• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New DRK website

mannie

Hi all,

I've adapted a HTML theme for a new Darkcoin website. It's not designed to be permanent but just a temp one for now to replace the current website. I've also rewritten copy from a previous attempt at a new website. Would appreciate comments on design, text, errors (note: most links aren't working yet). If anyone would like to write content for the gaps (mining, masternodes, etc) that would be great. It's all over my head!

Also, does anyone have a PNG of the best logo to use. Someone posted one on bitcointalk.org but I can't find it now...

http://darkcoinsample.hostoi.com

LVNK6qJ.png

Getting better by the day !! Nice going dude!!

Quick question, who's handling the bounties?

Everything seems damn smooth and flows like a dream under OSx 10.9 Safari, Firefox and Chrome!

Getting better buy the day !! Nice going dude!!

Quick question, who's handling the bounties?

Everything seems damn smooth and flows like a dream under OSx 10.9 Safari, Firefox and Chrome!
Hurray for HTML5 (right?)
Thanks! I think Evan is handling bounties now but could be wrong

Mannie, did you grab the existing written copy from Evan? We had someone who wrote quite a bit and it's not all up on the darkcoin.us/io site. If you want I can share the docs with you (PM me your email addy).

I think it looks amazing, in an attempt to be helpful, here are my suggestions:
1) the darkcoin logo at the top left doesn't look right. I think it would look better using this one: http://www.darkcoin.io/img/logo-trans.png without the big D on top of course
2) I like the blue, but I'm not a fan of the orange and pink that swoosh by
3) I would emphasize that Darkcoin is the ONLY decentralized 100% anonymous currency, as this is really what sets it apart from zerocoin and darkwallet.
4) When you hover over "Home", "About" etc, the menu appears way lower than I would expect it to - doesn't look right.

Great job man!

Looking really great! I do think there may be a bit too much grey though, grey text on a grey background is pushing it imo. But that's just my opinion of course :)

The side arrow navigation is a little wonky, it kinda goes back and forth in a weird way. Minor stuff!

Good point about the grey. Do you think the background should be white or whiteish and maybe the body text darker?

Not sure what you mean about the side arrow nav. Could you elaborate?

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I've taken in suggestions and gone for blurred images instead of block colours on index page. Could you take a look at the updated version?

http://darkcoinsample.hostoi.com/

o2F3gik.jpg
It's looking good! I think in the image with the people on the stairs the white text is a little difficult to read in places.

I posted a link to SVGs of the logo on bitcointalk, but here they are if anyone else is interested:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!lJAiSBDJ!BSeb2wWOfpZcPMOmURFAxw

Good point about the grey. Do you think the background should be white or whiteish and maybe the body text darker?

Not sure what you mean about the side arrow nav. Could you elaborate?

Thanks!
Just needs a bit more contrast. White on grey is fine, or darker text on white is good too. It's hard to say without seeing it in action which would be better.

About the arrows - it's just that you can keep clicking the same direction and it goes back and forth, but it doesn't always go the SAME direction. Uhh I feel like this is hard to put into words. Instead of just looping if I click the right arrow over and over the pictures just move left/right. Does that make sense?

Just needs a bit more contrast. White on grey is fine, or darker text on white is good too. It's hard to say without seeing it in action which would be better.

About the arrows - it's just that you can keep clicking the same direction and it goes back and forth, but it doesn't always go the SAME direction. Uhh I feel like this is hard to put into words. Instead of just looping if I click the right arrow over and over the pictures just move left/right. Does that make sense?

Changed background to white. Does that make it better or still need to change text darker?

I see what you mean about the direction. They're set up to swipe in one direction and I'm not sure how to change to respond to the arrow direction. Might be in the too hard basket for right now but will come back to it!

One little thing I noticed right away because I am on my laptop with a small screen. The darkcoin logo at the top left is a bit too far to the left, it kind of hangs out over there all the way to the left, looks out of place. I will browse around a bit and try to think of other suggestions. It looks very good.

Changed background to white. Does that make it better or still need to change text darker?

I see what you mean about the direction. They're set up to swipe in one direction and I'm not sure how to change to respond to the arrow direction. Might be in the too hard basket for right now but will come back to it!

The only contrast issues sticking out to me are the grey bars on top and bottom. Mmm I'm not sure, the grey text (and facebook/twitter/g+ images) looks "too" grey. To me it looks like they are greyed out because there's nothing there, like they aren't real links. They are of course so I think they could stand out more. I like that they change when you mouseover but they aren't "inviting" looking to me. Have you tried just making them white?

Anyways I'm just a random guy with his own opinion and I'm sure others have different ideas about what looks best :).

One little thing I noticed right away because I am on my laptop with a small screen. The darkcoin logo at the top left is a bit too far to the left, it kind of hangs out over there all the way to the left, looks out of place. I will browse around a bit and try to think of other suggestions. It looks very good.

Excellent. Thanks Simcom. Re logo I think it's nice if it's spaced out a bit but that's just a personal opinion. If you resize the window, the logo shuffles over towards the nav items in the bootstrap fashion.

The only contrast issues sticking out to me are the grey bars on top and bottom. Mmm I'm not sure, the grey text (and facebook/twitter/g+ images) looks "too" grey. To me it looks like they are greyed out because there's nothing there, like they aren't real links. They are of course so I think they could stand out more. I like that they change when you mouseover but they aren't "inviting" looking to me. Have you tried just making them white?

Anyways I'm just a random guy with his own opinion and I'm sure others have different ideas about what looks best :).

Thanks for following up. I see what you mean. My thoughts on having them grey is so not everything on the page is screaming out for attention - only the important content in the body section of each page. I'll see if I can tweak them to get a happy medium between blending in and not disappearing.

Back