• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iBeLink™ DM384M ASIC Dash Miner

iBeLink

Hello everyone, this is my fourth message in the forum, but I am bringing you a “big” piece of news. The world first X11 algorithm ASIC chip and the first ASIC Dash Miner - “iBeLink™ DM384M” is here. We have decided to sell completed iBeLink™ mining machines at the initial stage. We are scheduled to sell the first batch of 50 iBeLink™ DM384M at www.dualminer.com very soon, and plan to ship these units in the 1st week of March, 2016. Please check www.dualminer.com for more detailed information.

Who created the ASIC chip and the iBeLink™ DM384M?

This high performance Dash miner is brought to you by Tiannengbo Group, a consortium of high-tech companies based in China. The people behind this consortium believe Dash will be a leading cryptocurrency in the new world economy, so we want to take the leadership in investing and developing these products.

What do the ASIC chip and the iBeLink™ DM384M contribute to Dash project?

We believe that Dash POW provides the security to its 1st tier network, from which Dash can build the 2nd tier (Masternode) and the 3rd tier (various applications) networks. With the success of this ASIC chip and high efficient ASIC mining equipments, Dash is in the major leagues of high level of security hashing power same as Bitcoin and Litecoin. We will produce more efficient ASIC chips and miners as long as the financial incentives make senses.

Where does our confidence come from?

We will provide live demo in Santa Clara, California this coming weekends (both 2/19 and 2/20). You (or ask your friends) can come to check the ASIC chip and the ASIC miner for yourself. Please PM me to set up an appointment.

We have a plan to donate this demo iBeLink™ DM384M to the Dash Foundation in near future.

iBeLink™ DM384M demonstration videos:

Part1;

Part2;

Part3;

Online Store; www.dualminer.com

UH - it this thing REAL???
or
just pulling our leg(s)

cool if it is
-
shame on you if it is not - lol

according to Coin Warz calculator if you have 6000 difficulty constant and .10 energy cost it would take 10 months to break even. but you know difficulty will go up. we've already seen 12k difficulty and if you calculate for 12k you break even after about 26-28 months.

I'm disappointed. I guess you didn't try very hard, but still, for an X11 ASIC, this is a bit of a letdown. How many clock ticks does it take for a given amount of X11 hashes from the chip? And what frequency is the 2MH/s figure gotten from?

Are these really ASICs? Doesn't seem possible to design a 50 unit run with ASICs. Maybe FPGAs can be done. I am thinking an ASIC buildout would need about $1,000,000 of investment.

I am curious about why the hashrate is changing. Maybe this is due to the X11 difficulty changes.

crowning If you think these are loud and sound like a vacuum, the Cointerra Miners were worse. They had 5 really powerful fans pushing out over 2000 watts of heat. I don't miss them.

yidakee The first run is scheduled for March. You can sign up for notification when available. They don't take preorders...or at least that is what their site says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max of 380 MH per second ? (see part 2)

I'm totally out of touch with mining but is that a good mining speed for ASIC ? (if its ASIC and not FPGA)

Edit :

I did a calculation with a difficulty of 8000 to stay on the safe side : http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators...5104&er=0.00821519&btcer=424.42390000&hc=0.00

OVASq8J.jpg

It is strange to see the hashrate fluctuate so much in the demo though.

I'm disappointed. I guess you didn't try very hard, but still, for an X11 ASIC, this is a bit of a letdown. How many clock ticks does it take for a given amount of X11 hashes from the chip? And what frequency is the 2MH/s figure gotten from?

http://www.dualminer.com/iBeLink-DM384M-Dash-Miner_p_36.html
The iBeLink™ DM384M Dash miner contains 4 hashing blades and a Raspberry Pi B+. Each hashing blade contains 48 TNB0301 ASIC chips, and can be managed (or controlled) for mining separately.

which means 4x 48 = 192 asic chips x 2MB = 384 MB

Perhaps the 2MB hashrate we saw in the demo was with just one chip operating ?

Thank you for all your interest. I would like to answer some of your common questions raised in this thread.
1. This ASIC chip is built from a 152nm CMOS process, so it is not the latest and greatest technology used here. The reason of this solution is simply the cost and reward trade off. From the technical point view, we are ready to map the design into even the 14nm or 16nm FinFET processes if the Dash economy could justify the huge cost of these processes.
2. ROI will be depended on various factors, such as cost of electricity, price of Dash, and of course the mining difficulty
3. Sales of the 1st batch 50 units has not started yet. That's why you see the "out of Stock" sign from dualminer.com online store

Thank you for all your interest. I would like to answer some of your common questions raised in this thread.
1. This ASIC chip is built from a 152nm CMOS process, so it is not the latest and greatest technology used here. The reason of this solution is simply the cost and reward trade off. From the technical point view, we are ready to map the design into even the 14nm or 16nm FinFET processes if the Dash economy could justify the huge cost of these processes.
2. ROI will be depended on various factors, such as cost of electricity, price of Dash, and of course the mining difficulty
3. Sales of the 1st batch 50 units has not started yet. That's why you see the "out of Stock" sign from dualminer.com online store

152nm - jesus. No wonder. Any comments on the clock speed and ticks per hash or batch of hashes?

Thanks for your response. That makes a lot more sense with the 152nm ASIC design.

Would you be open to selling single cards? It looks like you can just run cgminer on a raspberry pi go get them to work.

很高兴看到有眼光的资本开始投入X11的硬件领域,希望能够走向健康的可持续发展道路(Gridseed前车可鉴),与Dash的整个生态环境实现共赢。
Good to see more captial have been attracted and hope it's a healthy sustainable development, win-win mode. Anyway, Welcome to join the community.

152nm工艺貌似仅仅是可行性试验之用,不过相信如果项目无恙,会有一番作为。
据我所知,目前台积电南科厂区受地震影响已经停工,目前工程师正在加班加点的调试设备。而台积电其他的12寸晶圆厂也因此受到影响而档期排满,不知道后续的计划蓝图时间点有没有公布的可能,还是说要更多的看目前的投资收益来进行计划····

If you believe this, you should accept DASH as payment.

Well, the problem is that we have to pay our vendors and partners with fiat, and we are running an exporting business which requires to meet many regulations and international laws. If Bitpay or Coinbase accept Dash, we would be very happy to accept Dash as a payment method.

cool miner iBelink :) considering purchasing one but I have a couple of questions..

How many of these units are you planning to sell ?

being 152nm it has a lot of room to improve and this worries me, will there be some kind of reward/coupon if you guys build the next generation of this miner in the future to those people who bought your version 1.0 ?

is there any warranty offered on the unit ?

cheers

Back