• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Logo discussion

J1oVw6V.jpg
Love the shield and lock idea. Ditch the common circle. When people see the shield at a glance they'll recognize it. only suggestion I have is the color scheme. Blue on dark blue kind of doesn't complement each other and doesn't pop. I like the original colors of blue and silver or blue and gold. Could we see some different color combos? Great work by the way. Super creative and clean.

Man this is definitly my favorite concept so far in my thread. Simple, good looking, and gets across the point of darkcoin pretty well. However, im not sold on the color scheme. Try adding colors that are a bit brighter, and have the colors be more contrasting, because right now its a bit muddy and does not pop enough.
Maybe you should also try adding an outline to the shield.

Seems like everyone is keen for Raze's design. I'm going to keep adding a few anyway. The last one I added was pretty quick and I think is maybe a bit congested, so I simplified a bit and applied the same design to the key. I've also provided a non-circular design.
1919906986e1210439ec48c6f4d037e99ef6fcbd.png
191990686bf433c77a9b27414a05c4840dca56b5.png

191990673d4a5e4cbfc3e44f68d0514de2ddc715.png
19199066dc5cdb9f5dc8a3e8d056f1182b89714a.png

I thought on the keys for a moment and what comes to my mind is that a key opens things and we want the opposite.

I agree. A key does not make a great deal of sense to me as a logo for DRK. I am also curious as to why people seem to prefer a shield to a lock? Or the shield-lock design? What does a shield tell you about DRK that a lock does not?

The lock to me says private. The shield represents protection. It hits the nail on the head. I personally like the color gold or silver to denote money or value as well.

only suggestion I have is the color scheme. Blue on dark blue kind of doesn't complement each other and doesn't pop. I like the original colors of blue and silver or blue and gold. Could we see some different color combos? Great work by the way. Super creative and clean.
OWBVjvr.jpg
yPdrP5g.jpg

View attachment 24
Ok last one since everyone seems to like the shield idea.
I actually like this shield better. More English the others remind me more of Viking. But whatever I'm nitpicking. This one has a bit too much going on. Not as streamlined and simplistic. I like the simplest possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raze I really like the blue and gold. Can you make the gold more bright? Less mustard? And the "coin" in the same blue as the shield. So there's only two colors. To be honest your design is the best I've seen so far by a lot.

Maybe Raze the Colors could be reversed. The "DARK" could be blue and the "COIN" gold. That might make more sense. This should get posted @bitcointalk too so more heads can input. Great job dude. I think you should get the bounty instead.

I agree. A key does not make a great deal of sense to me as a logo for DRK. I am also curious as to why people seem to prefer a shield to a lock? Or the shield-lock design? What does a shield tell you about DRK that a lock does not?
It represents protection

Love the blue and gold, it's different.
godzirra has a good point too, would love to see the colors opposite :) dang, you guys are honing it down!

What do you think LimLims?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Raze the Colors could be reversed. The "DARK" could be blue and the "COIN" gold. That might make more sense. This should get posted @bitcointalk too so more heads can input. Great job dude. I think you should get the bounty instead.
Thanks. I'm just trying to throw ideas out there. Not really concerned about winning the bounty. I'm curious to see the designcrowd results.
oRMblzH.jpg

Thanks. I'm just trying to throw ideas out there. Not really concerned about winning the bounty. I'm curious to see the designcrowd results.
oRMblzH.jpg
Hey Raze what if you moved the D over to the left a little into the other side of the shield so the middle line of the shield lines up with the inside straight line of the D. I'd attempt it myself but don't have the skills. :(

Back