• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

GUI tool for running Masternode with Trezor

I can happily confirm, that in my case the "NFC" encoding works and I can move the funds!
Also tested with "NFKD" and there was the error as expected.

I'm also happy that I do not need to re-setup everything because of this.
So thanks a lot for a very clever solution! :)

Thank you for confirming that the solution works for you.

For those who are interested in building DMT executables themselves, I have just published:

a) documentation of the process
Mac: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/blob/master/doc/build-dmt-mac.md
Windows: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/blob/master/doc/build-dmt-windows.md
Linux Ubuntu: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/blob/master/doc/build-dmt-linux-ubuntu.md
Linux Fedora: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/blob/master/doc/build-dmt-linux-fedora.md

b) Docker images for building DMT executables for Linux
URL: https://hub.docker.com/r/bertrand256/build-dmt/tags/
  • bertrand256/build-dmt:fedora
  • bertrand256/build-dmt:ubuntu

Last edited:
According to the information that I've posted while releasing v0.9.16, I've changed the two "public" RPC servers configuration (alice and luna), specifically their listen TCP port number (from 8080 to 443) and the domain name (from dash-dmt.eu to dash-masternode-tool.org).

The appropriate changes in the DMT configuration should be carried out automatically by the application itself (v >= 0.5.16), so if the application shows the "UNKNOWN PROTOCOL" message while connecting to the network, you are probably using the old version (< 0.9.16) or something other has happend that prevent DMT from upgrading the configuration.

In this case I suggest you upgrading to the lastest app version (if you are using the old one) or modify the configuration manually, by changing the RPC servers entries:

alice.dash-dmt.eu:8080 -> alice.dash-masternode-tool.org:443
luna.dash-dmt.eu:8080 -> luna.dash-masternode-tool.org:443

Last edited:
A brief update of what is being brewing as part of the next version of DMT:
  • TESTNET support
  • working with variuos configuration files (the open/save features)
  • payment window: the possibility of sending only a part of an UTXO
  • payment window: the possibility of making payment to multiple Dash addresses
  • payment window: saving (with optinal encryption) the list of recipients to the file for later use, importing recipients from a CSV file
  • payment window: the possibility defining amounts as a percentage of the total inputs value
  • rebuilding the main window to make room for later changes - adding a main menu and using iconic toobar buttons to save space
  • ... and many other small fixes

I'm not sure I want this to be a full-on wallet. Personally, I'm happy to withdraw individual UTXOs. Please consider priorities; I'm more interested in pre-proposal discussions / analysis and I think DMT could be a good tool for that i.e. not having to jump between DMT and web browser.

I'm not sure I want this to be a full-on wallet. Personally, I'm happy to withdraw individual UTXOs. Please consider priorities; I'm more interested in pre-proposal discussions / analysis and I think DMT could be a good tool for that i.e. not having to jump between DMT and web browser.

A few words about the priorities, because it may not be obvious to everyone.

The most important feature in the upcoming version is the support of TESTNET.
Here's why:
  • to analyze some of the issues reported and to improve some existing features, it is sometimes necessary to turn off a masternode for a certain time, which with the use of production masternodes isn't very efficient from a finacial point of view
  • I'd like the app to be prepared up front for the upcoming changes in the Dash protocol, which is very hard without the ability of performing prior tests in TESTNET
As transferring of tDash is not supported by official Trezor / Keepkey / Ledger web wallets, it would not be possible (or would be very hard) to fully support TESTNET without extending the 'Sending funds' functionality in DMT. As an example I could mention a preparation of a 1000 Dash collateral transaction for a testnet masternode, but there are also a few other important use-cases. Because of this, the priority of this task is strictly related to the former.

The important thing is, that I didn't change the existing method of composing a transaction inputs: it's still based on selecting individual UTXO-s. Most of the changes I've mentioned are related to the definition of the recipient(s). These modifications were also requested by several different MNOs.

Regarding the feature in DMT, allowing the user to comment (pre)proposals, I am very open to supporting this process somehow, but I have no idea how to do it properly, so as not to introduce an addtional clutter that may result from moving some comments from Dashcentral or Dash Forum to a third place.

If you have an idea how to do it sensibly considering Dashcentral and Dash forum, I am open to suggestions.

I think a DMT proposal forum would be relatively easy to setup. Tbh, I don't care if the comments are managed from a central server, we can deal with decentralization at a much later date. Nor do I care that much about diluting the discussion; if you like, that is true decentralization e.g. proposals are discussed on discord and forums, and some people (such as myself) barely bother with discord. But if you're really determined not to dilute the conversation, you could build an API for others to use.

But anyway, the point is, by building a forum, we get tight integration with hardware wallets, which is most MNOs. Indeed, there has been much discussion about filtering out trolls.

I think a DMT proposal forum would be relatively easy to setup. Tbh, I don't care if the comments are managed from a central server, we can deal with decentralization at a much later date. Nor do I care that much about diluting the discussion; if you like, that is true decentralization e.g. proposals are discussed on discord and forums, and some people (such as myself) barely bother with discord. But if you're really determined not to dilute the conversation, you could build an API for others to use.

But anyway, the point is, by building a forum, we get tight integration with hardware wallets, which is most MNOs. Indeed, there has been much discussion about filtering out trolls.

To avoid working on an "echo chamber" solution I will prepare a poll to verify what is the interest in such a solution among MNOs. If there is interest I will consider the implementation of this seriously.

Unfortunately, I could not finish all the changes planned for the version 0.9.18 by the end of March, as I had planned earlier. I need a few more days to achieve a satisfactory quality.

As this version has the implemented support for Trezor T, those of you who urgently need this functionality can use a modified version 0.9.17 with this support, which I prepared several days ago. If you are not up to date with my Discord channel, here is the link to the files: https://keybase.pub/bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/executables/0.9.17T/

BTW, here is a glimpse on how the new version will look like (main window and payment window):
upload_2018-3-30_21-54-2.png

On your screenshot, I can see the recipient addresses but no further notes / recipient details.
I can add such a field but it would only be used to save it along with the recipient list with the "Save to file" feature:
upload_2018-3-30_23-5-31.png

Now, only the destination address and the amount are saved to a file, but that''s not a big problem to add this descriptory field.
Is this what you'd like to have?

For now, I could not use this information to save it along with the transaction history as it is in the Trezor wallet - DMT does not show the transaction history.

I can add such a field but it would only be used to save it along with the recipient list with the "Save to file" feature:
View attachment 6813

Now, only the destination address and the amount are saved to a file, but that''s not a big problem to add this descriptory field.
Is this what you'd like to have?

For now, I could not use this information to save it along with the transaction history as it is in the Trezor wallet - DMT does not show the transaction history.

I was just thinking of user friendliness.

DashMasternodeTool v0.9.18 released.

Executable files: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/tag/v0.9.18

Changes:
  • Support for Dash Testnet (Options->Dash network)
  • Support for Trezor T hardware wallets
  • Switching between configurations (the File menu)
  • Config files encryption with hardware wallets (Options->Miscellaneous->Encrypt configuration file)
  • Toolbar and main menu in the main app window
  • Uploading firmware to hardware wallets, dedicated mainly for uploading custom firmware with support for TESTNET, but can be also used for downloading and installation of an official firmware
  • Improvements in payment window: improved UTXO selection, showing UTXOs for multiple addresses composing a "wallet account", multiple transaction recipients, saving recipients list in an external file that can be encrypted with hw:
dmt-transfer-funds-select-utxos.png
With this version, I finish my proposal from October 2017 - it was initially planned for 4 months, but I could extend it thanks to Dash price appreciation.

Awesome job Bertrand.
Thank you for this master piece of soft.
+100!

Greetings

I tried to help my friend to get up and running but we have a little drama when we try to start the masternode tool. Something standard is probably missing but we fail figuring out what it might be:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dash_masternode_tool.py", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'main_dlg'
[22045] Failed to execute script dash_masternode_tool

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dash_masternode_tool.py", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'main_dlg'
[22045] Failed to execute script dash_masternode_tool

Hi,
It's not an easy case, so I need more information:
- what's the version of DMT?
- what's the OS type and version?
- if it's windows, verify if the second executable (32-bit if running 64 bit) also fails
- does the previus/next version of the app throw the same error?

Hi,
It's not an easy case, so I need more information:
- what's the version of DMT?
- what's the OS type and version?
- if it's windows, verify if the second executable (32-bit if running 64 bit) also fails
- does the previus/next version of the app throw the same error?

Hi

That was fast. I'm trying to get the latest version (v0.9.18) up and running on a Ubuntu 16.04, 64 bit. Didn't try any previous version but we did have some problems with upgrading the python3. After installing the latest the older version of python3 was still the default version. I just made a "alias python3 = python3.6" and I thought to myself that this if probably not the cleanest way of doing things. But I did something similar when I installed DMT on my machine and got away with it. Is main_dlg a python module?

Thank you!

Hi

That was fast. I'm trying to get the latest version (v0.9.18) up and running on a Ubuntu 16.04, 64 bit. Didn't try any previous version but we did have some problems with upgrading the python3. After installing the latest the older version of python3 was still the default version. I just made a "alias python3 = python3.6" and I thought to myself that this if probably not the cleanest way of doing things. But I did something similar when I installed DMT on my machine and got away with it. Is main_dlg a python module?

Thank you!
Are you executing the app from python sources? If yes, check what exactly python version you have (python --version). The app requires v3.6. In case you have missed it, I've published executable binaries for all three major OS-es, also for linux. These executales don't require external python interpreter - they have it own inside the exe: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash...0.9.18/DashMasternodeTool_0.9.18.linux.tar.gz

Back