• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iBeLink™ DM384M ASIC Dash Miner

After gaining access to 3.5.7 firmware, returning all removed stuff to make Raspbian fully functional again and some investigations I can confirm that...

Could you please share with us your edited image of the SD card? Or may be there will be released any kind of HOW-TO for iBelink users to customize their devices?

Could you please share with us your edited image of the SD card? Or may be there will be released any kind of HOW-TO for iBelink users to customize their devices?

the way it was done was described in first post - if you are familiar with any Linux - it's not a problem. If not - I think it's better not to try - or you could break something - first point and you really don't need it - the second.

The fixed firmware may be released some time after stability tests and some fixes/improvements. Now it's very beta and is good for personal needs, but not for public use. If someone have some special requests - you can PM me with no problem and we will see what can be done for you :)

Yes and I will say why I'm doing it - I really don't like the way iBeLink choose to go. All used software was Open Source GPL (or maybe some other open license), and now they have taken OpenSource products (Raspbian, cgminer), put them to an open platform Raspberry Pi and sold to us giving NO root access, NO source code of the mining software.

Yes - hardware design is yours and we don't asking to open your ASIC chip technology. BUT - if you use something OpenSource as a base - be honest and make the derivative OpenSource. We have payed the money - so you have to release the code. Or make your own miner software from scratch as SilverFish makers have done.

Even Microsoft with their closed-source policy and copirastic life-view are giving Administrator access to their OSes. Apple was not honest enough - and Jailbreak have come. And - yes, the court have say YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE FULL ACCESS TO YOUR DEVICE!

Yes and I will say why I'm doing it - I really don't like the way iBeLink choose to go. All used software was Open Source GPL (or maybe some other open license), and now they have taken OpenSource products (Raspbian, cgminer), put them to an open platform Raspberry Pi and sold to us giving NO root access, NO source code of the mining software.

Yes - hardware design is yours and we don't asking to open your ASIC chip technology. BUT - if you use something OpenSource as a base - be honest and make the derivative OpenSource. We have payed the money - so you have to release the code. Or make your own miner software from scratch as SilverFish makers have done.

Even Microsoft with their closed-source policy and copirastic life-view are giving Administrator access to their OSes. Apple was not honest enough - and Jailbreak have come. And - yes, the court have say YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE FULL ACCESS TO YOUR DEVICE!
I like the way you think, I guess they are not releasing it to avoid other companies using their code. If you know C, you can work on your own driver for cgminer, and about having root access, it can be done. Starting a Github repo might be a good idea if you are interested enough.

I like the way you think, I guess they are not releasing it to avoid other companies using their code. If you know C, you can work on your own driver for cgminer, and about having root access, it can be done. Starting a Github repo might be a good idea if you are interested enough.

Sorry to say - I'm not a programmer - so administrative work, server setup, virtualization & networking, websites are my skills (and hobby :) ) - but not the programming. PHP is my top :(

As a comparison - Pinidea have released their cgminer code and binaries for Windows & RasPi and they are not selling closed source box with no access.

iBelink any chance to reprogram your ASICs to mine any other non-X11 altcoins? Baikal basically did a fantastic job at killing X11 market.

i know i was just desperate making that request cause i lost pretty much all of my savings to baikal's reckless and selfish behavior. no doubt there's a part where i take responsibility for my decisions but if i knew that we had another KNC of X11 i wouldn't have invested a penny.. i hardly have a sleep these days and my mood has changed from bad to worst.

No way, ASICs can't be reprogrammed.

This maneuver by Baikai has serious consequences not only to the miners but the value of Dash no less.

Ibelink was smart about knowing the limits of the market and acted accordingly. Baikai is like a rouge agent trying to destroy everything.

algo switch so we have a "small" loss and they a have BIG loss. Maybe they learn their lesson! Then they can sell their miners to startcoin dumpers for 88 START...

Last edited:
That kind of behaviour makes the difference between the companies that actually care about their customers and the ones that just want to make a quick buck.

Which one do you support?

After gaining access to 3.5.7 firmware, returning all removed stuff to make Raspbian fully functional again and some investigations I can confirm that there is NO any suspicious activity from the miner. It only checks baidu.com website for testing network persistence. The reboot mechanism is a sort of watchdog to keep miner software running.

The used cgminer fork is completely closed and highly customized, so can't tell more about it. One interesting thing - it reboots miner if any USB device is plugged - be it a keyboard or even a webcam. Is it a break-into protection or simple some buggy code - i don't know...

2 iBeLink:
And if talk about some "feature requests":
1) first of all - better pool management via WEB UI - add the ability to EDIT pools, delete them and add from scratch is very annoying
2) add the ability to change pool order and permanently save it - now it returns to the first pool after reboot
3) add (or simply activate - it is already in web gui files) the ability to add authentication to the web ui if someone wants to acceess miner from the Internet - now it's open for all and it's not good.

We have already realized all of your good suggestions.
You could have a try if convenient.
Thanks.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/ibelink™-dm384m-asic-dash-miner-support-thread.8148/page-9

Last edited:
I got my ibelink about a month or so ago, ran great for a month and then the fourth blade stopped working. They sent me a new blade instead of a new machine and I swapped it out yesterday.
Today, it came to the building where the machine is running and it was off, it had turned itself off thankfully,, when I turned it back on, I'm getting an electrical smell.
So I've turned it off.

I cannot recommend ibelink machine to anybody, if I could get a full refund at this point, I'd much rather do that.

My iBeLink stopped working.

I can still acces the devices but no blades are recoqnised by the device.

Also when i shutdown the power and put it back on, the first led is BLUE and the second RED. After aprox 1 minute all go RED.

I tried RESTORE/ROLLBACK

My iBeLink stopped working.

I can still acces the devices but no blades are recoqnised by the device.

Also when i shutdown the power and put it back on, the first led is BLUE and the second RED. After aprox 1 minute all go RED.

I tried RESTORE/ROLLBACK

If the miner could not be restore/rollback to normal, please re-flash your TF card, the step of operation could be found at the pre post.
Thanks.

If the miner could not be restore/rollback to normal, please re-flash your TF card, the step of operation could be found at the pre post.
Thanks.

Didn't find anywhere the post you mentioned. Please be a bit more specific.

Thank you.

Back