• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Invalid Masternode Status, cannot continue.

Amazing

I've been trying to update MN.

When I run ./dash-cli mnsync status I get:
Code:
{
  "AssetID": 999,
  "AssetName": "MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED",
  "Attempt": 0,
  "IsBlockchainSynced": true,
  "IsMasternodeListSynced": true,
  "IsWinnersListSynced": true,
  "IsSynced": true,
  "IsFailed": false
}

I can start the Masternode on my local wallet succesfully (QT wallet lists 'Watchdog Expired')

However when I try to run sentinel: venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py I get:
Code:
Invalid Masternode Status, cannot continue.

I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this. Also when running ./dash-cli masternode debug I get:
Code:
Not capable masternode: Masternode not in masternode list

I've checked obvious things like making sure my dash.conf file has the correct privkey and external IP address. I've also double checked my masternode.conf file.

But other than that I am a little stumped dash-cli says the masternode is synced.

Does anyone please have any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

Just to try to answer my own question and anyone who comes up with this problem when updating. I think I finally have the problem resolved and the only thing that fixed it was going in my masternode.conf file and renaming the masternode alias. It seems the problem somehow related to this. I still don't know how it is connected to sentinel and watchdog, but for now at least the masternode is enabled.

Thank you so much!!

I had exactly this problem and your (strange, who would've thought this could help?!?) fix worked!

EDIT: wait, not quite. The sentinel message "Invalid Masternode Status, cannot continue" is gone, but the masternode is still not started... maybe a different issue. ;-|

EDIT2: just took a while, seems to be up now (although dashman says "masternode started: No", but I think that's incorrect. I can see queue/count: 4626/4634.

Last edited:
Thank you so much!!

I had exactly this problem and your (strange, who would've thought this could help?!?) fix worked!

EDIT: wait, not quite. The sentinel message "Invalid Masternode Status, cannot continue" is gone, but the masternode is still not started... maybe a different issue. ;-|

EDIT2: just took a while, seems to be up now (although dashman says "masternode started: No", but I think that's incorrect. I can see queue/count: 4626/4634.

update dashman to fix that: `dashman sync status` combines getting the latest github changes and running the status command.

update dashman to fix that: `dashman sync status` combines getting the latest github changes and running the status command.

thanks!!!

all green now, except some shell incompatibility when checking sentinel that has always been there but doesn't hurt me:

sentinel installed : /home/nick/dash/dashman/lib/dashman_functions.sh: line 1128: [: -gt: unary operator expected
NO

(and 3 more of the same kind)

@blockmaster and @moocowmoo To fix the unary operator expected error, edit the file lib/dashman_functions.sh
look for the line:
if [ -e $INSTALL_DIR/sentinel ]; then

and just before it, add (use the correct directory of course):
INSTALL_DIR=/home/dash/.dashcore

This will manually force the script to find the correct directory. The error is gone! dashman version 0.1.27 (0.1.27-dirty)

Back