• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Logo discussion

Well, you all have been workin' while I was gone!
The shield thing is kind of interesting. Although it also symbolizes battle and fighting. (?)
I've been going more for the hint of a wave and came up with something I like.
Been trying to stick with the blues of the previous logo. And then decided to try the tacky "candied" version. Never had done that before so I had to look it up and, maybe unfortunately, I kind of like what it did. I'd have to reverse engineer the altered colors, but I kind of like the purple tint and the "warmth of the hearthfire glowing from behind the window shade" thing...

Attachments

• DrkLg2v4_7r.gif
    DrkLg2v4_7r.gif
    76.6 KB · Views: 169
Color_Emotion_Guide22.png

As far as colors go I think blue is a good choice. I personally like the dark blue but for the masses a lighter shade of blue is the clear marketing winner. I'm trying to think how we can live down the negative connotation a bit. Firefox with the blue and gold/orange really pops for me.

There are many different designs for shields too. A more modern variation might be better.

A play on the letters DC could be cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shield thing is kind of interesting. Although it also symbolizes battle and fighting. (?)
Been trying to stick with the blues of the previous logo. And then decided to try the tacky "candied" version. Never had done that before so I had to look it up and, maybe unfortunately, I kind of like what it did. I'd have to reverse engineer the altered colors, but I kind of like the purple tint and the "warmth of the hearthfire glowing from behind the window shade" thing...

I like your underlying idea... But this really reminds me of a radio antenna transmitting...

It's really a lot of fun checking all these ideas out side by side...

It seems like the lower case logos have all looked better than the upper case, no matter the design. Anyone else think that? Or the opposite?

68 submissions so far, although several of those are variations on previous submissions. Around 4 days 'til deadline.

Some of them are along the same lines as these ones we're generating here. E.g.:

lW7mRFj.png
Cool stuff. I gotta say the red and yellow make me hungry for some reason. I like the clean lines of the shield. Super simple. But the slash in the D reminds me of a drugstore. Why is that there again?

Love it :). The Dark Gravity Wave silently moving through the crypto universe.

It's really a lot of fun checking all these ideas out side by side...

It seems like the lower case logos have all looked better than the upper case, no matter the design. Anyone else think that? Or the opposite?
Yah, but I'm getting dizzy! Is there such thing as too much of a good thing? I'm not going to try and choose, this is way too hard! LOL

I have modified my safe logo again. godzirra asked about the slash in the D. As far as I know, the reason is because it is an existing symbol which can be found in some fonts, I don't know which languages/countries it's used in though. I think the idea of using an existing symbol is a good one. Here is a post by LimLims with some more possibilities: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5888914#msg5888914. Previously I was focusing my efforts on the ᗫ symbol but with my latest modifications I've decided to use the existing symbol and have included a couple of other versions of the logo.

logo
19203817c434957d6007344b37557a3140cdb1d4.png

logo with text
192038166062df03a55d53513cba03d3b74ee64d.png

favicon
1920381564069f08c5fedd52769c76d61e0b3341.png

logo with text and QR code
19203850dc8c477bd8fc13f7ac08bf9f7ce0db3f.png

edit: made last image a little bigger for the qr code

Last edited by a moderator:
i specified the logo by integrating the idea of darksend - not only the letter "d" is the logo but the future-fact that there are different ways to come in and different ways to go out - but you never know it exactly - it's private --> darksend is the heart of darkcoin
darkcoin_3.png

i specified the logo by integrating the idea of darksend - not only the letter "d" is the logo but the future-fact that there are different ways to come in and different ways to go out - but you never know it exactly - it's private --> darksend is the heart of darkcoin
That's a really pretty design, but, possible to make it look a tiny bit less like a swastika?

i specified the logo by integrating the idea of darksend - not only the letter "d" is the logo but the future-fact that there are different ways to come in and different ways to go out - but you never know it exactly - it's private --> darksend is the heart of darkcoinView attachment 28
That's a really pretty design, but, possible to make it look a tiny bit less like a swastika?

There is one other detail also. I hate to be a bore, but remember that DarkSend uses a capital S.

Back