• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode Payment Testing - Now vs Later?

I'm with MOOCOWMOO ! !
Have everyone update again, and enable enforcement on Friday. Let's shake out the bugs one layer at a time.

Fix an issue - update:)

edit: just seen Evans statement :-D

I WILL UPDATE AFTER WORK!!!! tonight :-D

I just love fixes :-D
(sorry moli you lose :-* kisses)

As much as I would rather leave well enough alone for a while.... doing things one layer at a time does make sense.

The more I think about it the more I'm advising you to wait.

How about Splawik/Moli/Tungfa/Tao and I work on a communication pack over the next couple of days and pre-warn Pool Operators, Exchanges, Masternode Operators and regular users?

We can still do things in stages, however it might be better to pro-actively communicate this first.

The more I think about it the more I'm advising you to wait.

How about Splawik/Moli/Tungfa/Tao and I work on a communication pack over the next couple of days and pre-warn Pool Operators, Exchanges, Masternode Operators and regular users?

We can still do things in stages, however it might be better to pro-actively communicate this first.
It's ok, we'll just update and enforce on Friday. I'm with the "pool friendly reminder" with splawik21 and oblox and we're going to email them. We'll be okay. :)

And yes please do whatever you can help to get this going. That will be great! Thank you :)

Edit: splawik21 said Evan will send out mass emails also.

yeah one layer at a time makes sense! maybe let people update and wait 2 or 3 weeks instead of enforcing friday. This way pools got more time and you can concentrate on instantx and got a stable base when its finished

Actually if you give the usual suspects (yes, that's YOU, niceass) 1 year time until enforcement they'll update exactly after 365 days.
366 if it happens to be a leap year.

Enforcement NOW so we'll get that sorted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to update as often as required. We are still in bug fixing and very close to a stable platform.

As previously said lets layer fixes one at a time to limit troubleshooting complications later on. InstantX is such a large update I would rather have everything else perfect before we attempt it :)

voting done ? (sorry just woke up)

I trust in evan (as always)
you know best how to handle this ! it is great that you involfe us in the voting, but I belive you know best how the code will react between IT and enforcement , fork here and fork there !
development takes time and we are doing the right thing, ether way !

MN payment enforcement is important as we want/ need more MN's and we promise 20% return, so we gotta deliver as MN investors want to see that return !

IT has caught a bit of hype there but it can wait if it has to !

We did so many updates (which only show how much work is done in a good way) so if there has to be more, so be it !

sorry, am on my 2nd coffee and started rambling there a bit ...>

To add to the crowd, enforcement ASAP I think was the better of the choices. Would hate to have the fanfare of Instantx be clouded by forking issues or other technical problems. MN's updated!

Late to the party, but I say update/enforce again - once more isnt going to kill anyone at this point.

What is the maximum number of master nodes that can be ever registered at the same time? I was wondering if it is capped in a specific amount.

What is the maximum number of master nodes that can be ever registered at the same time? I was wondering if it is capped in a specific amount.

There is no limit beyond the amount of Dash currently in circulation. Each mamsternode must prove control of 1000 Dash, so the coin supply puts an upper limit on the number of masternodes.

Back