• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I regreat nothing, I believe

fernando

Powered by Dash
Foundation Member
Sure, the market is beating us up, even more than most other coins out there. But crypto markets are crazy and I've seen coins to up 10x in days. It happened to Darkcoin before. The difference is that now the technology works.

Sure, it is depressing to see the price this low, even if you have bought lower than this. But this is an opportunity to buy more if you didn't have the chance in the past. If your money arrives fast enough :)

Sure, now I hate myself for not selling when the price was high so I could buy back now. I would have much more darkcoins than I do. But I also know that I would not have had the cold blood to chase it down here. I know I would have been scared to death of not being able to jump in again, and I would have bought much higher than the price is now.

Because I believe in Darkcoin and I know this is just a bump in the road.

The only thing I'm sorry about is that we probably have lost a few good members of the community to this bloodbath. I don't judge them for selling, everybody has his own circumstances.

I'm still in.

I might have to disconnect my internet for the next couple of weeks
this is too hard to watch !

i will just sit this one out,
and hope for greener pastures after the storm settles

probably a good thing in the end,
as there is still a lot to do
and this definitely buys us time !

the only regret i have is
that i have ZERO cash in the moment to
snatch another MN

So back to it ....>

Quoting myself:

As i feel somehow being "Co": I still own every single DRK i have originally bought (unfortunately i was not a early bird) or i got from donations. My four masternodes still running :)

Had small chat with Evan during his nightly insomnia, and we both agree: Darkcoin is much greater than all of us - so stay tuned ;)

[...]The difference is that now the technology works.[...]

I'm still in.

THIS!

I am really afraid this may be magical, delusional thinking I sadly share :smile: (by buying more) - but a 90% loss means Darkcoin needs to go another 750% up, just to get where it has been only 2 1/2 months ago.

Is it possible? All is possible in life but is it likely? In short-term (another 2 1/2 months), not likely at all. Anyone who bought at these prices would be quite tempted to sell at 20% profit, at 50% profit, at 100% profit, at 250% profit... (just observe the price fluctuation during last 8 hours) and it will have initiated a new wave of selling. To me, Darkcoin might have died, or at least entered its terminal phase, during the last week but I will buy all I can during this week when my BTC purchases clear. Than I am putting myself on a suicide watch :sad:

All we may have left would be a poignant memory of what might have been. If I would be proven wrong, I'd gladly eat my words (and still have quite a few Darkcoins to celebrate the biggest come back ever) but I am ready to sink with the ship that has sailed into the darkness of what once was a great hope.

Good luck everyone.

I'm totally jealous.

I bought up most of my second and third masternodes in the last few weeks and I'm all out of disposable income for the forseeable. Never mind. Think of the long term...think of the long term :)

I am really afraid this may be magical, delusional thinking I sadly share :smile: (by buying more) - but a 90% loss means Darkcoin needs to go another 750% up, just to get where it has been only 2 1/2 months ago.

Is it possible? All is possible in life but is it likely? In short-term (another 2 1/2 months), not likely at all. Anyone who bought at these prices would be quite tempted to sell at 20% profit, at 50% profit, at 100% profit, at 250% profit... (just observe the price fluctuation during last 8 hours) and it will have initiated a new wave of selling. To me, Darkcoin might have died, or at least entered its terminal phase, during the last week but I will buy all I can during this week when my BTC purchases clear. Than I am putting myself on a suicide watch :sad:

All we may have left would be a poignant memory of what might have been. If I would be proven wrong, I'd gladly eat my words (and still have quite a few Darkcoins to celebrate the biggest come back ever) but I am ready to sink with the ship that has sailed into the darkness of what once was a great hope.

Good luck everyone.
Whilst you might be right about the timings needed to go back to £9 odd, I seriously think it has bottomed out and can't get much worse? Of anything... It might fluctuate but hopefully we'll see a steady stream of new investors.

I've been part of Darkcoin since the very first few days, rode it up, and still riding it down. The last few ups I can remember was when Darkcoin was all over the news, it was on sky news in the UK and also on BBC news radio programe, and a bunch of investor websites.......this all resulted from after the first and second official press releases were pushed out.

Now that we're rolling with the RC4 release, seems to be working, as pointed out above, brining huge technical advancements with DS+, surely there is another PR release planned?

I think when RC4 was released many people we're confused if it was working, or if there were problems as with the last launches. We need to get out the GOOD news that it is infact working and highlight how Darcoin is the best annon coin and why,...oh and also mention how the 10DRK limit has gone!

i think to move forward from this bloodbath the best thing for now would be to concentrate on our own !
- get development further going (as sure evan is on it)
- some good strong press releases regarding darksend+ and everything
- ignore the price for now (to stay sane) and concentrate on adoption of DRK in a market place ! i think vertoe approach with Open Bazaar is exactly what is needed:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/open-bazaar-integration.2045/
and we should support him wherever we can as this would get us out of the "altcoin box" (promises) to real world adoption and use .... and sure that price will follow ...>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. Your link seems to be broken. I had to google for this one: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/open-bazaar-integration.2045/?

I'd prefer Darkcoin YT Channel over Press Releases, unless these go directly to relevant journalists and other media people, like bloggers and other influencers. If this thingy wants to survive and thrive it should start as a tribe, as a movement, as a viable PRIVACY oriented branch of the Satoshi technology, and slowly re-build respect it deserves.

The ONLY thing that has changed in IMHO is the price. Darksend+ works. Darkcoin works. Mr Market is being temperamental, much like teenage girl with PMS.

I now have a third masternode :D

The tech is there and it's working. Need to spread the news around. As I mentioned above the last big price increased came with press released and interest.

Is there any plan to release a press release? I believe there should be!

Iv come to realize the market may be bitcoins fault, not DRKs. Bter just publicly paid the NXT hacker 1.5 million in BTC. How does that not look bad for BTC.

Darkcoin is to become Bitcoin's attractive younger brother. Related by fork from litecoin and bitcoin with much less drama and more privacy. (for starters)

The tech is there and it's working. Need to spread the news around. As I mentioned above the last big price increased came with press released and interest.

Is there any plan to release a press release? I believe there should be!
I agree, PR and official releases hasn't been coordinated well, this has let us down I think. But the tech works, which is the most important thing.,

I disagree, we are PR and we need more of us. Everyone in the cryptosystem counts and once they notice Darkcoin, they'll know its going to be a fan favorite.

I disagree, we are PR and we need more of us. Everyone in the cryptosystem counts and once they notice Darkcoin, they'll know its going to be a fan favorite.

If you go wayyy back, you will see that the two press released that Evan made and were officially released to the world via channels resulted in a lot of press spreading around outside of the crypto world into the investment world, I remember it being mentioned in wired, bbc, sky news, and more as a result. This increased awareness , buyers and ofcourse price.

I do recall a that time Darkcoin made it in wired, bbc, sky news, and more. Much has yet to come, I feel.
We cant ask for that everyday but they do keep tabs on Darkcoin. The more we demand it, the better.

We are all forging a new future we just need to stand strong together in order to make our dreams become reality. I do understand the people that have left I myself have questioned what the heck I am thinking. When you see 80000 in nearly all profit evaporate it nearly brings a tear to your eye, but that is not what this is about to me. This is about freedom. The freedom to not live as a Tennant on this earth. The freedom to do and create without boundaries. To fund without thought of will someone see this and disagree. Being watched and profiled which I am sure this forum and all others are which is why I am sure these masternodes are a light at the end of tye tunnel. Even if this whole thing were to have the unspeakable happen I would still be proud of what I helped to lay tye foundation for. We are being censored and squashed more and more in everyday life all the time. This needs to succeed selflessly for all of the world. Banks taking our childrens grandchildren in to slavery with contracts being made by people that are so immoral that they would sell their mother. Keep your eye on the prize people this is temporary and as long as our wonderful dev testers spokes people and proponents of privacy keep on keepin on we will come out with so much fulfillment in the end we won't even know how to understand the greatness that we have created. Sorry for the rushed I'll chosen words but I am sure you all get where I am going with this.

Sorry for the edit, but this is the VERY CORE of the idea behind so I "edited" the post only to emphasize the most valuable points!!

We are all forging a new future we just need to stand strong together in order to make our dreams become reality. ... This is about freedom. The freedom to not live as a Tennant on this earth.

The freedom to do and create without boundaries.

To fund without thought of will someone see this and disagree. Being watched and profiled which I am sure this forum and all others are which is why I am sure these masternodes are a light at the end of tye tunnel. Even if this whole thing were to have the unspeakable happen I would still be proud of what I helped to lay tye foundation for. We are being censored and squashed more and more in everyday life all the time. This needs to succeed selflessly for all of the world. Banks taking our childrens grandchildren in to slavery with contracts being made by people that are so immoral that they would sell their mother.

Keep your eye on the prize people this is temporary and as long as our wonderful dev testers spokes people and proponents of privacy keep on keepin on we will come out with so much fulfillment in the end we won't even know how to understand the greatness that we have created.

Thank you for this post. Ditto every word!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The ONLY thing that has changed in IMHO is the price. Darksend+ works. Darkcoin works. Mr Market is being temperamental, much like teenage girl with PMS.

I now have a third masternode :D

"much like teenage girl with PMS."? Don't you think this is sexist? I'm pretty sure the market is run mostly by grown men who are still in puberty. Just look at the ANN thread filled with those men and their drama every single day, i'm pretty sure they've contributed much to the falling price. :p

Back