• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Missing DRK from http://www.drkpool.com/

Ouch, that doesn't sound good at all. Because the balance decreased there's two plausible explanations. Either the balance was partially unconfirmed and the blocks associated with the unconfirmed portion were orphaned. Or, there's been a database rollback to a point where the funds were not attributed to your account.
To answer your question -- even though I don't believe this is the case of drkpool.com -- yes, a pool's funds are typically stored in a single or small amount of wallets, any pool operator with access to the wallet could take your DRK. This is why it's vitally important to mine at a pool that you have established trust in. Trust in the pool, the operator, and their standard operating procedures.

Are you suggesting drkpool.com are not trustworthy? How do I establish trust? Thousands of people mine via drkpool.com, last time I checked it was the "official pool", no?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had some drk stolen. I had .70 for a few weeks, then yesterday that balance was down to .58. No transactions were logged.

Same situation here. No records in transactions. Coins were taken twice (small amounts like 0.1 - 0.2, however I noticed it because of my low hashrate) from "confirmed" balance. Last "takeaway" was in latest few days. Contact form - no answer so far (two messages within few weeks). This is ridiculous.

Moreover in 2nd message I warn about XSS in API callback I've discovered recently in MPOS (pool was vulnerable since "big update"). Today after I realized coins are missing (again) I want to use that API to monitor my balance and make stats by myself. But guess what, API is off. Coincidence?

There is something obviously wrong with "official pool" and/or people behind it.

Idem
support mail and no answer.
2nd time in 3/4 weeks....merde!
Have also a ridiculous mining ring so 1 drk is so long....when you got it, you happy. When you lose 3....putain merde quoi!
It's more embarassing by the official pool reference.
I prefer to know stolen by hacker than webmaster...but with no answer...it suspect
So, I suggest you remove the official reference for all other drk I have on my wallet and also for you focus on the roadmap =).

French!

Hi, I got the email about coins auto paid to wallet thing but I had not setup a wallet yet so it was NULL

and it wouldn't let me select the address given at bottom to change wallet

Thanks

Ok I got 2nd email with full link to change wallet for coins to be sent to but I entered NULL for the old wallet address because I had never put my wallet address on my account. Will I still get my coins?

Well, on my account I have 10.37 DRK confirmed and 0.12 unconfirmed, how to get them back?! Now the site and pool is down, what should I do?

Hi so I got the 2 emails about final drkpool coin payouts but I have a problem/question. I had never assigned an wallet address to my drkpool account so in the first email it was referred to as NULL. In the 2nd email i clicked that full link on google docs to change old wallet to new wallet for final coin payout and for old wallet I put NULL. was that the correct thing to do?

the admins are working on it, please have patience they have like 16000 accounts to go through

So can anybody official elaborate what actually happened here? Doesn't really shine a good light on the coin when the official pool goes bankrupt and down :)

God Job, comrads!!! All my earned coins I've recieved!! Great thx!!
P.S. to increase exchange rate may be to use coin in Android, iOS and PC games as internal currency?!

So can anybody official elaborate what actually happened here? Doesn't really shine a good light on the coin when the official pool goes bankrupt and down :)
The official pool didn’t go bankrupt and down. Because of the theft issue Evan realized that in order to properly manage and maintain the pool he would have to dedicate more time to it, and this is valuable development time, we need him coding RC4. So he decided to close it down, at the beginning it played an important role and was necessary now his time is more valuable elsewhere is just a matter of priorities.

The official pool didn’t go bankrupt and down. Because of the theft issue Evan realized that in order to properly manage and maintain the pool he would have to dedicate more time to it, and this is valuable development time, we need him coding RC4. So he decided to close it down, at the beginning it played an important role and was necessary now his time is more valuable elsewhere is just a matter of priorities.
Thanks for the answer! It seemed like quite the arbitrary thing and no official answer was given here on the forum but I saw the Reddit afterwards and it explained a lot.

Back