• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official Dash Instamine Issue Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps as a suggestion for the team, especially as DASH begins to get more and more attention from the cryptosphere and raging opposers who would be eager to diminish and downgrade DASH as a scam based on this fact alone, couldn't there be an external audit to put an end to this discussion by studying the coin distribution among the community and providing concrete numbers to everything related to this?

It would help making DASH more immune to this sort of trolling and loss of credibility by newcomers who, unknowledgeable of cryptocurrencies, DASH or what this event specifically means, would run at the first cry of "wolf" by an ill-intended person.

We goan games have a Dash Core wallet but we have forgot the passphrase we tried a lot to remember it but we failed. In dash we dont have a option like other crypto currency forget password option so that we can put a new password which is wrong.
Because of this i have almost loose my Dash Coins. Dash should work on the forgot password linked because anyone can loose his passphrase than what he or she can do.

I just don't get why some people are so caught up on the "fairness" aspect.[/QUOTE said:
I think it's down to one of two things:
Anything of bad appearance undermines confidence.
and
Any scam involves someone gaining at someone else's expense, and people worry that someone so obviously gaining by such an event means that they and others will lose.

We goan games have a Dash Core wallet but we have forgot the passphrase we tried a lot to remember it but we failed. In dash we dont have a option like other crypto currency forget password option so that we can put a new password which is wrong.
Because of this i have almost loose my Dash Coins. Dash should work on the forgot password linked because anyone can loose his passphrase than what he or she can do.

I think some aspects of this issue might be getting address in Evolution via usernames and passwords.
Don't quote me, though, as I'm still getting to grips with Dash, never mind evolution.

Nope, I think it is good :) I was just saying that we should not go too far in terms of sharing it, especially on btctalk.

A view from the outside: I became interested recently in exploring Dash and was viewing a bunch of different videos on YouTube and began reading remarks in the comments section which I thought better to check out. It became fairly easy to find more remarks by the "trolls" just by googling Evan. I had a less easy time finding more details about what had actually happened and how it has been resolved. From my experience I believe that there is good value in doing a coordinated effort perhaps involving Google search positions to make the information at least as equally available as the negative bickering. Since it revolves around Dash/Darkcoin and Evan Duffield as a possible search topics it probably will not be all that difficult to present a decent explanation and make it more available

A view from the outside: I became interested recently in exploring Dash and was viewing a bunch of different videos on YouTube and began reading remarks in the comments section which I thought better to check out. It became fairly easy to find more remarks by the "trolls" just by googling Evan. I had a less easy time finding more details about what had actually happened and how it has been resolved. From my experience I believe that there is good value in doing a coordinated effort perhaps involving Google search positions to make the information at least as equally available as the negative bickering. Since it revolves around Dash/Darkcoin and Evan Duffield as a possible search topics it probably will not be all that difficult to present a decent explanation and make it more available
Thanks for the input. You are right that we should do an effort to get a complete explanation well positioned in google... easier said that done though, so trolls work very hard :) I think this thread should eventually get ranked high because ranking for the dash.org domain is improving a lot, but I'll see what else we can do.

Reactions: daf
I agree completely.

Yes, Evan has the right to financial privacy just like the rest of us, and it's completely his choice whether to reveal the extent of his holdings. I personally think he should, for several reasons:

a) There was a large instamine, which I believe was accidental. But given this mistake and the opportunity to gain numerous coins, I think a definitive answer would be helpful.
b) He is the founder, which puts him under additional scrutiny.
c) He is the lead developer and the true visionary behind the project. The credibility he has within the community is enormous, as is his influence.
d) The budget system could be manipulated, at least in theory, by somebody who has enough coins. The founder, whose "vote yes for this" easily counts for 500 votes, could, in combination with his own masternodes, have unusually strong influence over budget proposals.

These four factors, in my opinion, are reasons why he should chose to waive his right to privacy with respect to his Dash holdings. It's like the public figure exception to slander/libel law: in the U.S. at least, you can get away with saying a *lot* more about a celebrity or politician or other public figure than you could about a regular person. Why do you think TMZ still exists? =)

It's entirely Evan's decision though, and we must respect his right to privacy. If he chooses to reveal his holdings, that's great. If not, that's his right too.

P.S. Elbereth has mentioned before that Evan has about 270 MNs, which he presumably deduced from voting records. I apologize if posting that here is inappropriate, but it's already been deduced by another person from public blockchain records. In theory he could have more Dash that isn't in masternodes, or some of his MNs could be run for friends and family.

P.P.S. Fernando is absolutely right--even if Evan did tell us how much Dash he owned, we'd still have to take his word for it. But I think such a declaration would be designed to inform those who already believe in Dash, not to refute the trolls. It's like my dad said when I pointed out that padlocks could be easily cut, allowing criminals entry into our yard. He pointed out that locks aren't intended to keep the criminals out; they are intended to keep honest people honest.
Evans' master nodes are turned off. They have been off for months

Hi all, as per other posts I've made, I am in the process of making a video regarding the Dash fastmine that occurred in the first 48 hours.
1) Could someone please point me to where Evan posted the code (code with a publishing timestamp) that enabled other miners to acquire and thus mine Dash as soon as Dash (Xcoin) was started.
2) If some one can demonstrate the the time gap between when the code was made public and when the first block was mined, that would be 100% fabulous, to say the least.

*I will be happy to donate some Dash for good answers.

cheers and Happy New Year from Australia. May 2018 continue great things for Dash and everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back