• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

INTERNATIONAL MAINSTREAM EVENT

I think your proposal could bring Dash a lot of new Dash-educated users and attention in Europe for a reasonable price. Now that BitPanda.com accepts European deposits via credit card as of this week, I think the timing is very good.

However, first I personally would need to see verifiable proof that you are indeed an authentic representative of the Play Awards to know that we aren't being conned. I'd also like to know your exact position, what company you officially work for, your business's contact phone number etc. You could private message me this over the forum if you'd rather some of it not be public.

I would also like to know your estimates on how many viewers your awards have gotten in each of the past years both live and on YouTube over time. Also, in your estimation, how many people will watch this year live and how many over time? In your estimation, how many will hear about this Dash-sponsored competition beforehand and want to participate? How many users do you think will actually get through creating a Dash wallet, learning about Dash, posting about Dash on social media (which is a requirement of your competition I particularly like and I'm sure other MN's do) and signing up for your competition?

Will you mention the Dash sponsorship or display a Dash logo more than once during the actual awards show so that Dash's affiliation will be noted even in the post-show viewings?

Finally I'd like you to be strict about enforcing the rules of the competition. If they don't actually do what the requirements are, you must let them know beforehand that you won't be giving them any breaks if they don't fulfill the requirements.

Thanks

Last edited:
Have you corresponded with @babygiraffe or anyone else from the Dash core team?

I don't think I will be able to vote on a proposal of this scale with out at least an endorsement from the core team and verification that Dash will be presented the right way. I would prefer that you use use Dash media/info that has already been created by knowledgeable community members.

EDIT: Please join us in the #proposals channel in slack https://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/ as there is much to be discussed and not much time before this voting round is over.

Last edited:
Have you corresponded with @babygiraffe or anyone else from the Dash core team?

I don't think I will be able to vote on a proposal of this scale with out at least an endorsement from the core team and verification that Dash will be presented the right way. I would prefer that you use use Dash media/info that has already been created by knowledgeable community members.

EDIT: Please join us in the #proposals channel in slack https://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/ as there is much to be discussed and not much time before this voting round is over.
Hey @GuerraDiValute, yeah let´s discuss this point in slack

IMPORTANT: I have just personally verified beyond any reasonable doubt that this is an authentic representative of the Play Awards. I emailed their official website email [email protected] and asked them to contact me via Skype which they did (there was no other way for them to know my Skype). I had a video call with Max Olivier the founder of the Play Awards. He not only verified his identity with his license and showed me one of the upcoming gold trophies but most importantly for you to see he also has posted a Dash logo on the top right corner of The Play Awards' official YouTube channel here as a way to verify it's them behind the proposal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClIGGpV0r4YP8DLstALeSSQ

Max told me he has a significant amount of his savings in Dash and is doing this much more to help Dash than he is for the benefit to his show. He said he would be charging double or triple to any other advertiser. I personally feel confident he is genuine in his desire to help Dash and that this is a good use of our funds given that we will have the potential to reach all over Spain and Latin America, and this is basically the Oscars for Spanish Youtube content creators. Even though this will only be the second year of their show, in their first year they have had almost 2 million views on their Youtube Channel since the show (proof seen here from their account at the top left https://gyazo.com/75567f8b0ba987a052d4ecd862c353cf 1,778,121 views) and if you include people who pirated clips of their show on YouTube, they have around 10 million views. So it's pretty safe to say there will be at least 1-10 million+ views of the show if nothing goes wrong. They will be broadcasted nationally on the Antena 3 Digital Platform and throughout the world and Latin America through YouTube rebroadcasters live. Max has promised to put clips of the Dash Contest winners on their official YouTube channel and to mention and or display a Dash banner at least once during the actual show.

Given that we only have 24 hours to garner enough votes, Max has told me since the event is in May, he can still make the proposal next month but that he would like to at least gauge the support beforehand so please do vote yes even if it is unlikely to pass so that Max feels confident it will pass next month.

It's also important to note, In order for people to enroll in this Dash contest to attend the Play Awards for free which will be a red-carpet event with celebrities in the center of Madrid, contestants need to create a Dash Wallet, know what Dash is, and share on their social media that the cryptocurrency Dash is inviting them to attend the Play Awards. I think this expense is much more valuable than typical advertising because the contestants actually need to actively learn about and be ready to use Dash in order to enroll rather than just see our logo or hear about us.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

We are overwhelmed by these last couple of days rise up of interest on the proposal. We would like to thank paragon for having been so active in the community and taking a considerable amount of time to evaluate this project and let others know about it.

We are 10 hours away from the deadline, and about 30 "yes" votes away. We would like to invite everyone who abstained, to reconsider their decision.

Here it is: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/PLAY-AWARDS-DASH

We are going to be following it very closely, and giving immediate responses to any question, doubt, or suggestion, so please do not be afraid to ask.

Thank you for your participation.

Play Awards team

Last edited:
Good question. Looks like dash was scammed / organisers had no balls to keep us posted.

"The organization also points out that no youtuber, candidate or not, has been asked to promote the event or sponsors, and that the project was "deficit" so far."

This is more the reason for dash's HR partner to vet the people behind proposals that are over a certain value.

How many times will we vote for scams?
They pulled the same scam last year with NO RESULT!

It's disappointing to see another proposal fail.

But it is not unexpected.

The dash project is young. And we are learning as we go.

Due diligence and accountability
will be a key theme going forward.

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in past failures.

Let's focus our energy making smart investments going forward.

It's disappointing to see another proposal fail.

But it is not unexpected.

The dash project is young. And we are learning as we go.

Due diligence and accountability
will be a key theme going forward.

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in past failures.

Let's focus our energy making smart investments going forward.

I would argue it is better sometimes to go with high risk proposals because sometimes you will get ones that turn out good and outweigh the ones that don't deliver.
That being said, we definitely could have benefited from an escrow or something for this one to be paid out after key deliverables are met (one of those deliverables being, the event has to actually occur lol). Problem is though I don't think we can/should expect the core team or dash foundation to be working out legal contracts with every third party proposal, unless they actually have the means to do it without gunking up the works.

Giving out lots of money without securities and proper tracking of the projects makes the DASH treasury an easy target for all kind of scammers. And its not the first time things went wrong in a costly way. Just remember the Lamassu desaster ...

If we let these kind of scammers go without consequences history will repeat itself.
My suggestion for all proposals bigger than 30 DASH:
- every proposal owner should leave his ID to the DASH force
- make a background check on each application by the use of a local lawyer (DASH force can do it)
- trace the milestones and stop payments if milestones are not reached
- introduce a blacklist and publish scammers if they even do not provide a good explanation for their failure

I mean that these are minimum conditions for venture capital

If we had a variety of funding options, such as decentralised crowdfunding, then MNOs might be more inclined to vote no on some proposals knowing these people had a good alternative.

And if you combine that with HR doing some basic background checks, then maybe we could reduce scams.

My suggestion for all proposals bigger than 30 DASH:
- every proposal owner should leave his ID to the DASH force
- make a background check on each application by the use of a local lawyer (DASH force can do it)

Then you'll lose me.

Back