NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
Hi, a pleasure to join the forums,
I am OKtoshi, Lead developer for OK and ROKOS among others,
I believe in decentralization and empowerment of the users, and would be honored to integrate Dash into
The ROKOS flavors System, (OS for IoT devices with integrated fullnodes).
Will start a thread with a proposal for the community by tomorrow, as I just signed up and cant start one until my account is 1 day old.

Same way I love to support great projects and do cross collaborations, feel free to reach me anytime.
Welcome to Dash Nation, friend!

Reactions: OKtoshi

InTheWoods

Foundation Member
Oct 12, 2014
I believe in decentralization and empowerment of the users, and would be honored to integrate Dash into
Will start a thread with a proposal for the community by tomorrow, as I just signed up and cant start one until my account is 1 day old.

Same way I love to support great projects and do cross collaborations, feel free to reach me anytime.
Welcome OKtoshi! I'm Juicy, the guy who "dragged" you here.

I strongly believe a more geographically decentralized masternode network would be extremely beneficial for Dash in the long run. Integrating Dash into Rokos is one step in this direction.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Hello everyone.

I'm a curious soul been into cryptocurrencies since 2011. Programmer/Dev, most python, but also other languages.

Just got into DASH this month, and I have big expectations to this currency.

Feel free to send me a message.
Welcome
:D

Reactions: cryptovaluta

murtezx

Mar 4, 2016

we all welcome you

OKtoshi

Mar 12, 2016
Welcome OKtoshi! I'm Juicy, the guy who "dragged" you here.

I strongly believe a more geographically decentralized masternode network would be extremely beneficial for Dash in the long run. Integrating Dash into Rokos is one step in this direction.
Thank you Juicy, the goal for ROKOS is to "Decentralize Everything and Empower everyone", I'd be an honor to integrate Dash as a permanent base currency for ROKOS flavors releases. Tried to create the thread but it seems i still have to wait 24 hrs, I already answered the questions over the proposal, will create the thread and add it into the proposal description so they get linked and the community can get all the information about the OS. Thank you

timeless

Mar 18, 2016
Hello

New Dash owner just registered.

Been hodling some bitcoin for a few years now and did some script mining in the beginning but lost all interest in altcoins after the ton of scams, pump n dumps, etc...
But i recently found an old Litecoin wallet again that I forgot about and now I'm the proud owner of some Dash :)

Amanda from The Daily Decript got me interested in Dash and from what I've seen so far I'm quite impressed, a feeling I'm losing the more time I spend on r/bitcoin, r/btc, ...
Please help me with my cryptodepression lol

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
Welcome timeless ... the time spent here is definitely well invested :)
Get on digitalcash.slack.com as well you will lose your depresion for sure ;)

Welcome again in the community.

Reactions: timeless

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
Hello

New Dash owner just registered.

Been hodling some bitcoin for a few years now and did some script mining in the beginning but lost all interest in altcoins after the ton of scams, pump n dumps, etc...
But i recently found an old Litecoin wallet again that I forgot about and now I'm the proud owner of some Dash :)

Amanda from The Daily Decript got me interested in Dash and from what I've seen so far I'm quite impressed, a feeling I'm losing the more time I spend on r/bitcoin, r/btc, ...
Please help me with my cryptodepression lol
You will find your tranquility in Dash Nation...

Reactions: timeless

Elyobn

Apr 11, 2016
New Hampshire
Hi everyone. Love dash. Would love to see things like purse.io for dash. Also with instantx I'm sure lots of POS merchants would take dash over Bitcoin. Any exchanges that you can purchase dash with in the U.S without going through Bitcoin?

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
"A nation without borders, prejudice or disparity. A nation built on hope, optimism and progress. The Dash Nation."

Hello, to all new DASHers!

We're glad you joined Dash Nation!

Just the fact that you're here reading this represents the interest that is out there for a serious alternative to Bitcoin and other digital currencies. On behalf of all DASHers, I welcome you to the community, and look forward to your contributions to the development of this innovative coin.

Please take the time to browse around the forum, and use this thread to introduce yourself, and ask any questions you may have about DASH! If you have any special skills (particularly QT or C++), let us know! If you would like to tag a particular member for a response, you need to put an "@" in front of their name (Example : @tonythetiger) When you do this, you will see their name in blue when you post.

We look forward to hearing from you, and welcome any comments, concerns, and suggestions you may have. Remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked.....

Once again, welcome to Dash Nation!

First steps, safety when using Dash:

ok, I am newbie.
Safety is important.
I have followed instruction and d/l dash core, it says out of sync. what might that mean to me ?
Never-the-less, I did as instructed in another video, and put a password on it, and saved.
What is the difference between what I have done, and a qt wallet I may use ?
Should I have gotten the qt wallet ?
I saw no indication of any address, or how to get one, on the device I d/l'ded.
How would I fund this account I may have created from a friend with paypal ?
...my profile, all that crap not important... I'd fill it out if need be with appropriate puffery.
I do like the concept behind this proposition and would like to support it, yet I need entry level assistance. rc

Reactions: TaoOfSatoshi

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
"A nation without borders, prejudice or disparity. A nation built on hope, optimism and progress. The Dash Nation."

Hello, to all new DASHers!

We're glad you joined Dash Nation!

Just the fact that you're here reading this represents the interest that is out there for a serious alternative to Bitcoin and other digital currencies. On behalf of all DASHers, I welcome you to the community, and look forward to your contributions to the development of this innovative coin.

Please take the time to browse around the forum, and use this thread to introduce yourself, and ask any questions you may have about DASH! If you have any special skills (particularly QT or C++), let us know! If you would like to tag a particular member for a response, you need to put an "@" in front of their name (Example : @tonythetiger) When you do this, you will see their name in blue when you post.

We look forward to hearing from you, and welcome any comments, concerns, and suggestions you may have. Remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked.....

Once again, welcome to Dash Nation!

First steps, safety when using Dash:

ok, I am newbie.
Safety is important.
I have followed instruction and d/l dash core, it says out of sync. what might that mean to me ?
Never-the-less, I did as instructed in another video, and put a password on it, and saved.
What is the difference between what I have done, and a qt wallet I may use ?
Should I have gotten the qt wallet ?
I saw no indication of any address, or how to get one, on the device I d/l'ded.
How would I fund this account I may have created from a friend with paypal ?
...my profile, all that crap not important... I'd fill it out if need be with appropriate puffery.
I do like the concept behind this proposition and would like to support it, yet I need entry level assistance. rc

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
Hello. A question to start with: Is Dash built on the Bitcoin blockchain, or does it use it's own, and why?

I've been writing an editing about cryptocurrencies for about a year and a half (through Let's Talk Bitcoin, CoinTelegraph, and working with authors privately), and I haven't taken any real personal interest in altcoins until now. The more I learn about Dash, the more intrigued I am about the problems it solves compared to Bitcoin. I've begun to move some of my holdings into Dash, with the goal of getting up to masternode level.

Why have Bitcoin just sitting there, hoping its value will go up rather than down, when I can put dash to work passively earning more dash? So much about Dash (paid nodes, distributed governance, fungibility and privacy protection, transaction speed) seems like the way to go.

Cheryl
NY
I am newbie... a few weeks into study of crypto after stumbling across a presentation on ytube by amanda at daily decrypt. I was impressed with her sharing information. Seeing your description, dated a year ago, that you have been writing about crypto for the prior year, I would like to ask why you would come to DASH to work passively for a higher return ? Would it not be superior to actively make use of your DASH, and by this act, improve both the strength, and value of DASH and your holdings in same ?
I do not yet have a dog in this race. Let me show you why I like p2p... I want to be involved in DASH, described my interest to family, and asked for a little assistance from them... They were agreeable. Here's what happened:
"You have just been sent a payment by eCheck. You will receive the money in about 3-5 business days (estimated xx-xx-xx). We recommend that you wait until the money arrives before..."
Fascinating, isn't it !
Why, would digits move slower, bank to bank, than those within any fps game played online ? Even if a redundant transmission were to be sent for security ?
I believe they employ a lagtime to garner some small amount of interest, while the funds are in their possession, all the while with an intention of promulgating some sense of propriety and awe in the banking system as it exists in a corporate structure.
Decentralized P2P is a far superior method of interacting with others !
Actively making use of crypto is what will make it stronger.
I do have plan...

May I ask ?
What have you learned in the last year since you made your post ?

Best
rc

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
i do a lot on localbitcoin and never meet in person.

be very careful face to face !!
You never know who you will meet.
Bring your 2 big brothers just in case for sure !
Yep. Herein lies the problem. The gateway... Cash deals on a city corner, under the street lamp could be perilous, and in the least, circumspect by enforcement types who frequently make the headlines when seizing cash ! There will most likely always be an impediment or resistance when exchanging fiat for crypto. Pretty much, it is the epitomy of a system being overthrown. Out with the old and in with the new. P2P will be effortless, with cudoes to the originator and devs, along with those who operate nodes, for which they should be gratified.
Best
rc

Reactions: tungfa

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
Hello everyone! Checking in from Seattle, Washington, USA!
I like your avatar ! Reminds me of a cap I once wore, when working at a used car lot. It said, We're #3, We don't try at all !
...Which I wore daily, in hopes to dispell fear of hi-pressure sales technique.
(it's Not needed... profit in used autos is made when purchasing the vehicle. It is, what it is.)
:) rc

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
Hi guys...I've been involved in crypto-currencies for only three months, starting with bitcoin and now DASH. I'm an artist (watercolorist) and travel around the western US in an RV, painting the beauty of our planet.

I'm impressed with the many great aspects of DASH, having watched some of Evan Duffield's interviews and the DASH video series on YouTube. Looking forward to learning more by being on this forum.

Thanks!
Excellent !
You will make DASH stronger by exchanging what you create for DASH.
IMO, (and I am newbie), This is point of origin validation of mining effort... actually, superior to expenditure on hardware and power to cryptically hash.
...get a 2nd opinion on anything I say..
Best rc

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
AnarchoFrigidity

Ideally others will be inspired to follow the same bottom up decentralized model. Dash should inspire others to follow especially since this model already proved to be successful. Many have yet to notice it though.

Sending coins is a scary process which is why Evan and the dev team is trying to make it more accessible to a larger audience. The upcoming Evolution update will introduce aliases, which means you will be able to send coins to an alias like AnarchoFrigidity instead of some xfdsd3e432faxdasndao342342342342332dfa address. It will also contain an encrypted chat and a friend list plus a set of other cool features.

YES ! It's beyond 'ideally', it is critical to the model that others participate. Use of DASH encourages others to take notice.
< I > do not care for any reference to anarchy, or state of... chaos is bad. The only hope during that struggle is that order come out of it.
And many thanks to Evan and devs, along with MN folks for their efforts in P2P. This is what we need, without being bled dry along the way.
Inevitably, the matter of governance is a significant recurring point through Evan's presentations. Best rc

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
Newbies welcoming newbies, I love it! Cheers, murtezx! :D
Yah... WE Need this ! To create community.
I take strong exception to the rand presentation of galt egocentric horse droppings.
Only through community shall mankind progress to any better status.
P2P is an excellent step towards idyllic interaction.
Best rc

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
I did it !

I am newbie... it's important to know what's going on around me !
it took a few days to blast through 32 pages of the general/intro thread ! lol
Obviously I really need to learn, and I'd certainly like to... now to chip away at the rest of the knowledge base contained here on DASHtalk.
Best rc

TheDashGuy

Dec 16, 2015
I did it !

I am newbie... it's important to know what's going on around me !
it took a few days to blast through 32 pages of the general/intro thread ! lol
Obviously I really need to learn, and I'd certainly like to... now to chip away at the rest of the knowledge base contained here on DASHtalk.
Best rc
Come join us in slack! We chat 24/7 about Dash (and other stuff)!

https://digitalcash.signup.team/

Reactions: rustycase
Status
Not open for further replies.