• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode missed payment

Why did you restart? Do you think you got payment because of that?

My second masternode had no payments yet, so I decided to reinstall it. It worked under send-many command and after last update I moved it to dedicated wallet, but I copied datadir instead of downloading it from peers. Also, I used the same privkey and didn't create zero-address. So, maybe reinstallation will help. I'll post about results later

Reactions: jpr
How can we understand, that node restart occurs?

P.S. One my MN gets payments correctly and second doesn't get payments at all after the latest update. Why developers ignore this problem???
We don't. But we simply can't fix everything overnight. We are moving to new code base now and fixing things at the same time.
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/wallet-unlock-bug.3206/#post-33253

Reference node is a temporary solution anyway and actually it works good (in general). But to make things work at 100% we need to implement a bulletproof way to keep network consensus without this node and that's not a trivial problem. One mistake there could cause huge troubles incomparable to few days of missed payments.

...network nodes failed to agree on a common ledger, essentially creating twin transaction histories that the development team later corrected over a period of several hours. This process resulted in the loss of customer funds on at least one exchange...
...In the meantime, the Stellar transaction network will run on a single verifying node in order to avoid similar problems while the new protocol is being developed...
...A new white paper featuring the proposed consensus protocol, as well as its code are expected to be released in the next few months, she continued....
https://www.coindesk.com/stability-questions-dog-ripple-protocol-stellar-fork/

Btw my MN missed payment for ~5 days too... I just let it run and it got payment finally. So we are all in the same boat :wink:

PS.
So, I'm very happy, because now I've got payment at my completely restarted node after about 1700 blocks.
Congrats! :smile:

UdjinM6, thanks for the answer. I simply wanted to pay attention on this problem and get declaration that problem exists, because there was no answer and some users told that there's nothing to fix. Thanks for the job you do.

UdjinM6, thanks for the answer. I simply wanted to pay attention on this problem and get declaration that problem exists, because there was no answer and some users told that there's nothing to fix. Thanks for the job you do.
He acknowledged it 10 days ago in this thread...

Ok this shit is weird. I was not happy about nearly 4 days without a payment so I restarted my node about an hour ago. 10 min ago I got paid.

I hope version 0.11.xx will be much better for both Masternodes and Darksend. Can't wait to test it.

How long after starting a node for the first time should I be expecting a payment? been 2 days 10h

I restarted mine on a new wallet address when 1350 mn were active got first award after ~1800 blocks took about 2 days

4160 blocks without payment. Maybe this Masternode only accepts cheques?

Edit: after 4419 blocks the cheque finally arrived. New world record...

New record: another one of my Masternodes is at 6368 blocks without payments and still counting.

My conspired theory is that Evan always waits until this one _would_ get payed and restarts the reference node shortly before it.

I'll call this one "Murphy's Node" :smile:

New record: another one of my Masternodes is at 6368 blocks without payments and still counting.

My conspired theory is that Evan always waits until this one _would_ get payed and restarts the reference node shortly before it.

I'll call this one "Murphy's Node" :smile:
There were some problems with reference node:
I've just discovered a bug that was only activated after 1000 masternodes were reached. The result is increased variance between payments the more masternodes we get. It's very simply to fix and I'll patch the reference node right away. It'll take a couple days for it to take effect, then we should have pretty even payments again (like after we launched).
Enforcement was off for a bit while I updated the reference node, you should start receiving payments like clockwork again soon.

UPD 08/01. Looks like we haven't any problems with missed payments now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back