• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Forking Megathread

No, testnet is perfeclty fine. We are simply not using it correctly. The source code has too many exceptions for testnet and we go live on main net even with big major issues left behind.

I disagree.

Software Version ZERO.ONEONE

Mainnet is still testnet. Testnet is too small and too sterile. You can't even generate the conditions there to test adversely. Even in other industries, you never really know what your product is going to do until about 100,000 people buy it... The general public can fuck up anything...

People just need an attitude adjustment. This is deep beta. 0.11 - I know we all want adoption and to buy a McMansion on the moon with plenty left over, but detaching one's self from reality won't make reality change... Ask a democrat. No, wait, that won't do any good...

I disagree.

Software Version ZERO.ONEONE

Mainnet is still testnet. Testnet is too small and too sterile. You can't even generate the conditions there to test adversely. Even in other industries, you never really know what your product is going to do until about 100,000 people buy it... The general public can fuck up anything...

People just need an attitude adjustment. This is deep beta. 0.11 - I know we all want adoption and to buy a McMansion on the moon with plenty left over, but detaching one's self from reality won't make reality change... Ask a democrat. No, wait, that won't do any good...
Reread my quote again. There were critical known issues on testnet at the time we went live. I don't see a reason why we should go live on main network with known issues.

I agree that main network is the better testnet, but as long as we have bugs unfixed on testnet, why bothering going live?

Back