• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Not exactly new but a lot has changed in 3+ years! I was active in altcoins and altcoin mining back in 2014. I was one of the moderators for Auroracoin's Reddit sub and had a great time even if I was 3000 miles from Iceland. In that time, I've met many Icelanders however. I even got to speak with Rekjavik's former anarchist mayor, Jon Gnarr, about Auroracoin and Bitcoin at a dinner party once. Unfortunately (not for me but for AUR), AUR was a victim of too much press too early. A very favorable article about AUR was published on CryptoDesk on the VERY SAME DAY AUR went live on Cryptsy. I made a good deal of money (consider: I was mining on an ATI 6970 at $1/day and overnight my month's worth of mining ($30) turned into $1500. I got mine but I think a lot of people chased it all the way back to the bottom. That's when the FUD arrived and never went away. People still call it a scamcoin if they've heard of it at all. It's not, but it doesn't have nearly the features or amount of dev energy Dash does. Since that time it looks like A LOT of alts have changed, many for the better. Shoulda kept those DRK all those years back...

Then baby and house and I was out of the game for quite a while.

Now I'm back. I wanted to get into this space for a while, got lucky and paid $1500 for a D3 (november batch), and now have devised my plan to become a longstanding member of Dash. Basically, my plan is to sit on all the Dash I mine for 6 months. Then I'll split it: 25% to the wife on either a sexy Dash app on her phone or a Shake card, 25% for me (probably bills/debt), and the other 50% will go to helping acquire Dash MN shares. My wife and I will keep our 25% share of the miner in perpetuity, meant to be spent and facilitate 'circulation'. I think once my wife gets 'the bug' (i.e. her share), she'll become much more interested in Dash (and especially it's governance structure). FYI, I also purchased a SIA Obelisk and will be mining that as well, to reinvest in SiaFund shares, as well as will be hosting my NAS on Sia's cloud storage network.

I'm excited about Evolution as its roadmap lays over my own quite nicely: my miner will be coming up to its 6 mo mark about the time Ev. is meant to drop. I do have a few questions however...

How will Evolution affect Masternode Shares? And can a MN share's payout automatically invest into more MN shares or do we have to buy in 25D quantities?

Howdy DASH community!!! I'm a Scottsdale local who loves learning about crypto's and the revolutionary future of the blockchain technology! I am very interested in DASH and would love to get more involved... Technology is exponentially EXPONENTIALLY growing right now and the next five to ten years is going to be absolutely insanity! I have been following crypto's for a few years and it's extremely exciting to see them exploding right now. Best part, this is still just the beginning! Please reach out!

Chris :)

Hello all,
I joined because I recently started mining Dash. I did mine some BTC in the past and that was interesting but I didn't have very good equipment.
I am looking forward to learning all I can about Dash and mining it.

Hola!

Happy to say that I'm new here. Mostly excited to see in how many different ways one idea can be projected and developed. Went to a district street festival and now I just want to contribute how I can, to bring more smiles on peoples faces, cause DASH sure did bring a big one on mine!

Looking forward to get to know you DASHers out there and read about your great ideas!

Keiu.

Last edited:
Hi!

DASH, as the first crypto that was introduced to me by a friend, intrigued me enough to dig deeper into the world of cryptos. First time in my life I can do my payments without any middleman - something I could've never even wished for. Today, three months later, DASH is being used as a regular way of payment between me, my close friends and family. I don’t regret the decision to join DASH community and purchasing my first DASH. This was THE right thing to do!

I’m impressed by the opportunity DASH community gives, to be part of its growth and development through different proposals and projects. If you’d ask me how do I see the future then I don't know. What I do know though is that some very beautiful and helpful projects are gonna be done!

See you around, fellow DASHers!
Siim

Hi! Im new here

How to invest in Dash?

Where to buy the coins?

What's the price of the coin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Im new here

How to invest in Dash?

Where to buy the coins?

What's the price of the coin?
Welcome.

It's always nice to see new people here but if you don't want to be banned please refrain from posting 20 very similar posts in different threads all advertising your(?) site. I deleted all of them btw, so let's just agree to save your and my time. If you want to promote your site, please do it properly - create new thread and describe what it is, how it could be useful for someone who use Dash. After that, please try to keep it all to your thread and avoid cross-promotion in other threads.

Thanks.

PS. And btw, ask your tech team to fix that ssl certificate:
Code:
www.coincheckup.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
An additional root certificate may need to be imported.
Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Hello Dash community,

I'm Romet and I got introduced to the crypto world by my dear friends a few months ago. At first, it got a small portion of my attention, but the more I asked and the more they explained, the more I started to see the true value and genius in it. I love the fact that crypto has a potential to change the world, and it will!

Few words about me:
I'm a soul searcher, personal development junkie and house/techno music lover who has an international experience in business, sales and marketing.

Excited to get deeper into the rabbit hole and share good vibes with the world;)

Peace & Love
Romet

Hi,

I am not new to Dash (my old acc. is D@rk) and I am here (again) to warn users against the C-CEX.com exchange (still listed on Dash) which stole 358 Dash from me three years ago (current worth $131990). You can read more about my story here.

Hi!

I've been a quiet dash enthusiast for a little while now and an enthusiastic fintech nerd. Here's turning the world into an increasingly dash-friendly marketplace.

-P

Thanks for having me, everyone. I'm bound to have a bunch of questions, so thanks in advance!

First question: Any good DASH meetup groups in Los Angeles?

About me: Taught high school English for nearly a decade in NYC. Relocated to LA; still like to read. Co-Founder of software company designed for the cannabis industry.

Hello Everyone,

I am Harish and I joined this forum newly. I am fascinated about the cryptocurrencies and joined the Dash forum to lean more.

Thanks

Hi all,

Newbie here and I am looking forward to being part of this community :)

Also, I am Event Manager (Startup Grind Chapter Director, Hackathon, Conference, and meetup organizer) based in Serbia and I will try to bring Dash closer to people around me.

My events are turned to Startups and young entrepreneurs. I think Dash will be just the right spot for them.

I wanted to make dash Hackathon and already contacted Dash team, but unfortunately, they were not interested in that, so I decided to promote Dash on my monthly events with 50+ attendees per event and see what happens from there. :)

Also, I am preparing details for my pre-proposal post regarding Dash to be a sponsor of my monthly events, so any tips would help :)

P.S. I have read all intro videos and posts and downloaded a bunch of proposal concepts, but I think personal help would be good too.

Hi! new here

Welcome.

It's always nice to see new people here but if you don't want to be banned please refrain from posting 20 very similar posts in different threads all advertising your(?) site. I deleted all of them btw, so let's just agree to save your and my time. If you want to promote your site, please do it properly - create new thread and describe what it is, how it could be useful for someone who use Dash. After that, please try to keep it all to your thread and avoid cross-promotion in other threads.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back