• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

GUI tool for running Masternode with Trezor

Could you make DMT compatible with the latest firmware for the KeepKey? Since the v6.1.0 firmware update, which is the default/stable firmware now, DMT does not recognize that the KeepKey is plugged in. I believe that is because of the USB id change mentioned in their release notes: medium.com/shapeshift-stories/keepkey-release-notes-v6-1-0-2-cad4af2722c0

Thanks for your work on DMT, it makes managing/maintaining masternodes a pleasure!

Could you make DMT compatible with the latest firmware for the KeepKey? Since the v6.1.0 firmware update, which is the default/stable firmware now, DMT does not recognize that the KeepKey is plugged in.

My last attempt to support the v6.x Keepkey firmware ended without success due to bugs in the Keepkey client library that was supposed to support that firmware. I'll check it again, maybe they've fixed the problems since then.

Could you make DMT compatible with the latest firmware for the KeepKey? Since the v6.1.0 firmware update, which is the default/stable firmware now, DMT does not recognize that the KeepKey is plugged in.

Can you tell me on which operating system do you use DMT? I'm going to prepare a test version supporting the latest firmware before I release the official version, of course if you are willing to do such tests.

Can you tell me on which operating system do you use DMT? I'm going to prepare a test version supporting the latest firmware before I release the official version, of course if you are willing to do such tests.
Windows 10. I am happy to test.

On Mac, this version works fine with the latest Keepkey firmware. Unfortunately, I could not test it on Windows, because the latest Keepkey bootloader prevents connecting devices to the virtual machines - the only ones I currently have.
If this build does not work for you, please send me the message that appears.
I ran it and it worked. I was able to vote with my masternode.

The only slightly strange item is that after prompting for the PIN, it then prompted for the decrypt of the config file on the KeepKey, and then it immediately prompted to re-encrypt the config file before prompting again to decrypt and then the main screen popped up. On subsequent runs of the program, it only asked for the decrypt key.

Was there some sort of encryption update/upgrade due to the firmware?

The only slightly strange item is that after prompting for the PIN, it then prompted for the decrypt of the config file on the KeepKey, and then it immediately prompted to re-encrypt the config file before prompting again to decrypt and then the main screen popped up. On subsequent runs of the program, it only asked for the decrypt key.

It should only occur if your config file was encrypted before and was created with an older DMT version (having different config file format). In this case, the app converts the file to the latest format during the startup and then immediately saves it, hence that additional "saving" step.

It should only occur if your config file was encrypted before and was created with an older DMT version (having different config file format). In this case, the app converts the file to the latest format during the startup and then immediately saves it, hence that additional "saving" step.
That explains it. I don't believe I have been able to run the latest version since I had updated my firmware on the KeepKey before it came out.

Thanks for all your help on this!

DashMasternodeTool v0.9.25 released
  • Support for v6.x KeepKey firmware
  • Added the possibility to limit the Trezor connection transport methods with command line parameters.
  • Signing messages with owner/voting key.
  • Export/import of the configuration.
  • Removed the masternode private key field (voided by Dash v0.14)
  • A few minor fixes

Hi, I am getting

Configuration file read error: LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS[-3]

on startup with the latest KeepKey firmware of 6.2.0. I checked both with v0.9.25 and v0.9.25hotfix2.

Hi, I am getting
Configuration file read error: LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS[-3]
on startup with the latest KeepKey firmware of 6.2.0. I checked both with v0.9.25 and v0.9.25 hotfix2.

On some Windows stations, such errors began to appear recently, also for Trezor. I do not know what the cause is yet, but it seems to me that they are related to some Windows updates. Can you check if Dash Electrum works properly with your Keepkey?

DashMasternodeTool v0.9.26 released
Binaries: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/tag/v0.9.26

Changes:
  • Commandline parameters for changing the sig_time random offset range.
  • Ability to explicitly specify the authentication methods for an SSH tunnel from: username/password, RSA private key
  • pair and ssh agent.
  • Workaround for Trezor connection issues (LIBUSB) after Windows update #1903.
  • Showing a message if duplicate masternode information in the configuration may prevent voting.

I've been thinking about the DMT startup screen. For people with just a few nodes, I think the first window they see should be a summary of balances, totals and recent date-times. All that configuration stuff is, of course, essential, but for most times it's static and irrelevant.

I've been thinking about the DMT startup screen. For people with just a few nodes, I think the first window they see should be a summary of balances, totals and recent date-times. All that configuration stuff is, of course, essential, but for most times it's static and irrelevant.

Yes, I completely agree with that. Actually, for a long time I was planning to change the way data is presented in the main program window, but something has always been more important. I will try to implement it in the future, but currently - as I only develop the app after hours - I can't promise when.

Hi Bertrand256,

I'm a masternode owner. A few days ago I tried to move my reward out from trezor ONE by masternode tool, but masternode tool didn't recognise my trezor. I used masternode tool two or three months ago, there was no problem at that time.

I tried another trezor one and trezor T, the masternode tool also can't recognise them. My system is Windows 10. But when I tried masternode tool on my imac the trezors can be recognised.

Both masternode tool and trezor have been updated.

Could you help on that? thanks

I tried another trezor one and trezor T, the masternode tool also can't recognise them. My system is Windows 10. But when I tried masternode tool on my imac the trezors can be recognised.

Both masternode tool and trezor have been updated.

Hi

You are most likely affected by one of the Windows updates published several months ago, like in those two cases: https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/5420 and https://github.com/trezor/trezord-go/issues/167.

Try installing the latest Trezor Bridge and if it doesn't help, you should be able to workaround it by starting DMT as Administrator.

If you think it doesn't apply to you, send me the app's log file.

DashMasternodeTool v0.9.26-hotfix3 released
Binaries: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/tag/v0.9.26-hotfix3

This version is basically a quick fix of the inability of the previous version (i.e. 0.9.26-hotfix2) to connect to v0.16 nodes.

Important: on Oct 9th I'm going to upgrade the "public" RPC nodes (alice, luna) to v0.16, so after that time you won't be able to connect to them with the previous DMT version.

As for the app itself, bigger changes are being prepared for the next versions, which I hope to be releasing in the near future. As a year has passed since the release of the last version, a lot of changes took place in the environment in which the application works (external libraries and hw firmwares), I found that the DMT code should be updated to the current state in order to ensure its correct operation for the next several months. As it requires a considerable amount of work, I will submit a one-time proposal to make this possible in a reasonable timeframe.

Great. Good to have DMT ready and going with Dash's progress. Thnx Bertrand

I see some people trying to use the old version of DMT which does not support dashd v0.16 which is currently running public RPC nodes. If you see the following message in the app: "This call was removed in version 0.16.0. Use the appropriate fields from...", it means that you are just doing this. Please update DMT to v0.9.26-hotfix3, which can be downloaded from https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/tag/v0.9.26-hotfix3.

Maybe an off topic question, would a tool for searching through past votes and finding other MNs that voted the same as your own be possible? Delegating votes could be a great feature but it doesn't seem to be used much, wondering if being able to find other MNs with closely matched voting history and saying "vote the same way" would be a useful feature, either delegated or just in-app. Thanks.

Back