• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit to having unjustly dismissed all non-bitcoin coins as scammy alt-coins for a long time. After doing some actual research into what Dash is, I am now convinced that this is everything we once hoped Bitcoin would be. Dash has renewed my hope and optimism for a better future.

I'll admit to having unjustly dismissed all non-bitcoin coins as scammy alt-coins for a long time. After doing some actual research into what Dash is, I am now convinced that this is everything we once hoped Bitcoin would be. Dash has renewed my hope and optimism for a better future.

In the imperfect world of cryptocoins, governance is the hope that things will change.

In the imperfect world of cryptocoins, governance is the hope that things will change.

Yes, that's really the element that intrigues me the most. If that 10% can really be used to grow the coin and build a thriving decentralized corporation, this is going to be the tip of a very large iceberg. I think it remains to be seen how effective this organizational structure will be in reality, but I'm very optimistic. If it does work, I can already envision all kinds of ways this can be deployed that go well beyond just being the governing mechanism for the coin itself.

Hi everybody! My name is Magomet, I'm 27y old and I'm an online marketeer who's been on the Dash train for couple of months now. Finally decided to register here and now looking for ways to contribute to this amazing project Dash!

Yes, that's really the element that intrigues me the most. If that 10% can really be used to grow the coin and build a thriving decentralized corporation, this is going to be the tip of a very large iceberg. I think it remains to be seen how effective this organizational structure will be in reality, but I'm very optimistic. If it does work, I can already envision all kinds of ways this can be deployed that go well beyond just being the governing mechanism for the coin itself.

The iceberg that is below the surface is going to appear when people will understand that they can vote using numbers.
When people will understand that a vote is not only a yes or a no, but it can also be a number within (rational) bounds, this will be the great revolution.

Last edited:
Have a look for example at Dash's emission curve and imagine the new generations to be able to vote using numbers and thus confiscate the coins that the old generations took from them.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RpLd87PTs65sz8USrrXwGRoVGVbzaC-nunErEtGSJoE/edit#gid=0

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by confiscating coins that older generations took. Although doing my best to read up on Dash's history, could you clarify what I'm missing about that?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by confiscating coins that older generations took. Although doing my best to read up on Dash's history, could you clarify what I'm missing about that?
Never mind @demo. He's just a troll that wished Dash would implement his crazy ideas about wealth redistribution.
He actually wants to fork dash into his own coin, dash-justice. I would call it SJWcoin. If you are new to dash, I recommend you ignore him. If you really want to know what he's talking about, you can read it here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...ept-the-old-guard-confiscate-all-coins.10547/

@tungfa Now demo is spreading FUD to the newbies, isn't it going too far?

The community aspect is what really intrigues me. I am very involved in communities and I see that they will either make or break a coin. Just look at how Bitcoin is so divided right now. There's no structure, and for all that I've seen so far, pure decentralization doesn't work that well in human societies. It's confusing...I would love to have it work, but I don't think it does in reality. At least not in this time because humans are still not too evolved.

The community aspect is what really intrigues me. I am very involved in communities and I see that they will either make or break a coin. Just look at how Bitcoin is so divided right now. There's no structure, and for all that I've seen so far, pure decentralization doesn't work that well in human societies. It's confusing...I would love to have it work, but I don't think it does in reality. At least not in this time because humans are still not too evolved.

I agree . The community is the most important thing. And of course a community in order to survive in the future, it has to respect its future members.

Unfortunately Dash does not respect the future generations, and most of the Dash coins have been shared among the 2014-2016 generation (and will be shared forever among the 2014-2016 generation's biological descendants, relatives, friends and servants). This is a flaw inherited by bitcoin and satoshi himself. And as long as this flaw remains (it can be fixed with the help of the governance) Dash has no future.

Most of the Dash community members dont care at all on how the future dominant cryptocurrency may be. They see Dash as a quick rich scheme. They want to get profit from Dash and exchange it with fiat money just before the day Dash will stop increase its bubble value and will start collapsing. The bubble and the collapse is the common fate among all collectable fashion items and it happens when their fashion passes. A smart way to delay this inevitable end of fashion is to invest into advertising and into beautifull women and men which with their smiles and their misleading words can convince the naive.

Dash cannot escape the fate of the futile fashion as long as it remains a collectable item and it is not transformed (with the help of governance) into a real medium of exchange, into a real money that will be used and will be trusted both by the current and by the future generations.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm Sridhar Obilisetty from California, USA. I’m the President, CEO and Co-founder of mFino and Operating Partner at Primera Capital in USA. I’ve completed MSc Tech (Masters Degree) in Computer Science from BITS Pilani, India. I love to write & share about technology and mobile financing services such as mobile banking, mobile wallet, mobile money and etc.

Please let me know how does this forum work?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back