INTERNATIONAL MAINSTREAM EVENT

halso

Apr 27, 2016
Sydney, Australia
It's disappointing to see another proposal fail.

But it is not unexpected.

The dash project is young. And we are learning as we go.

Due diligence and accountability
will be a key theme going forward.

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in past failures.

Let's focus our energy making smart investments going forward.

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
It's disappointing to see another proposal fail.

But it is not unexpected.

The dash project is young. And we are learning as we go.

Due diligence and accountability
will be a key theme going forward.

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in past failures.

Let's focus our energy making smart investments going forward.
I would argue it is better sometimes to go with high risk proposals because sometimes you will get ones that turn out good and outweigh the ones that don't deliver.
That being said, we definitely could have benefited from an escrow or something for this one to be paid out after key deliverables are met (one of those deliverables being, the event has to actually occur lol). Problem is though I don't think we can/should expect the core team or dash foundation to be working out legal contracts with every third party proposal, unless they actually have the means to do it without gunking up the works.

Dworf

Jun 25, 2016
Giving out lots of money without securities and proper tracking of the projects makes the DASH treasury an easy target for all kind of scammers. And its not the first time things went wrong in a costly way. Just remember the Lamassu desaster ...

If we let these kind of scammers go without consequences history will repeat itself.
My suggestion for all proposals bigger than 30 DASH:
- every proposal owner should leave his ID to the DASH force
- make a background check on each application by the use of a local lawyer (DASH force can do it)
- trace the milestones and stop payments if milestones are not reached
- introduce a blacklist and publish scammers if they even do not provide a good explanation for their failure

I mean that these are minimum conditions for venture capital

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
If we had a variety of funding options, such as decentralised crowdfunding, then MNOs might be more inclined to vote no on some proposals knowing these people had a good alternative.

And if you combine that with HR doing some basic background checks, then maybe we could reduce scams.

akhavr

Oct 11, 2014
My suggestion for all proposals bigger than 30 DASH:
- every proposal owner should leave his ID to the DASH force
- make a background check on each application by the use of a local lawyer (DASH force can do it)
Then you'll lose me.