• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Nominate Projects for the Developer Bounty Fund. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
vertoe Is the official wallet new GUI part of the core devs responsibility and thus not part of this initiative?
It's a conflict of interest I try to avoid. I dont want the community to pay the core devs for doing stuff.

I dont want to put things off the list, so if you really want that GUI so hard, I can put it on the list, but yeah, that's in my eyes not scope of this initiative and responsibility of the core team. (and, the protocol also is. :p)

I'd like to see some work regarding blockchain pruning. It's on the protocol level (if we do not want it to be centralized), yet it is not a direct work on the core client, so does this count? :p

Yes. I imagine it works somewhat like our masternodes. A decentralize wallet protocol which gives some incentives for user who keep full blockchain but on the other hand it gives novice users a light-weight, quickly and easy to use wallet.

I believe with that way we will create huge opportunities for futher development and add more value to Darkcoin eco-system. Because the light-weight wallet can port to mobile app and web.

I'd like to see some work regarding blockchain pruning. It's on the protocol level (if we do not want it to be centralized), yet it is not a direct work on the core client, so does this count? :p

Yes. I imagine it works somewhat like our masternodes. A decentralize wallet protocol which gives some incentives for user who keep full blockchain but on the other hand it gives novice users a light-weight, quickly and easy to use wallet.

I believe with that way we will create huge opportunities for futher development and add more value to Darkcoin eco-system. Because the light-weight wallet can port to mobile app and web.

double posting is cheating !
:wink:

That is how SPV clients work. A lightweight client that only gets the info it actually needs from nodes.
However, this comes with a drawback in safety compared to having the full chain. It is what I meant when I said that if has to be on the protocol level it we do not want it centralized.

Kick-ass animated info-video in the lines of "What is Bitcoin" for the masses.

But I agree this is not priority at all. Implementation is key. If anyone gets bitcoin they'd get dark, but PR is always PR.

It's a conflict of interest I try to avoid. I dont want the community to pay the core devs for doing stuff.

I dont want to put things off the list, so if you really want that GUI so hard, I can put it on the list, but yeah, that's in my eyes not scope of this initiative and responsibility of the core team. (and, the protocol also is. :p)

I hear you, I think having a list of the things we would like to have is a good idea. As far as paying for those developments, I honestly think we can't afford it. Maybe we can take the coins we have available divide them between all the projects and whoever volunteers to tackle one off the list can have a symbolic recognition for their contribution.

If we do it like that I don't think anyone's feelings will get hurt. Trying to pay market price for those developments would be unaffordable at the moment and a route I don't think we want to take, but I need to think a little bit more about this one, it is a complex issue.

Is it only wallets we can vote for? :D
I vote for a decentralized poker rooms built on our 2000 masternode army, where you can of course play DRK only.

Exchange incorporated into wallet handled by the MNs network.
Fees from it goes to the MNs operators + foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back