• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hashing Speeds

That's because you're in a pool and it doesn't sound like a very good pool at that.. I'm solo mining lotto and finding blocks but it's random some days can find 2 blocks and then you might not get one for 3 days or so... its still better then most pools

That's because you're in a pool and it doesn't sound like a very good pool at that.. I'm solo mining lotto and finding blocks but it's random some days can find 2 blocks and then you might not get one for 3 days or so... its still better then most pools
Are you properly GPU solo mining with a local wallet only?
I thought this wasn't possible with V12, I couldnt get the RPC to work after V11 was deprecated.
Do you mind giving your config to help explain?
Thanks.

57Ghash is the medium global hash of DASH.
It is 57000MHash and you are @ 25 MHash
That gives you 0,04385% of all hash.
576 blocs a day
if 57GHash gets 576 blocks than
your 25MHash gets 0,04385 blocks a day

Looks like you`re very LUKCY each 3 days ;)

edit: AFAIK solo mining was switched off on v12
meaby he is on a fork? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
lol you can do maths all day but its more random then mathematical, there are too many factors, how many miners, their speeds, their latency, the quality of there hardware and this continuously changes all day long and that's on top of all your calculations... i don't think having 30 miners pulling 300KH each is going to get you far at all when solo mining..... of course the faster miners are going to solve blocks more often, call it luck if you wish but i find blocks on solo lotto on a regular basis and i can tell you that finding a block is far better then the pitiful amounts you will pull from most pools even if it takes you a couple of days to solve, although my 25MH nets me about 1.5 - 3 coins a day on multipool. Ive used builds loaded with gtx 660's, separate miners and i can tell you that my 2x evga 980ti pulling 25MB absolutely kill it.
If you're going to pool mine then do yourself a favor and find the closest server to your location.... Ping it with -t and let it run for awhile, make sure you have a quick connection to the pool otherwise don't expect to gain much.

getting cold here in Canada just setup my R9 290s to heat my garage in winter and im getting 7MH/S per card with Wolf0s mod ,

thx Sub-Ether and Wolf0

57Ghash is the medium global hash of DASH.
It is 57000MHash and you are @ 25 MHash
That gives you 0,04385% of all hash.
576 blocs a day
if 57GHash gets 576 blocks than
your 25MHash gets 0,04385 blocks a day

Looks like you`re very LUKCY each 3 days ;)

edit: AFAIK solo mining was switched off on v12
meaby he is on a fork? :D
Actually it would be 0.252 blocks a day. That gives you a block each... 3.96 days. No?

you`re right :)

0,2526315789473684 block a day, so each ~4 days he gets a block.....

Hei, I have to find out some more stats about my rig and how I compare. :p

GPU:
nVidia GeForce GTX 970 @ stock
Miner:
tpruvot/ccminer 1.7
Rate:
7460 kH/s
Pool: Local wallet + p2pool-dash ee22ec0-dirty

I am not quite sure if I am using the latest/best tools here for my rig.
Any recommendations?

Also I get quite a lot of GPU #0: result for 1440ee33 does not validate on CPU!

Tuppydog Miner Rig #3
GPU0,1,3 = R9 280x
GPU2 = 7970 Sapphire AMD (1000 CPU core speed)

Attachments

• screenshot - Sgminer 5.1.1 - 4GPUs.jpg
    screenshot - Sgminer 5.1.1 - 4GPUs.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Tuppyminer Rig #2
GPU0 - 7970 - 950 Core Clock AMD
GPU1, 2 - R9 280x AMD
Sgminer 5.1.1 - seems maybe a little buggy, can't explain it, but I've checked the program out by using CGwatcher on 6 machines, and did not notice any diverted weird pools like in some of the other Sgminers (4.2) I think with gringo with wolf0 bins. (although that sgminer is good if you use CGwatcher with it, and cancel out the bad pool). The new one seems safe, and way faster, just my 2dash :)

Attachments

• screenshot - Sgminer 5.1.1 - 3GPUs.jpg
    screenshot - Sgminer 5.1.1 - 3GPUs.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 162
Dude 80c that's one hella nice heater and tri x cooled card is it open air or cased?
Well it is winter! use a big case with loads of fans drilled into the cases, I can undervolt the R9 290 triX to -37 millivolts before it crashes as long as I don't open any more windows, the X79 mobo is stressed-something is overheating but it just does 2 cards.

Back