• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode error: [error] Could not drop tables: database is locked

Pietro Speroni

Hello, it is a few days that my masternode keep dropping off the list. The first time I had to restart it. The next ones the I could not understood what the problem was since it seemed to be running ok. It was synced, and sentinel did not show any problem. Eventually I discovered in the sentinel log this final message:

[error] Could not drop tables: database is locked​

But when we install the masternode I don't remember that we are given any control over a DB (like when you install a wordpress, for example). So I am lost as to what I should do to make sure the masternode has all the permissions it need (to operate on the DB and in particular to drop tables).

What should I do? (Right now this masternode has been going on without a payment for 13 days. If we could fix the situation without going back to the beginning of the queue I would appreciate.)

Many thanks.

Actually When I run sentinel I get an error. Not sure why I did not notice before:
[Pietro@vultr sentinel]$ venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "bin/sentinel.py", line 244, in <module>

main()

File "bin/sentinel.py", line 191, in main

perform_dashd_object_sync(dashd)

File "bin/sentinel.py", line 24, in perform_dashd_object_sync

GovernanceObject.sync(dashd)

File "lib/models.py", line 87, in sync

(go, subobj) = self.import_gobject_from_dashd(dashd, item)

File "lib/models.py", line 142, in import_gobject_from_dashd

subobj, created = subclass.get_or_create(object_hash=object_hash, defaults=subdikt)

File "/home/Pietro/.dashcore/sentinel/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/peewee.py", line 4800, in get_or_create

return query.get(), False

File "/home/Pietro/.dashcore/sentinel/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/peewee.py", line 3090, in get

return next(clone.execute())

File "/home/Pietro/.dashcore/sentinel/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/peewee.py", line 2267, in next

obj = self.iterate()

File "/home/Pietro/.dashcore/sentinel/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/peewee.py", line 2253, in iterate

return self.process_row(row)

File "/home/Pietro/.dashcore/sentinel/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/peewee.py", line 2331, in process_row

setattr(instance, column, func(row))

File "/home/Pietro/.dashcore/sentinel/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/peewee.py", line 1072, in python_value

return decimal.Decimal(str(value))

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/decimal.py", line 548, in __new__

"Invalid literal for Decimal: %r" % value)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/decimal.py", line 3872, in _raise_error

raise error(explanation)

decimal.InvalidOperation: Invalid literal for Decimal: '47,5'

Last edited:
Back