• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

INTERNATIONAL MAINSTREAM EVENT

Play_Awards

Hi everyone,

It is a great pleasure to be posting this thread.

We reach out from an international YouTube awarding ceremony organization, taking place in Spain yearly.
The name of it is Play Awards, and it´s a sort of "Oscars" of Spanish speaking YouTube stars. Please take a minute to google it.
Last year´s event went trending topic on twitter with 73 MILLION impressions!! We can document that and some other analytics.
We are organizing the next awarding ceremony, which will take place in May, and we would like to submit a proposal.

We think would be very beneficial for Dash to reach mainstream attention, so we have come up with a strategy that could certainly be aligned with this common goal we share.

Proposal detailed
We would like to set up an international contest to our audience, through our social network.
The winner of this lottery would win a two person ticket to attend the event and meet their favorite YouTube celebrities in real life, as well as 2,5 Dashes each to spend in their adventure.

We could easily reach a couple million of participants.
In order to be eligible for the lottery, participants would need to:

1 - Create a Dash Wallet
2 - Knowing what Dash is (they have to be able to respond it quickly or they would be pulled out)
3 - Share on their social network "DashxPlayawards" (augmenting exponentially the reach of the action)

We very strongly think this could trigger a trend in between the million of YouTubers fans, since it´s not an open public event and it´s the dream of a lot of young people.

Budget for the project
175 Dashes

The budget would be distributed to:

1 - Fund the winners attendance to the event (flights, hotels, etc)
2 - The stuff that will be in charge of the contest, organizing the trips, logistics, etc.
3 - Adds to reach the maximum amount of people.
4 - Pay some of the cost of the YouTube celebrities we will use their names to empower the contest.
5 - Participate in a small fraction on the fund of the event.

We are invested in Dash and we want the best for the community, so even if the proposal does not get approved, we will still do our best within our means to promote it during the event, in all the ways we can.

Best regards
Play Awards team

Attachments

• 46a190_a2999ad0972145cb9406a91eaad1d027.jpg_srz_1920_1080_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg
    46a190_a2999ad0972145cb9406a91eaad1d027.jpg_srz_1920_1080_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 115
How do you fit into the Play Awards?
When is the next event?
How are you tied in, or are you representing the organization directly?
I think people want to confirm some type of verification prior to voting.

I'd think it would be much better if the evolution wallet was out for the widespread engagement.

How do you fit into the Play Awards?
When is the next event?
How are you tied in, or are you representing the organization directly?
I think people want to confirm some type of verification prior to voting.

I'd think it would be much better if the evolution wallet was out for the widespread engagement.

Hey there, my name is Alberto, and I´m managing part of the project this year, but we are a team of about eight people and we would all like to see the idea succeed. The event will take place the 25th of May, we would like to get the contest done as soon as posible so we can really get the most out of it.

We understand about the verification process, I think an easy way would be to email the play awards website, or any of the social media pages, so we can respond from there, not a problem at all.

The evolution wallet idea sounds great, we are totally ok with it.

Feel free to ask or suggest anything!

PlayAwards

Thanks for links! since I´m a new member I wasn´t allowed to post any links, so glad you did it for us!! ;)

You are welcome. :)

Honestly, I think that this sort of people should not become a target group for Dash.
Those people are not meant to be Dash users.

But dont worry, my opinion does not count, cause I am not a masternode.

You are welcome. :)

Honestly, I think that this sort of people should not become a target group for Dash.
Those people are not meant to be Dash users.

But dont worry, my opinion does not count, cause I am not a masternode.

Thanks for the comment Demo, this "sort of people" as you refer to them, are common persons with all kinds of diverse interests, maybe the videos do not show the most accurate picture, but I think we better be flexible when it comes to massive adoption, however, I appreciate your concerns

Check now, are enabled.

They were disabled because a strategy matter of the last weeks i guess!

Interesting.
What kind of strategy is this, to hide and to reveal the comments and the ratings accordingly?
I am asking you, because if you convince me that your strategy is correct to hide and to reveal the ratings and the comments according to whatever circumstances, I may do the same in my account here.

Interesting.
What kind of strategy is this, to hide comments and ratings?
I am asking you, because if you convince me that your strategy is correct to hide and to reveal the ratings and the comments according to the circumstances, I may do the same in my account here.

Hey Demo, the past months has been a lot of speculation on what the date of the event will be and what city and so on. And the youtube comments where the place where this was all taking place!! We actually have made the date public anywhere else ;)

I see. Anyway , although I think that your viewers are not the correct target group for Dash, I wish you good luck in you goal of convincing the masternodes to vote for you.

The Masternodes are not so smart, some of them are even less smart than the people you deal with. But beware not to piss off some key persons, some masternode operators that own more than 100 masternodes. What it is important here in DASH is to get the favor of these persons. Dash is highly centralized, and it is governed by 10-20 people. And dont take very seriously those having the masternode badge here in the forum, they may have only one masternode, which worths almost nothing when voting.

We could easily reach a couple million of participants.
In order to be eligible for the lottery, participants would need to:

1 - Create a Dash Wallet
2 - Knowing what Dash is (they have to be able to respond it quickly or they would be pulled out)
3 - Share on their social network "DashxPlayawards" (augmenting exponentially the reach of the action)

Could you elaborate more on what exactly the process would be for this? How would people be expected to demonstrate that they have created a dash wallet, or know what dash is, and what would they be sharing on social network?

This one does sound interesting, it's under the same line of thought that giving away Dash helps drive exposure and education, just taken to a different level. Possibly good bang for the buck because this event appears to be very popular already and may have a high number of entrants. And demo, the target group of people for Dash is everybody.

And demo, the target group of people for Dash is everybody.

Yes of course Dash is for everybody, but you have to go step by step. First target the technology people, then those who can read, then the unlettered. First target the young, then the old. First target the smart, then the low intelligence. Otherwise, if you do not concentrate to a target group, you may target the unlettered low intelligence old people, and in that case I serioulsy doubt you will manage to evolve as a cryptocurrency. How to explain to an unletter old man what is a number and what is a letter? If he cannot understand the numbers and the letters, how can he understand the cryptocurrency concept? This is an extreme example of course, but it is for the sake of the argument. You should excpect a level of understanding when you introduce a concept, whatever this concept may be.

Last edited:
Could you elaborate more on what exactly the process would be for this? How would people be expected to demonstrate that they have created a dash wallet, or know what dash is, and what would they be sharing on social network?

This one does sound interesting, it's under the same line of thought that giving away Dash helps drive exposure and education, just taken to a different level. Possibly good bang for the buck because this event appears to be very popular already and may have a high number of entrants. And demo, the target group of people for Dash is everybody.

Hey Troy thanks for your comment. Sure I elaborate the process.

We would create an email, (e.g. [email protected]) and participants will need to send us an email with their dash wallet address and their phone number, and their social network

We would specify that the winner will get a call from us and will be asked to explane the basics of dash to see if he/she knows what dash really is, and since it´s on their own interest to win, we bet 99 will do their homework.

Equally, before making this phone call, we will check that they have shared it on their social network.

Is very common to see lotteries and contest in the "YouTubeSphere", and participants show super engagement with this kind of things fortunately.

Please let us know if you have any suggestion though!

Best

I had similar questions. Sounds like a good idea if there is a way to properly verify that they have installed a wallet and shared on social media. Edit: just read the response. Seems like a lot of work to personally call every entrant to the contest?

Back