• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to set up ec2 t1.micro Ubuntu for Masternode part 3/3

Hey Chaeplin
does this work now with RC3 coming ???
(cold wallet)

@chaeplin
Can you add a section at the end of part 3 of the guide that lets a master node owner realize that here node is active and working?
Hence, I am not confident that my master node is configured correctly, running healthy, and is ready for the launch date.

Chaeplin, thanks for the guide.

Hi everyone, a quick question...
I've followed the instructions to update to 11.06.
I've wgetted 11.06, unzipped it & when i darkcoind --help it confirms that it's 11.06.
When I mv darkcoind.1 to darkcoind & start darkcoind, I am back to 11.05. I've done this twice now, what I am doing wrong ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaeplin, thanks for the guide.

Hi everyone, a quick question...
I've followed the instructions to update to 11.06.
I've wgetted 11.06, unzipped it & when i darkcoind --help it confirms that it's 11.06.
When I mv darkcoind.1 to darkcoind & start darkcoind, I am back to 11.05. I've done this twice now, what I am doing wrong ?

try
./darkcoind --help

If this is working, there is another copy of this file in your path, which you can locate with
which darkcoind

Either delete that file, or update it :what:

try

If this is working, there is another copy of this file in your path, which you can locate with

Either delete that file, or update it :what:
Thanks so much, that worked ! If I run the darkcoind that is in my usr/bin, instead of in the directory with the conf file, would that cause the MN to not function correctly ? or would it not make a difference? thanks again :smile:

Thanks so much, that worked ! If I run the darkcoind that is in my usr/bin, instead of in the directory with the conf file, would that cause the MN to not function correctly ? or would it not make a difference? thanks again :smile:
No differerence - regardless what darkcoind is started, by default it's using the darkcoin.conf in
Code:
~/.darkcoin/darkcoin.conf
if not specified otherwise.

10.11.6 contained no changes from 10.11.5 regarding MN functionality.

I had to restart the local wallet as masternode as well, otherwise my mn wasn't listed. Maybe you should add this to the op.

Back