• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New DRK website

Looking very good! I was tinkering with redoing the website last week and this is definitely heading in the same direction I was thinking of going with it.

A few suggestions:
1) Instead of gray, make the nav and footer bars the light blue that's used in the logo.
2) It looks like there's at least 3 shades of blue being used. I think it would look better if they were the same shade to keep it consistent.
3) I'm not so sure about the background images on the front page. They seem to clash and contrast too much with the light, minimalist design that the rest of the site is following. Possibly a graphic instead of a photo like the icons used at the bottom or on the "Get Started" page, or at least lighter photos.
4) Minor nitpicks: Some of the icons on the bottom of the main page don't look like they're centered in the circles.

Keep up the good work!

Looking very good! I was tinkering with redoing the website last week and this is definitely heading in the same direction I was thinking of going with it.

A few suggestions:
1) Instead of gray, make the nav and footer bars the light blue that's used in the logo.
2) It looks like there's at least 3 shades of blue being used. I think it would look better if they were the same shade to keep it consistent.
3) I'm not so sure about the background images on the front page. They seem to clash and contrast too much with the light, minimalist design that the rest of the site is following. Possibly a graphic instead of a photo like the icons used at the bottom or on the "Get Started" page, or at least lighter photos.
4) Minor nitpicks: Some of the icons on the bottom of the main page don't look like they're centered in the circles.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man. Would be happy to take on some help if you have ideas for more content. In reply to your points...

1. I thought grey would be best otherwise there's a bit too much blue. I tried it out but seemed a bit distracting. Happy to put the blue in so everyone can see if consensus is it should change (sidenote: do you know the hex colour used for the logo?)
2. Again I can give that a try but it seemed a bit boring with just one blue across the whole site.
3. I had block colours for the home page slider at first but they didn't go down well so I went for blurred out images. Maybe I'll try some lighter blurred images - see if that works better?
4. They look centred to me but maybe my eyes are crooked!

I think it's looking great, but I too think blue lettering in the grey field on top might be better, or blue with white? Also, transactions aren't free, but they're pretty cheap, almost free (fraction of a cent) :)

Light blue: #3398cc
Dark gray: #333333

This is one thing I don't fully understand. I thought the blue that was used in the poll was as a guide only and the final blue would be decided on later. With LimLims stepping down the process pretty much came to a stop. I quite like the blue, but it is different from the blues used Enwell's coin (which I also like) which looks like it will be used in the website. Which colour scheme are we working with here?

This is one thing I don't fully understand. I thought the blue that was used in the poll was as a guide only and the final blue would be decided on later. With LimLims stepping down the process pretty much came to a stop. I quite like the blue, but it is different from the blues used Enwell's coin (which I also like) which looks like it will be used in the website. Which colour scheme are we working with here?
I think the original plan was to just use the blue that was used in the poll, but since some people didn't like that shade, it was decided to offer another poll to determine the specific shade, but LimLims stepped down before it happened. Personally, I'd say stick with the original blue used in the poll. It's the one the devs have started using and I think it would probably win the poll anyway.

Regardless, I think it's important that an official color scheme is chosen ASAP and used consistently across all platforms. The branding needs to be consolidated and pushed out to all official and third-party services. As it stands now, there's still a few different versions of the logo and color scheme being used on different websites.

Looking a lot cleaner imo!

Nitpicks:
-The mouseover menus that appear under team, resources, etc. are not all centered under their respective header. This could be a browser issue though? Using latest Chrome here.
-The twitter/facebook/g+ icons are a bit lost I think. Did you see what they look like if you just make them white? Or something in between so the mouseover can still be white?

Really liking it :)

Regardless, I think it's important that an official color scheme is chosen ASAP and used consistently across all platforms. The branding needs to be consolidated and pushed out to all official and third-party services. As it stands now, there's still a few different versions of the logo and color scheme being used on different websites.

This x 1000. If something was locked in stone, work could begin.

photo-thumb-12002.png
I honestly think the symbol is more important then the color. The color can be changed, but a symbol represents something eternal.

Last edited by a moderator:
slider1.jpg

This doesn't look good.

Edit: you changed it. This looks very good. Nice work.

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's all subjective unless there's something wrong with it. re colour scheme - I think it's probably only something Evan can rule on in the end.
I'd have to agree with Propulsion. I'm not really a fan of the background either. I'm still of the opinion that it should be lighter rather than darker to better coordinate with the rest of the website.
One minor suggestion: invert the colors of the logo so that "DARK" is gray and the rest is white.

That's all I can come up with right now. I think it's pretty close to perfect. Looks great!

I'd have to agree with Propulsion. I'm not really a fan of the background either. I'm still of the opinion that it should be lighter rather than darker to better coordinate with the rest of the website.
One minor suggestion: invert the colors of the logo so that "DARK" is gray and the rest is white.

That's all I can come up with right now. I think it's pretty close to perfect. Looks great!

I get what you mean about the image. Could you maybe find a better one for me to use, something lighter?

I'm not sure what you mean about the logo. Shouldn't DARK be the part that stands out (ie white) as that's the part of the name that's different - DARKcoin v BITcoin. That's my thinking anyway.

Thanks again for the help!

I get what you mean about the image. Could you maybe find a better one for me to use, something lighter?

I'm not sure what you mean about the logo. Shouldn't DARK be the part that stands out (ie white) as that's the part of the name that's different - DARKcoin v BITcoin. That's my thinking anyway.

Thanks again for the help!

Maybe just a solid color would work better, the problem is that the image is busy and it makes the text kind of hard to see. I know that picture was one of the ones I suggested, but I guess I agree with Propulsion, it just doesn't looks right. The globe one on the second slide looks great, we need to find another image like that which is not so busy looking.

Maybe just a solid color would work better, the problem is that the image is busy and it makes the text kind of hard to see. I know that picture was one of the ones I suggested, but I guess I agree with Propulsion, it just doesn't looks right. The globe one on the second slide looks great, we need to find another image like that which is not so busy looking.

How's this?

oCLEyH5.jpg

I think it looks great, text is very easy to read. The background image is still not perfect IMO, but whatever - it is 1000x better than what the website currently looks like, let's try to launch ASAP.

The link on the Get Started page ( http://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html) to download the "Dark accepted here" banner redirects back to the get started page:
http://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html#
I've tried this on multiple platforms with the same result.

I've been a supporter of DRK since early February, I'm so happy to see the website getting a makeover. Keep up the awesome work :cool:

Edit: A link to the linux qt binary is missing as well (perhaps this is deliberate for now?) http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoin-qt

Back