Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Is this strange

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Geostone, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Geostone

Geostone New Member

There is a fundamental issue with all currencies. I think I have a fix for it, but to be perfectly honest that is way out of my league, I just have the idea..... I have nobody to tell it to that would understand what Ii am trying to get out of my head.

Ok, so now that I got that of my chest I will tell you about myself, because I have ZERO post and this is a really weird one for my first, so that even if I turn out to be a kook at least you know I'm a real kook.... I am a retired vet after 20 years of service in the military. I have traveled all over the world, met all kinds of people. Ive been retired for the last two years or so and have not worked because of medical problems (not asking for sympathy, just saying two years sitting at home gives you LOTS of time to think). I grew up in Alabama and yes, I have a hillbilly accent, and am even missing a tooth.. Guess that makes me full blooded hillbilly... Anyway, cant really think of much more to say, but I would really like to tell someone my idea just to see if I'm crazy.....

Thanks,
    Geo

PS- I just read the post. Probably the strangest thing I have ever done in my life....

• Like Like x 1
  2. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

we are all a bit crazy here
    do not worry about it

idea ?

3. halso

halso Active Member

does the idea involve voting with numbers?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Geostone

Geostone New Member

Nope.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Geostone

Geostone New Member

I have shared some of the idea with tungfa, I hope he doesn't say I'm crazy......

6. Miner237

Miner237 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Your daily buzzfeed....

7. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

not yet :rolleyes:

u should post it in public, nothing wrong with that

#7 tungfa, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Does it involve the transfer of funds between two people without any registration?

9. stan.distortion

stan.distortion Active Member

Welcome fellow hillbilly :) I'm interested in hearing it too, it's one I've turned over many times as well and always interested in hearing different takes on it.

10. UdjinM6

UdjinM6 Official Dash Dev
    Dash Core Team Moderator

Hello,
    So far no tech is discussed here, moved this to off topic subforum.
    Feel free to create another thread once you have your idea crystallized :)

11. GrandMasterDash

Hey, that's not fair, his idea is the idea of an idea! How can we be constructive if all ideas are moved off-topic!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Geostone

Geostone New Member

I will give the general description I passed to tungfa, basic idea for you to toss around.....

"The problem is that in order to produce any amount of currency, energy and oil are consumed and debt is created. What if the currency was based on the PRODUCTION of power? So in my head I envision two parts to this idea. As a miner, I always hated that no matter how hard I tried or tweaked, the amount I mined was minuscule compared to mining in a large pool. Here is my basic idea, a currency powered by the generation of energy through green means (wind, solar, etc). When I saw Elan Musk had introduced a roof that produces solar power I had to get it off my chest. Homes could produce a small coin to supplement income or maybe provide a complete income. That would be the solo miner, for the large miner (municipalities, power cooperatives, etc) the would produce a large "coin" equal to an amount of power produced. Those "energy coins" would be sold in blocks as power....

Does that basic idea make any common sense? I have way more in my head but, I dont want to say to much.

Geo"

• Like Like x 1
  13. GrandMasterDash

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. halso

halso Active Member

This actually reminds me of an andreas talk where he described bitcoin as a battery.

When people aren't using their solar or wind energy they could use it to mine crypto. Then spend that cash later.

I dont think you need a new blockchain to do that though.

Perhaps later down the track someone will create a dash app that plugs into evo and provides a nice UI to provide that functionality.

And maybe when collateralised mining is intoduced, specific mining contracts could be awarded to renewable generators.

Wow! i've just realised there are lots of contries that provide subsidies to companies who strike long term renewable energy contracts.

I think we may have stumbled upon a new idea for a dash DAO.

#14 halso, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  15. stan.distortion

Fancy getting one started? I've been thinking along the same lines and have been waiting for 12.1 to see how a DAO for something like that could be established. It's kind of inevitable Bitcoin mining will end up primarily as a renewable energy provider with mining as a secondary business soaking up the surplus and the same should apply to Dash if mining grows the same way.

16. Geostone

Geostone New Member

I am pleased that I am not getting blasted. I honestly had started to think I might be going crazy. I would be very interested in sharing my idea completely via PM. It works very well in my head, but I need people with skills I do not have.

17. stan.distortion

Nah, it's unlikely to get flamed to any degree, maybe some harsh criticism at worst but even that is likely to be constructive. We likes these kind of discussions around these parts :)

Here's an interesting one along quite different lines from a while back, the PDF is a bit hard to understand as English wasn't their native language but the thread makes it clearer:
    https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/budget-proposal-proof-of-labour.8108/

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Geostone

Geostone New Member

Btw, my idea solves the issue of transferring fiat into crypto......

19. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
    Your idea is generaly an old idea, as @GrandMasterDash pointed in his #13 post.

But what I marked as bold, seems interesting.

It is difficult nowdays to have an original idea that is not implemented somehow.

Only voting with numbers, which is a very old idea, is not implemeted yet NOWHERE!!

Think of it...
    An idea mentioned in the bible ("Here is wisdom, and whoever has a mind in him, let him vote the number") that is not implemente NOWHERE, and I challenge everyone to point me a place on earth where voting with numbers is implemented.

Isnt this strange?

#19 demo, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  20. Geostone

Geostone New Member

My idea is a different way of perceiving things more than anything.

21. Geostone

Geostone New Member

And we probably think a lot alike @demo

Your highlighted part is just a small part of a much larger idea.

22. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:

Whats the difference between your idea, and the idea mentioned in #13 by @GrandMasterDash ?

Please explain further your idea about the small energy coin (produced in the home roofs) and the large energy coin (produced by minucipalities, by power plants and cooperatives e.t.c.) and how that differs from solarcoin.

#22 demo, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  23. Geostone

Geostone New Member

The way in which things are incorporated together. You highlighted part of it yourself. I think for now I am keeping some of it to myself and a few other people. Now I may very well be crazy, and there is probably not a thing new in my idea, but that is what it is, just an idea.... I have shared enough of it with a few people to either gather more interest from them and know that maybe I am not crazy or you may never hear from me again.

Yes, I know of solarcoin, but am by no means an expert. I am researching it more now, thought it is just a piece. Lots of small pieces make up a much larger puzzle.

Yes, voting is involved, in different ways. Odds are my idea is crazy and you won't hear from me again.....

24. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    The idea you have published so far is not crazy, it is just an idea already said and implemented.
    What seems original is the concept of small and the large energy coin.
    You may explain this further.

25. Dunedoo

Dunedoo Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Dash Address:
    XyoSz4xviVGfks1pLhaXw2Baqmhfw5k7MG
    I think it is great idea.
    I remember reading an article but I cant find it about an inmate who chose to ride a bike hooked up to a generator in prison which in turn produced power for the prison.
    The offset for the inmate was a sentence reduction based on the amount of power he made.
    While at the gym, I see people running, cycling all day long. How much fricken energy would that create.
    Then I read about why chinese bitcoin coin mine are not evil and how they use the excess power produced by all those new coal powered power plants.
    Given that energy consumption is the biggest factor in turning over a profit in mining, a solar panel on a roof producing power to run a miner is a great idea. The only issue is for somebody to produce on mass an off the shelf product that can be purchased by anyone, just open up the box, put the panel at the sun and bingo, the miner is off and running. Then theres these companies that makes water out of thin air.
    We all know that water turns turbines and creates power, power is a miner friend and foe.

26. stan.distortion

Do the power companies have any part in that? That kind of network could be extremely beneficial to power companies but that doesn't necessarily mean they'd be cooperative.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Geostone

Geostone New Member

P2P decentralized power grid..... Mid size coin would support this level of "mining"....

When the power is sold to the grid, power companies would be required to pay in the small coin when buying from local households, if purchasing large blocks of power would pay the P2P distribution system in mid size coins, which would be split similarly to the way that DASH does with master nodes.....

• Like Like x 1
  28. stan.distortion

Really interesting vid on this:

Cheers :)

29. GrandMasterDash

Keep in mind, governments have already figured out they can tax people for selling their own electricity!

30. stan.distortion

They haven't figured out they can have their tax systems replaced by it yet though ;)