• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Let's get thinking

Just ran across this on reddit:

I set up my Raspberry Pi to automatically tweet at Comcast Xfinity whenever my internet speeds drop significantly below what I pay for

Seems like a great intro idea to what CAN be done with a Raspberry Pi...

Also as far as ATMS go:

https://np.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/42oa6y/netcoins_launches_virtual_bitcoin_atms_bitcoin/

Another idea: We need a way people tipping a wallet that can be automatically used for reddit advertising so not 1 single person runs this wallet. Cheap, simple and easy for someone looking for a simple idea, right?
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/42msss/reddit_add/

My idea: Dash Instantx installed in arcade games place. Instead of the owner having to worry about tokens and tickets, the people load Dash on their phones at the entrance, then they can go have fun and try to win Dash on the machines to buy nice big fluffy toys in the shop with Dash.

That's actually a really cool idea! We can get small vending machine arcades using Dash instead of paper tokens..

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop thinking small guys. Instantx can transfer ANY value. Ok I think it's limited to 10,000 Dash now. But you get the point.

Think betting. This would be huge. Place your bet, near instant confirmation. Horses, sports, gambling....run with it.
But wait....why do you even need a betting slip. It can all be done on the blockchain. Return addresses can automatically be figures out and the amount can be figured out by how much you sent. So you just send your $2 for your horse....boom after the results you get your $3 back. No paper at all.

Arbitrage. Transfer from exchange to exchange, in or out of stocks, currency, commodities.....

Video downloads. - Instant download
Software downloads - Instant.
Auction sites - instant payment

And then Point of sale....Isn't this big enough.....get on it.
Buy a car....duh. Why not IX that and buy in 1 second.
A house....Ah downpayment at least.
Anything from gumballs, archade, retail, gas...HUGE!

Wire transfers....why....IX that and save $30.

Tickets. Buses, movies, whatever....but you don't need the ticket. Proof is on the blockchain.

I don't think any of you get it.

It's not the job of DASH to come up with ways to use DASH.
It's up to DASH to create something that others want to develop systems around.
If there was no budget system in DASH. like there is no budget system in Bitcoin and every other coin.

How do you think these projects would be funded.
By you...

Like they should be.

DASH should focus on DASH.

Solarminer. All those things create a need in the market place.

That doesn't mean DASH should fund the creation of those systems.

Get a loan. create those systems, profit from them.

The DASH community doesn't owe you a cent for doing so. If you can't create a business model off that to make you money. No one else should.

emitkirby, Solarminer

Hum, what if we funded a decentralized gambling application with no middle man that uses Dash's masternode quorums as oracles for the bets? That would never be developed by a for profit corporation, but would create a huge real-world drive to use Dash...

You would do DASH a dis service.

But if you did do it,

I'd hope you paid professionals to create such a system.

Professionals take criticism with aplomb and dignity.

Even Solarminer to his credit has listened to the community and edited his proposals to suit. I've actually voted in his favour since he edited his proposal.

Camosoul however shouldn't be allowed to touch another project. His attitude is disgusting.

emitkirby, Solarminer

Hum, what if we funded a decentralized gambling application with no middle man that uses Dash's masternode quorums as oracles for the bets? That would never be developed by a for profit corporation, but would create a huge real-world drive to use Dash...

This could be an idea. I actually think there are some coins setup to do bets and probabilities. Etherium can do contracts. You can probably just do this with a website - you don't need masternodes to decide on cards/dice type games.

This could be an idea. I actually think there are some coins setup to do bets and probabilities. Etherium can do contracts. You can probably just do this with a website - you don't need masternodes to decide on cards/dice type games.
I want something that can't be shut down, that government never gets a hold of who is betting, and that people can bet on more exciting stuff like soccer and horses. Billions of dollars in bets flowing through Dash.

I want something that can't be shut down, that government never gets a hold of who is betting, and that people can bet on more exciting stuff like soccer and horses. Billions of dollars in bets flowing through Dash.

That is more involved. I don't know much about how Etherium contracts work, but I think that is what you want to use. I don't think you need masternodes to do this. Of course settle in Dash so it is instant. Maybe create a thread with a good title and others can provide better advice.

Solarminer. All those things create a need in the market place.

That doesn't mean DASH should fund the creation of those systems.

Get a loan. create those systems, profit from them.

The DASH community doesn't owe you a cent for doing so. If you can't create a business model off that to make you money. No one else should.

You make a great point, echoing some of my thoughts to some extent. Yes, Dash should focus on the actual Dash development. Normally 3rd parties should handle adoption or even facilitating adoption. In Bitcoin, for example, you have Bitpay or Coinbase facilitating merchant adoption not the Bitcoin foundation or the bitcoin devs. Doesn't mean we should copy Bitcoin but that's a free market organic growth model, otherwise we'd shift this project towards central planning.

Now, in the case of the soda machine, that was a showcase of what the technology could do, it featured the tech to lots of influential people in this space. It wasn't your usual 200 people but influential people in this space, including VCs and a few articles that resulted from that, increasing visibility of the project. Think of how Nvidia is making demo graphic cards and gives them to companies as a reference model, without actually being in the business of making video cards. Demos are important to showcase the technology.

Now I guess we can cross that line without even knowing and it's probably not the best way to be headed.

I'd like to see integration with self service POS systems in supermarkets and bulk retail. At least where I live the machines have about 20 options when you get to the payment step, and it would be relatively easy to add in Dash through a software update. Nearly costless to the retailer.

Unfortunately I think it might be a hard sell for dash right now (but a real coup if we could make it happen). Bitcoin might be able to get some traction with it.

Maybe IX could be used for serving microtransactions in p2p Reddit-like sites (i.e. 1 upvote = 0,0001 DASH). I don't know any of them working right now though (DATT - 'decentralized all the things' isn't). I've found very interesting platform for such p2p services called ZeroNet. (http://bit.no.com:43110/1EU1tbG9oC1A8jz2ouVwGZyQ5asrNsE4Vr). Try to go to sites ZeroTalk, ZeroTorrent, Taxi Drift, ZeroBlog and many others, it is very funny.

I've created my own p2p site in that network (without servers ans domain reg): http://bit.no.com:43110/1G9s2eptrshvMmXaR1egEnGcbL9WdeQFAa

I'd like to see integration with self service POS systems in supermarkets and bulk retail. At least where I live the machines have about 20 options when you get to the payment step, and it would be relatively easy to add in Dash through a software update. Nearly costless to the retailer.

Unfortunately I think it might be a hard sell for dash right now (but a real coup if we could make it happen). Bitcoin might be able to get some traction with it.
Cam proposal was for this... but the community doesn't want it...

I don't quite see what's the issue with finding out ways to use IX in real world. IX in itself is to make instant transfers just like real cash.

So yes, POS systems, wallets, etc etc all just need to integrate IX.

A nice first step is to get exchanges to support IX (Poloniex for e.g.) and to offer help to these exchanges to implement them. That way cryptocurrency guys will be demonstrated in very real ways the benefits of IX whenever they trade coins.

Cam proposal was for this... but the community doesn't want it...

It's not quite the same as his proposal. This would simply require working closely with large POS companies to add some extra software to their machines. Not technically complicated and no extra hardware involved. It would also need a backend to convert Dash to the local currency (In the long run I'd prefer it not be converted, but it will be hard to gain traction in the short run without it).

I also don't think it's quite correct to say that the community doesn't want the proposal. There were just a few issues raised with regards to amounts, timeframes, and vagueness of the proposal (not making a call here on whether those were/are valid). Cam quickly got quite defensive, and it was al downhill from there. I think the general idea is still solid, and would be supported by the community under the right conditions.

I've posted about this before, but nobody replied/quoted it...perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree here. I'm guessing both are huge jobs and would require a large percentage of the proposal funds (plus working out how to stop users gaming the system)

I would like to say first I’m not a developer so I might be underestimating some of this…or even getting it completely wrong (so excuse my naivety). I would love to see things that would drive normal people and not just nerds to use Dash.

OpenBazaar
Yeah, I don't really need to go over this one again, I'm sure everybody knows/wants this to happen

1) If it was forked, could it run on the MN network?
I’m guessing this would be a big job, then trying to keep up with the constant updates etc. If this was to happen I would suggest using both Dash and Bitcoin (instead of forcing Dash onto users, let them see the benefits first hand). Some people might not want to use Dash and that’s ok, no need to exclude anybody.

2) Getting Dash implemented by the OB devs
Again, I’m not sure how we would go about this, would monthly donations from the Budget proposal be enough?

Social Media
Originally I mentioned:
WeCollective (Decentralised Reddit/Forum)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wecollective/we-collective-the-next-step-in-the-evolution-of-so

But recently the following are out and might be a better product:
http://www.synereo.com/
https://diasporafoundation.org/

We have miners earning dash as do people running MN's, it would be nice for the "Regular Joe's" of the world to earn Dash via selling things on OB or contributing to the Decentralised reddit/forum/WeCollective.

Back