much for the offer, but Dash Force offered to pay a couple of weeks ago.
If they change their minds I will definitely take you up on yours ;)
One of the PEC teams will be contacting you about your Pre-Proposals
Good luck with FundChan

You've been around - you're seeing a problem somewhere. Tell, so we can hopefully prevent the problem. o_O

If I would be able to translate the feeling into words, I would already do it :) So, I'd better reserve my opinion until I'll see the first iteration completed.

Not sure how this will work out but you have shown that you care and are willing to put in some work so ill support this and well just have to see how it goes.

It's clear that our governance system is trying to evolve. I support all attempts to improve it. Some will succeed some will fail, but I see many of us with similar desires, so I have hope that we will work it out.

TLDR: Yes from me.

Yep - let's hope it works as planned.
Got a good team working on it though ;) See above
I noticed that none of your team has any experience in marketing. Is there any reason for this? It seems to me that Dash could use help marketing, getting the word out about its product and services. Not sure how experience in banking would help.

Are you volunteering? :p
I think the problem is crypto is mostly populated by geeks and Marketing people are too busy partying to be geeks ;)
But you're right - Got an MBA Marketing lined up in the reserve list - will be joining us as soon as a position opens up.

Last edited:
Personally the idea of 6 people swaying the way they want to take Dash is not the way to go. Bias is in all of us let's be honest, there is no organization that is not bias towards some group of people, just like certain news stations are republican favored and some are democratic favored. This creates the faulty system we have now with corruption, down the road it could easily play out as someone has friends in the committee or even bribes the committee to give positive feed back. This could also have the ability to ruin the credibility of a perfectly good proposal because of greed. (Ex. Dash force has new competition putting in a proposal. Dash force bribes the committee and the committee spreads rumors and lies about the legitimacy of the new proposal ending up in the failure of a proposal passing)

We have 4400 masternodes holding almost 200k each, they are highly incentivized to make the right choice to increase their own Dash wealth. I do not see this as a problem it is merely a learning curve. Mistakes happen but masternodes learn from them.

Now if you want to be a group of people who (for free) go around giving feed back on proposals (like the others) Then that would be great, but creating a centralized group of people to help us vote is definitely not in mind.

Being the accounting team for Dash would be a great idea though, as I do see several sources asking for info on where the money is actually going. But in a way it should be part of the teams responsiblity to stay transparent. So not sure.

Personally the idea of 6 people swaying the way they want to take Dash is not the way to go. Bias is in all of us let's be honest, there is no organization that is not bias towards some group of people, just like certain news stations are republican favored and some are democratic favored. This creates the faulty system we have now with corruption, down the road it could easily play out as someone has friends in the committee or even bribes the committee to give positive feed back. This could also have the ability to ruin the credibility of a perfectly good proposal because of greed. (Ex. Dash force has new competition putting in a proposal. Dash force bribes the committee and the committee spreads rumors and lies about the legitimacy of the new proposal ending up in the failure of a proposal passing)

We have 4400 masternodes holding almost 200k each, they are highly incentivized to make the right choice to increase their own Dash wealth. I do not see this as a problem it is merely a learning curve. Mistakes happen but masternodes learn from them.

Now if you want to be a group of people who (for free) go around giving feed back on proposals (like the others) Then that would be great, but creating a centralized group of people to help us vote is definitely not in mind.

Being the accounting team for Dash would be a great idea though, as I do see several sources asking for info on where the money is actually going. But in a way it should be part of the teams responsiblity to stay transparent. So not sure.

I agree with you, @MizzyMax [emoji74]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bribing 6 MNO's!!? What will it take? Long standing reps - criminal charges - say $50,000 each? $300,000 in bribes? What will the proposal be for: $1.000,000? :rolleyes:
Come on Missy - you'll have to do better than that! :D

Edited: Removed uncalled for comment

Last edited:
Bribing 6 MNO's!!? What will it take? Long standing reps - criminal charges - say $50,000 each? $300,000 in bribes? What will the proposal be for: $1.000,000? :rolleyes:
Come on Missy - We know you're an abob-the-anonymous fan-boy - you'll have to do better than that! :D
Literally they could do anything they could blackmail, bribe , threaten to kill. When it comes to hundreds of thousands of dollars people do crazy things. You cannot ignore the facts that it already happens in today's world, how would you think it wouldn't in this example?

And thanks for proving that you can be extremely bias already. Calling me the "abob-the anonymous fan-boy" and to
All who give constructive criticism and oppose the committee shall receive a bad review and be discredited because the committee want to stay in power.

Hi @Biltong

I suggest positioning PEC more like a "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" rather than like a Yelp review (forgive me if these are American references).

Do the evaluations in private with the proposal owners, then leave it up to the proposal owner to decide if they want to share the PEC results. Good proposals will gladly trumpet "PEC approved" and the bad proposals will be noted by their absence of PEC approval.

Hi @Biltong

I suggest positioning PEC more like a "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" rather than like a Yelp review (forgive me if these are American references).

Do the evaluations in private with the proposal owners, then leave it up to the proposal owner to decide if they want to share the PEC results. Good proposals will gladly trumpet "PEC approved" and the bad proposals will be noted by their absence of PEC approval.

In private would be safer, but defeat the education/prevention part of the PEC - thought about & discussed before:
Newcomers seeing how the evaluations improve the Pre-P's; what is needed etc and scammers/time wasters/chancers seeing what will happen with their Pre-P's ,
But thanx for the feedback

And thanks for proving that you can be extremely bias already. Calling me the "abob-the anonymous fan-boy" and to
All who give constructive criticism and oppose the committee shall receive a bad review and be discredited because the committee want to stay in power.
Hate to say this, but you are right. Uncalled for :(
Had a day out of hell yesterday and took it out on you. If you have an hour and a half - I'll tell you about it: Cars/kids/starting a new biz etc etc
Anyway, forgive an old fart - getting grumpier by the day :eek:

And don't worry - I don't do evaluations and I don't think any of the team will let me tell them what to say - most have been around far longer than me and none of them are pushovers - believe me.

Back