• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

GUI tool for running Masternode with Trezor

Hi Bertrand! I try to connect my Ledger Nano S but I get the error message "Exception : Invalid sequence" when I test the hardware wallet connection. My Ledger is unlocked and I get the message in the Ledger main menu and directly in the DASH app. My system: Ubuntu 16.04 64bit / Ledger Nano S Secure Element 1.4.1 MCU 1.5 / DMT v0.9.18.

Hi Bertrand! I try to connect my Ledger Nano S but I get the error message "Exception : Invalid sequence" when I test the hardware wallet connection. My Ledger is unlocked and I get the message in the Ledger main menu and directly in the DASH app. My system: Ubuntu 16.04 64bit / Ledger Nano S Secure Element 1.4.1 MCU 1.5 / DMT v0.9.18.

Hi, Please send me a log file via DM. Thanks.

It turned out that there was a problem with the machine which I'm using to compile Linux binaries, but it has been fixed. Updated binaries for Linux can be downloaded from the original url: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash...0.9.18/DashMasternodeTool_0.9.18.linux.tar.gz

Hello,

I'm trying to use DMT 0.9.18 for Linux to withdraw masternode earnings for the first time. (It worked great for setting up masternode with Trezor)

After choosing to transfer funds from the masternode and selecting the TXIDs, putting in the destination address and hitting "Prepare Transaction", I get:

"No BIP32 path for UTXO (the transaction ID)
Cannot continue."

Curiously there is nothing in the chart under Path for any row. The other columns are populated with information.

Thanks for the great tool, you have my vote.

"No BIP32 path for UTXO (the transaction ID)
Cannot continue."

For some reason the BIP32 path is not passed from your masternode configuration or is lost along the way. I will investigate this later (I have to prepare a compilation with an enhanced logging), but for now let's try to workaround the issue by switching to another view in the payment window - this mode desn't rely on paths read from the app configuration.

For this, do the following:
  • open the payment window as before
  • change "View as" to "Wallet account"
  • change "Account" to the account number holding the collateral address of your masternode
upload_2018-5-13_9-48-55.png

When UTXOs show up check if the 'Path' column contains paths as in the screenshot above. If yes, you should be able to prepare a transaction.

After finishing the DMT version with the enhanced logging I will contact you via DM to pin down the issue related to passing BIP32 paths from the configuration.

BTW. Thank you for your vote for my proposal.

For some reason the BIP32 path is not passed from your masternode configuration or is lost along the way. I will investigate this later (I have to prepare a compilation with an enhanced logging), but for now let's try to workaround the issue by switching to another view in the payment window - this mode desn't rely on paths read from the app configuration.

For this, do the following:
  • open the payment window as before
  • change "View as" to "Wallet account"
  • change "Account" to the account number holding the collateral address of your masternode
View attachment 7318

When UTXOs show up check if the 'Path' column contains paths as in the screenshot above. If yes, you should be able to prepare a transaction.

After finishing the DMT version with the enhanced logging I will contact you via DM to pin down the issue related to passing BIP32 paths from the configuration.

BTW. Thank you for your vote for my proposal.

Thank you, that worked. Let me know how I can help further.

v0.9.18 of Dash Masternode Tool is prompting me to download v0.9.19. But when I click the link, I get a 404 on GitHub. What's more, I also don't see this newer version anywhere on GitHub.com/bertrand256. Is there some kind of error on my end?

Thanks in advance for the software, by the way, and congrats on the continued development prop passing.

v0.9.18 of Dash Masternode Tool is prompting me to download v0.9.19. But when I click the link, I get a 404 on GitHub. What's more, I also don't see this newer version anywhere on GitHub.com/bertrand256. Is there some kind of error on my end?

Thanks in advance for the software, by the way, and congrats on the continued development prop passing.

Thanks. The issue was on my side - there was an unplanned delay between publishing information about the new version and the release files. Now, the binary files are available on GitHub.

Thank you, that worked. Let me know how I can help further.

Thanks for the feedback.
I would appreciate your help in taking some additional information on your computer with v0.9.10, of course if you have at least one UTXO left:
  • open the configuration window
  • on the 'Miscellaneous' tab change log level to "Debug"
  • open the payment window from the masternode(s) perspective, just like when the issue of missing paths occurred
  • click "Prepare Transaction"
  • note the messsage and close the payment window
  • open log file (Tools->Open log file) and send me its contents via DM or email (bertrand256 at protonmail.com)
Thanks.

In a few days a migration to v12.3 will begin, so it's time for some practical tips related to this process for those of you who use DashMasternodeTool to controll the masternode collateral.

DashMasternodeTool version
Use the latest DMT version (v0.9.20), which is designed to work with v12.3 RPC nodes (https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/latest). Older versions may or may not work, depending on what RPC node version you will be connected to.

Dashd protocol upgrade
Dashd v12.3 works with the new protocol version (70210), therefore after the upgrade of your mn binaries, it will be necessary to send the 'start masternode' message. !!!! Keep in mind that after doing this, the place in the payment queue will be reset, so the most reasonable moment for this is just after receiving the payment.

Verify the protocol version in DMT
During the migration period, DMT can be used to start either v12.3 or v12.2 nodes. However, the application is not able to guess the version of the Dash daemon on the "other side", which means you must specify the correct protocol version to be sent by DMT in the start masternode message. It is your task then, to make sure that the version is suitable for your masternode.

Steps:
1. In the main window, select the masternode you want to start

2. Check the default protocol version
upload_2018-7-2_23-3-36.png

3. If it is other than 70210, click <Edit>, uncheck <Use default protocol version> and enter the "70210" value (without quotes)
upload_2018-7-2_23-6-37.png

If for some reason, you want to start a masternode based on v12.2 daemon, use the protocol version "70208".

Last edited:
Recently I noticed that @chaeplin stopped maintaining the dashmnb project. I would like to take this opportunity to thank him once again for his great project and remind everyone that DMT core features were based on the dashmnb source code and without it, I probably would not have started this project at all. Knowledge existing in dashmnb allowed me to release the most important functions (such as starting masternode) very quickly and almost effortlessly.

I consider the DMT project itself as an aid needed temporarily on the way to the target model, in which the MNOs will not be too dependent on any additional tools. Looking at the direction of changes, it seems that v12.4 will be a significant step in this direction.

Back