• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I sold all my Dash. Here is why and my view on the state of Dash

what pointless thread / content. someone sold all there Dash...then is here talking about it..other people like other coins better...but strangely are here talking about it...brand new accounts... haven't we got better things to be doing, Dashers? :)

Take this as an opportunity to show how much is being done with Dash that the community doesn't see. Udjin did a great job of showing some differences. Your goal should be to learn what your competition is and how to do it better.

For you Andy, look at the Umbra Shadowcash wallet with chat, tor, i2p, and soon marketplace - it is a work of art. Look at the NXT wallet - so many features it will make your head spin. There is a lot going on. You can ignore the competition, or do better than them.

Last edited:
The Tezos people are stupid when saying.
Of course there is a way to identify people as individuals on decentralized networks. The cryptoparty assemblies.
And of course, this is a Déjà vu.
All the proponents of the stake based voting (Tezos and dashers included), they ignore history. This is how democracy starts. First they think that stake based voting is correct. First they think Timocracy is the correct regime. But then obvious problems appear in Timocracy (you can already observe here in dash the masternodes stupidity) and then Democracy (one person-one vote) arises.

In The Republic, Plato describes five regimes (of which four are unjust). Timocracy is listed as the first "unjust" regime. Aristocracy degenerates into timocracy when, due to miscalculation on the part of its governed class, the next generation of guardians and auxiliaries includes persons of an inferior nature (the persons with souls made of iron or bronze, as opposed to the ideal guardians and auxiliaries, who have souls made of gold and silver). A timocracy, in choosing its leaders, is "inclining rather to the more high-spirited and simple-minded type, who are better suited for war".[2] The city-state of Sparta provided Plato with a real-world model for this form of government.

Tezos is a coin going to be based on voting on code changes. It might get a lot of hype, by realistically a few key developers need to be involved in deciding which code is used, not a majority vote of people with minimal coding experience.

Thanks for that, I didn't know about Tezos and it looks quite interesting, especially as they are also talking about formal verification. Definitely one to watch!

Evan told me Evolution will have over 160 TV channels, a cool calculator and every new mc donalds flyer. 13.1 will have Pizza hut support, too.

This is just a mockup of the new design. And the Evo wallet will be 5% longer (will nice scrollbars) than the next shadowcash wallet.

pDz12aR.png

Very funny. Does the name change to DISH N DASH too?

In my view, I am not agree with some points

1. there is no market room for a transparent coin

I think coin are inter-mid thing between gold and fiat. and no transparent has no market ??

Anonymity looks fancy to attract black market. but it's not 'core business model'

you want black market uesr's coins ? you think it's real right direction for coins ?

anonymity is generally used for 'pump'.

privacy and anonymity is completely different.

2. InstantSend - This is a great feature, but other coins essentially have this feature due to lower block confirmation times or they outright have or are adding this feature

You really think that lower block confirmation times solve the 'fast send issue'???

It is totally not!! I recommand you to read 'bitcoin white paper'

In shortly, if you want to send coin fast with high 'security level'

only lower block confirmation times never be a good choice.

(lower block generating time is also not to be a good solution too)

It is becuse blockchain is not server.

So, lower block confirmation meens "lower securitiy"

(it defends on the percentage)

you need to understand why masternodes are needed to make second tier-architecture

to ensure high speed and security.

3. Mastert node

If masternodes are the only things to hold coins in the wallet.

I don't support it.

but I are agreed with that 'sustainable second-tier network is really needed to wild adaption'

It makes more faster and higher security blockchain network.

This is core.

There is a lot of real business chance for real high security and fast blockchain with sustainable ways.

In these days, almost every blockchain project didn't concentrate on the this goal

I don't think dash's second tier architecture is the 'only solution'

but dahs's goal is really clear

"to be a really useful blockchain with high security and fast with sustainability"

And it will makes 'real business case' in some kinds of fields. (storage and pos)

Abd it it based on the 'masternode network'

MNs are not only for holding coins.

(And even I think almost every coins are on the 'exchanges' not 'wallet'

it is more dangerous and has high votality.)

4. What about Evolution? (2.5 year is too long !!)

It is blockchain.

If there are some mistakes. It is really critical.

(see the eth/etc case. DAO case. Steem and even monero)

and blockchain is decentralized so it's really hard to predicit

what happens with thounsands of node is on line.

Even people didn't update old wallet. it also affect whole network.

In the view of short term investors it is too long

but in the view of blockchain development and longterm holders

it is more good to slow but test a wallet a lot.

I don't want to touch your trade style. it on your own choice.

but I am not agree with your view point of 'blockchain'

Last edited:
I'm just the molefish but I gotta say; at least with Dash I get the open style blockchain with the option to private send. I'm a bitcoin user in a large way, I essentially live off of it... but I got attracted to Dash as it retains the basis of what BTC is doing, yet has a friendly way to provide additional options.

I see it as the potential digital money of the people where I see BTC as digital gold.

Think about it this way... if you have a shift to metals based economy then if only gold is considered all the little guys are screwed. Yes, some things would be better, but we still need a money of the people something truly useful to us as end users... this is why silver is so important.

Well, in the crypto space there is a similar dynamic occurring... there's no point in whining that Dash isn't like other coins... The bulk of the population are white list, good actor type users and Dash can serve us well and preserve privacy. Also don't even try to claim Etherium or LTC can fill this role, we can discuss that later in other threads to be sure if necessary...

I don't know everything there is to know about it, but the idea that Dash could be digital cash and BTC can remain as the crypto flagship actually entails a type of long tail view that could end up being not only beneficial to the overall space but also to Dash enthusiasts.

I think getting some of the newer cutting edge vending companies to take on Dash at the same time they begin to integrate bitcoin would be wise as it'd actually work better for the end user for that use case... yet many of these companies are already working to integrate BTC as a payment option on their new smart machines but Dash would be better for that... so yeah I think if people can push this in the right direction along side some of the other happenings with BTC then Dash's advantage would be easy to see and capitalize on to be sure.

As for the original poster I feel like it's a myopic view of the situation. I plan on backing Dash util I have a reason to do otherwise, just like my other interests and investments. I will need more options of how I can use it in the relatively near future to stay committed to be sure... but there's no reason why I can't try to help cause that to occur... after all that's part of the beauty of this whole idea!

Sorry to ramble, just sharing my thoughts on this before I sleep... :)

... Also, this reminds me of threads on gaming forums where people claim to be very upset and they are leaving the community and game altogether, yet they keep paying to play the game and to post periodically about how upset they are!

When I sell an asset, I don't go online to complain to other holders of that asset that I've liquidated and I'm moving on!

like -

'Dammit guys I'm out! I gotta sell my silver to pay some bills and btw - you all suck, and so does this totally useful thing I just sold for value to serve a need I had! I'm pissed and I'm not coming back... until next week... when I post again'

blech what do I know I'm gonna go dig some holes...

Thanks for that, I didn't know about Tezos and it looks quite interesting, especially as they are also talking about formal verification. Definitely one to watch!
I also heard over on slack that 13.2 will be in 3D and have surround sound enabled.

I heard on slack that we were skipping v13 alltogether as the number 13 represents a very bad omen in the world of numbers ?
(by the way, according to Microsoft the same goes for number 9)

Surely there is someone out there, who is totally into numbers who can back me up on this .. someone ? anyone ? :confused:

I'm just the molefish but I gotta say; at least with Dash I get the open style blockchain with the option to private send. I'm a bitcoin user in a large way, I essentially live off of it... but I got attracted to Dash as it retains the basis of what BTC is doing, yet has a friendly way to provide additional options.

Well, in the crypto space there is a similar dynamic occurring... there's no point in whining that Dash isn't like other coins... The bulk of the population are white list, good actor type users and Dash can serve us well and preserve privacy. Also don't even try to claim Etherium or LTC can fill this role, we can discuss that later in other threads to be sure if necessary...

I don't know everything there is to know about it, but the idea that Dash could be digital cash and BTC can remain as the crypto flagship actually entails a type of long tail view that could end up being not only beneficial to the overall space but also to Dash enthusiasts.

I think getting some of the newer cutting edge vending companies to take on Dash at the same time they begin to integrate bitcoin would be wise as it'd actually work better for the end user for that use case... yet many of these companies are already working to integrate BTC as a payment option on their new smart machines but Dash would be better for that... so yeah I think if people can push this in the right direction along side some of the other happenings with BTC then Dash's advantage would be easy to see and capitalize on to be sure.
Well, there are reasons Dash is loosing it's flash. It isn't the only locking transaction coin. It isn't the only anonymous coin. And it isn't the only coin with governance. There are competitors with all of these(or will be soon) that will do it better. So it isn't myopic to see better options. And it isn't myopic to see all the coinfirm news pushed as positive news which obviously had a very bad reaction...just look at the price.

As for the vending companies. You really can't do an instantx detector with reasonable bandwidth. Right now you are looking at 1GB/day with hardly any transactions. That is a huge amount and pretty much limits the possibility to use a cell data card. Other coins will have that with 100th the data needed and be ready in a month or two. So yeah, Dash sounds like the king now. With no new features planned in the next few months, holding Dash to wait on Evolution might just be a big risk.

As for the vending companies. You really can't do an instantx detector with reasonable bandwidth. Right now you are looking at 1GB/day with hardly any transactions. That is a huge amount and pretty much limits the possibility to use a cell data card.
I don't get it, can you elaborate pls - what's the connection between "ix detector" and "1gb/day"?

I don't get it, can you elaborate pls - what's the connection between "ix detector" and "1gb/day"?

Oh, sorry for jumping steps. The dashvend code is what I am referring to as an IX detector. That is what we used on the Dash N Drink. It requires that you run a full node. The code looks at all the network transactions to find the locks on the InstantX payment. We used version .55 so maybe there is something changed from that, but we measured about 1GB/day which is basically all the in and out network traffic.

i don't like projects with an anonymous lead programmer like vcash's john conner. How far can you get with such a team?
Who pays that team?
That is why they are adopting a governance model similar to Dash's.

Do you know any other coin (except dash) that has governance?

I believe bitshares has a form of governance model. Its different than Dash's and pre-dates Dash. It was likely the first DAO. Other than that, VCash is implementing one within a few months. You can see the 12 month roadmap here: https://v.cash/forum/threads/12-month-timeline.349/

They have a lot of other features. They have an InstantX-like featuer (called ZeroTime) that is superior to instant X. It offers respending within 1 minute (versus Dash's 15 minutes I believe) and is faster than instantX and more scalable. Connections between nodes are also encrypted and not open. It has incentivzed nodes. It has coinblender, which is like Dash's "PrivateSend", but it offers more anonymity than Dash. It is currently in Alpha for ZeroLedger, which let's you use a wallet anywhere without downloading the blockchain. Superior to SPV nodes.

When you think about it, Evolution is a total scam. It is going to take YEARS to implement and its three primary features are the following: 1) no need to download blockchain (same thing ZeroLedger offers or even an SPV wallet has) 2) Syncing between wallets on different devices (same thing any bitcion HD wallet has) 2) Ability to make payments via email instead of payment address

As to point #3, this is not a feature that needs to take years to implement and let's be real it is the only real useful innovative feature. It is really no different than a DNS system. How do we translate names into addresses? This way you can use an email address and then in the backend it translates to payment address. This could be done by looking at things like namecoin. It could even be integrated in spv nodes in coins like namecoin as authorities on email / address converters. What I am saying is this is the primary feature of evolution and it is not even a feature that would take long to implement in another coin. That is about 90% of evolutions functionality right there.

I believe bitshares has a form of governance model. Its different than Dash's and pre-dates Dash. It was likely the first DAO.
Comparing the "Delegated Proof of Stake" of Bitshare with the "Decentralized Governance Blockchain Budget" of Dash, is like comparing the parliamentary system with the direct democracy.

When I search for a governance system, I search for a decentralized and direct governance system. I am not looking for a representative and delegated governance system because this type of governance always tends to become centralized.

Other than that, VCash is implementing one within a few months. You can see the 12 month roadmap here: https://v.cash/forum/threads/12-month-timeline.349/

I dont believe they will keep their roadmap.

Last edited:
Back