• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

GetFreeDash campaign must be stopped ASAP

@Dashmaximalist Your project is amongsthe few good ideas for the important problem of dash distribution. The money that has been lost to fraud is nothing. Paypal lost $1m a day to fraud in the initial days doesnt mean it wasnt useful.

On the other hand, einstiens are willing to fund inflated venezuela proposals, advertising and sponsorships with zero understanding of real costs for the lowest end work.
All these sweet looking venezuelans are raking it in through fake budgets and people arent asking them any questions.

People are trying to market dash like a cola.

Get this straight: Things that work here are mostly advertising, sponsorship or zero roi journalism related. Or if you have backing.

The way the masternode community has treated you is a shame. It shows transparency and hard work is overrated.
I really think you should forget about this and start organizing conferences or learn how to dress up like ben swann if you want to make money.

Maybe then you will have the likes of @Macrochip and @TroyDASH cheering you on with 1000 dash.

I am so relieved to see this, finally someone who understands my struggle. Thanks for your support!

I mean you should allow everyone to subscribe into your platform with a username and password, evaluate the quality of your reports and be able to post relevant reports (or answers) in a link nearby.
You should also allow the viewer to filter these additional reports, not neccessarily based on the ratings of all users, but also based on the ratings of the subscribed users who have be declared by the viewer as friends.

Hi demo, that's a good suggestion! Our first iteration of this is to create accounts and dashboards for proposal owners and then we can look into building out a community user interface. We're definitely interested in the community giving us feedback and evaluating our work - there needs to be watchmen who watch Dash Watch. We will add this suggestion to our development pipeline and do the best we can to implement it with our current budget.

Good on you @mastermined to figure out that the zero-roi journalism related proposal I was referring to was dashforcenews.
Guilty as charged.

People hate me here because I speak the truth. I am sure everyone loves the DFN gang that is why no one asked @thedesertlynx and @mastermined about the return on investment for the network (which is 0).

@thedesertlynx also did a first rate hitjob on @JZA to kill competition. We all remember that.

I would shudder pay $1000 for such pathetic content. But no one has the courage to take them on .

@DeepBlue was right about their quality of content but he is now seen as a troll.

But as they say, all animals are equal on this farm except some who are more equal than the others.

Hey Macrochip,

This paragraph you wrote sounds more appropriate for Ben Swann than for @Dashmaximalist

How can we tout success when it's the same bunch of people receiving free money over and over at the expense of our network? How does it help the DAO being robbed blind? The damage is done. The question is do we just suck it up (again!) and act like nothing happened? I say no. The only reasonable and responsible way forward is to shut down the program to prevent further theft. The money is literally burnt and letting this go on another day would be pure insanity.

This message was posted by dashmaximalist aka cryptoridez today on Discord:

stolendash.png

This is not the first time this has happened. And an apology is not enough this time. This campaign was advertised with a six figure amount of signups (140,000 is the latest number I'm aware of). Now you have to ask yourself how many of those were fake? How can we tout "100K signups, success! GO DASH!!" when it's the same bunch of people receiving free money over and over at the expense of our network? How does it help the DAO being robbed blind? The damage is done. The question is do we just suck it up (again!) and act like nothing happened? I say no. The only reasonable and responsible way forward is to shut down the program to prevent further theft. The money is literally burnt and letting this go on another day would be pure insanity.

I strongly urge any MNOs to switch their votes to NO on this proposal due to the reasons stated above.

This isn't even about Dash alone by the way: Dash"maximalist" has launched the same exact proposal/campaign over at SmartCash. How many coins are being stolen there from fake signups right now? The SmartCash community might want to know...

What if there was a way to get people to do work that is useful to the network in return for their free dash?

By making people do more than possess a cell phone, it raises the barrier to entry. By requiring them to do something, it may increase the ROI of the airdrops.

Just brainstorming out loud here at the moment. Maybe someone else will spark an idea from this one.

Side note: I wonder what happens to the dash people get from airdrops/giveaways? It would be interesting to analyze and track that. It might give us some ideas.

Good on you @mastermined to figure out that the zero-roi journalism related proposal I was referring to was dashforcenews.
Guilty as charged.

People hate me here because I speak the truth. I am sure everyone loves the DFN gang that is why no one asked @thedesertlynx and @mastermined about the return on investment for the network (which is 0).

@thedesertlynx also did a first rate hitjob on @JZA to kill competition. We all remember that.

I would shudder pay $1000 for such pathetic content. But no one has the courage to take them on .

@DeepBlue was right about their quality of content but he is now seen as a troll.

But as they say, all animals are equal on this farm except some who are more equal than the others.

If Joel was doing a hit job on JZA to kill competition then why has he said nothing about Dash Brazil, one of the more successful Dash media projects. Claiming that the thing with JZA had anything to do with killing competition is ludicrous...

Assuming that @Dashmaximalist can present and implement a plan to detect, prevent, and combat fraudulent accounts, we should continue funding this proposal.

It may be the most cost-effective way to on-board new Dash users.

There have been at least ten red flags regarding the getfreedash proposals:

RED FLAG #1: 150 Dash was more than it needed to be.
RED FLAG #2: An additional 550 Dash was requested two weeks after the first proposal was funded. The request was made too quickly after the success of the first proposal.
RED FLAG #3: A static spreadsheet of transactions was provided as evidence of work done. If no analysis is done, one could conclude that it was a lot of transactions and a great expense. A brief analysis proved otherwise: 57,370 transactions to 48,818 distinct Dash Addresses, for a total of approximately $42,651.50 USD. This was the evidence provided to support the need for 550 additional Dash per month.
RED FLAG #4: This project does all of its accounting in USD, making it impossible to know how much dash has been given away.
RED FLAG #5: Getfreedash.com sends transactions in batches, not one by one. A promise was made to change this.
RED FLAG #6: People have been complaining that they are not getting paid and that the people that they have referred to the program are also not getting paid. This even though the website claims that payments have been made to these members. Numerous complaints sent to the “approved channels of communication” have been ignored by the proposal owner. This has been going on since the project received its second payment of 150 Dash.
RED FLAG #7: Getfreedash.com implements a referral program which pays amounts that are encouraging to fraudsters.
RED FLAG #8: No successes or milestones have been posted by the proposal owner.
RED FLAG #9: You can only sign up for an account on getfreedash.com if you live in particular countries such as Venezuela. You must have a cellphone in one of those countries. This makes it impossible to independently verify that the website is doing what is promises to do.

It is possible that RED FLAG #6 explains why the proposal owner has come forward with news of a “major fraud” estimated by him to have resulted in improper payouts of $10,000 USD. Whatever the case, the event of “major fraud” is RED FLAG #10.

@ec1warc1 Great points. How many red flags can you count for Ben Swann ? I am sure none because he doesnt promise any metric.

I am surprised that an underrated star doer like you is not willing to overlook problems in maximalists work but is very willing to sign off on

Open budgetary frauds by venezuela projects. ($150000 to organize a conference in caracas. give me a break)
1200 dash being burnt on completely useless advertising by feedbands
800 dash to swann every month

This smells of double standards...

I'm new around here but the monthly budget is there, MNOs are smart to be risk-takers at this early stage of the Dash project, and some research into recent proposals suggests there is a lot of room for improvement across the board. Conclusion: money is inevitably going to be misspent.

Why? Because there is not enough competition for treasury funds. Yes, there are more proposals than can be funded but the quality of the proposals can be improved.

If we want to see better proposals, we need to create them and help others create them. That's the free market at work. Like how short sellers hold the feet of fraudulent firms to the fire and how inventors create better products, we need to figure out mechanisms for holding funding recipients to a high degree of accountability and we need to create better proposals and help others improve their proposals.

I suspect the best way forward is to bring lots of active and informed new users into Dash, identify and cultivate potential new leaders and get them moving towards Dash treasury proposals, because with greater competion will almost certainly come greater quality.

Last edited:

What do you know about my standards? I am particularly interested in getfreedash.com because it is so similar to my own project dash.red. I would hold getfreedash.com to the same standards that I hold for my own project.

This post is about getfreedash.com. If you wish to start a post about any other project, go right ahead. I might agree with you, perhaps not. But comparing my opinion regarding getfreedash.com to what you THINK are my opinions regarding other projects is inappropriate.

@ec1warc1 Dash.red is a very good use case.Your work is high quality.
You should ask for much more than 44 dash and spend it all in the same way.

Getting back, the kind of projects you support or go after is strange.
Maximalist is trying his best. he owned up to being stung by fraud.
The same thing can happen to you tomorrow but you should still be supported.

You support giving away huge sums of money to people who promote no use case, only ads or sponsorship.
But offer no support to people trying to do the difficult work.

I never heard you say the Ben Swann did nothing, despite no evidence of him promoting any use for dash. Just his own show.

Maximalist is trying his best.

Perhaps he is trying his best. That could be. However, the claim that he is trying to create a similar website for SmartCash is troubling to me. The claim is not without evidence:
https://vote.smartcash.cc/Proposal/...in-venezuela-by-signingup-100000-users-phase1

The writing style is his, but perhaps it is someone else. Someone should verify this. Why would he try the same business model with another group when he has so many unresolved problems with the project he created for Dash?

The other thing that I find objective with "trying his best" is the demeanor in his posts. His posts remind me of TheDashGuy.

There is NO EXCUSE for not paying people who have completed the tasks requested on his website, especially when he has been funded.

I find no need for me to defend my opinions regarding other projects in this post. This post is not about comparing MY STANDARDS from project to project.

I never heard you say the Ben Swann did nothing
What does that even mean or have to do with getfreedash.com? It's utter nonsense.

dashguy totally burned his rep. if he promised coinbase integration for 200 dash, his proposal wouldnt pass. lol

I appreciate maximalists work but I am not so sure of my appreciation if he went ahead and pitched to smartcash..
that would be a .... move. Many of the venezuela people are doing the same, that's very low..
@Dashmaximalist is that you or has someone just copy pasted it?

It is ludicrous how much of treasury has been gifted away to vested interests, to proposals adding no value to dash use.
1200 to feedbands and 800 to swann is insane when there are so many good projects for 50 dash, 100 dash, 200 dash.

@ec1warc1 Great points. How many red flags can you count for Ben Swann ? I am sure none because he doesnt promise any metric.

I am surprised that an underrated star doer like you is not willing to overlook problems in maximalists work but is very willing to sign off on

Open budgetary frauds by venezuela projects. ($150000 to organize a conference in caracas. give me a break)
1200 dash being burnt on completely useless advertising by feedbands
800 dash to swann every month

Stop pushing your personal agenda in every damn thread. Nobody gives a fuck about your personal butthurt over Ben Swann. This thread is about GetFreeDash and GetFreeDash alone, so kindly shut the fuck up if you have nothing useful to contribute. Thanks. Btw I reported every single offtopic post of yours in here.

Assuming that @Dashmaximalist
It may be the most cost-effective way to on-board new Dash users.

Cost effective how?

Can you prove that the 140k signups are real people (or at least an overwhelming supermajority)? Can you prove that it increases adoption and usage of Dash?

Because if you can't prove any of that you can't reasonably declare it "cost effective", least of all "the most" cost effective when you lack the data to back up such a statement. So far this campagin had no effect on transactions per day nor active wallets per day, despite the fact that this proposal was specifically designed to increase adoption and usage! Didn't happen as anyone can check on bitinfocharts.

i did enough giveaways in my time here
to have learned : you always get scammed !
u have to be very good to not be ! (and “very good” means a ton of man power )
so 10-15% are easy something which u can write off from the beginning on unfortunately

Tungfa, the only question you need to ask yourself here is: Do you really want this proposal to eat up another 150 Dash from which an unknown amount is going to be paid to scammers? I remind you that we don't know the actual number of how much was lost. Only that 10k is the absolute minimum. Plus read the red flags Edward posted above!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back