New DRK website

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Feb 26, 2014
Dash Address
XerHCGryyfZttUc6mnuRY3FNJzU1Jm9u5L

This doesn't look good.

Edit: you changed it. This looks very good. Nice work.

Last edited by a moderator:

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
I don't see anything wrong with it. It's all subjective unless there's something wrong with it. re colour scheme - I think it's probably only something Evan can rule on in the end.
I'd have to agree with Propulsion. I'm not really a fan of the background either. I'm still of the opinion that it should be lighter rather than darker to better coordinate with the rest of the website.
One minor suggestion: invert the colors of the logo so that "DARK" is gray and the rest is white.

That's all I can come up with right now. I think it's pretty close to perfect. Looks great!

mannie

Apr 18, 2014
I'd have to agree with Propulsion. I'm not really a fan of the background either. I'm still of the opinion that it should be lighter rather than darker to better coordinate with the rest of the website.
One minor suggestion: invert the colors of the logo so that "DARK" is gray and the rest is white.

That's all I can come up with right now. I think it's pretty close to perfect. Looks great!
I get what you mean about the image. Could you maybe find a better one for me to use, something lighter?

I'm not sure what you mean about the logo. Shouldn't DARK be the part that stands out (ie white) as that's the part of the name that's different - DARKcoin v BITcoin. That's my thinking anyway.

Thanks again for the help!

Simcom

Apr 3, 2014
I get what you mean about the image. Could you maybe find a better one for me to use, something lighter?

I'm not sure what you mean about the logo. Shouldn't DARK be the part that stands out (ie white) as that's the part of the name that's different - DARKcoin v BITcoin. That's my thinking anyway.

Thanks again for the help!
Maybe just a solid color would work better, the problem is that the image is busy and it makes the text kind of hard to see. I know that picture was one of the ones I suggested, but I guess I agree with Propulsion, it just doesn't looks right. The globe one on the second slide looks great, we need to find another image like that which is not so busy looking.

mannie

Apr 18, 2014
Maybe just a solid color would work better, the problem is that the image is busy and it makes the text kind of hard to see. I know that picture was one of the ones I suggested, but I guess I agree with Propulsion, it just doesn't looks right. The globe one on the second slide looks great, we need to find another image like that which is not so busy looking.
How's this?

Simcom

Apr 3, 2014
I think it looks great, text is very easy to read. The background image is still not perfect IMO, but whatever - it is 1000x better than what the website currently looks like, let's try to launch ASAP.

May 10, 2014
The link on the Get Started page ( http://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html) to download the "Dark accepted here" banner redirects back to the get started page:
http://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html#
I've tried this on multiple platforms with the same result.

I've been a supporter of DRK since early February, I'm so happy to see the website getting a makeover. Keep up the awesome work :cool:

Edit: A link to the linux qt binary is missing as well (perhaps this is deliberate for now?) http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoin-qt

Last edited by a moderator: