• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea ;) The Qt interface is a separate part and interacts through clientmodel, walletmodel, etc., right? I'd need those to return the data given by the client, mnbudget, mnfinalbudget, etc? Playing around making a popup window for MN data and maybe voting if I can get that far and I had an error with signals, looking around at how that part works and I've not come across anything so far. Didn't look around long though, thought I'd ask in case its already been done elsewhere. Think I'm on 12.1 but moo helped me out with git, its working and I don't want to bugger it up, will have a look for the version now.

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea ;) The Qt interface is a separate part and interacts through clientmodel, walletmodel, etc., right? I'd need those to return the data given by the client, mnbudget, mnfinalbudget, etc? Playing around making a popup window for MN data and maybe voting if I can get that far and had an error with signals, looking around at how that part works now and I've not come across anything so far. Didn't look around long though, thought I'd ask in case its already been done elsewhere. Think I'm on 12.1 but moo helped me out with git, its working and I don't want to bugger it up, will have a look for the version now.
Oh.... This thread is all about the wallet qt GUI.... I guess you haven't seen how the qt interface has changed from when we had two versions, 9 (with no DS) and 10 (with DS), which was a fork from Litecoin. Then we moved on to v11 which was the first version forked from Bitcoin... Then crowning added a bunch of features to the wallet... So many things have happened. You have to look up the test threads to read, sorry. And yes the qt can give you info about masternode. Go to the debug screen and type in "masternode help", you'll see. :)

Not yet. It's on my ToDo list, but right now I'm swamped with work in my 'other' life, so the implementation has to wait a bit.
But it's not forgotten :smile:
I guess I didn't understand his question... Are you planning to make the wallet qt to pop out a screen with MN and Budget info like DashNinja?

I guess I didn't understand his question... Are you planning to make the wallet qt to pop out a screen with MN and Budget info like DashNinja?

Nope, my plan is to add another tab to the "Tools" window, like this:

MN.jpg

Was having a look and thought that'd be the right spot today, not familiar with the RPC commands but should be okish and it'd be a lot easier not having to learn the whole gui, not getting on well with that stuff at all. Anyone done a scripting language for the RPC commands? You could make building blocks with that thing, something like the ladder logic :)

EDIT: This kind of thing but for transactions, displays, external plugins:

Had a few more thoughts on that, quite a bit different to the ladder logic example but the same kind of principle. Imho it could be something very useful but I'm kind of stalled with Qt (I don't get on well with OO at all) and any thoughts on it would be appreciated, I'll keep going if others think it has potential but if it looks like something niche then I'll spend some time on the OpenBaazar stuff instead. Cheers.

EDIT: Just realised I kind of talked over Moli after reading back through. Sorry, wasn't intentional.

Nope, my plan is to add another tab to the "Tools" window, like this:

View attachment 1962

I've been playing around with this again today and getting on ok with clientmodel and rpcconsole, any thoughts on what info to show in there? This was just a few routines to get comfortable with it and I'll get things more detailed like the "Number of Masternodes" string in the information tab but I'd likely add too much information so could do with knowing what's actually wanted in there.

VkjmZsb.png

I've been playing around with this again today and getting on ok with clientmodel and rpcconsole, any thoughts on what info to show in there? This was just a few routines to get comfortable with it and I'll get things more detailed like the "Number of Masternodes" string in the information tab but I'd likely add too much information so could do with knowing what's actually wanted in there.

Most people would like to see the budget stuff like displayed here: http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Dash/masternode_payments_stats.html

Since the number of budget-proposals isn't fix a table is needed for all that information. Have a look at transactiontablemodel.cpp, transactionrecord.cpp, transactionview.cpp and transactionfilterproxy.cpp to get an idea how it's done.

That's quite some work for your first feature implementation. But you'll learn a lot along that way :)

Most people would like to see the budget stuff like displayed here: http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Dash/masternode_payments_stats.html

Since the number of budget-proposals isn't fix a table is needed for all that information. Have a look at transactiontablemodel.cpp, transactionrecord.cpp, transactionview.cpp and transactionfilterproxy.cpp to get an idea how it's done.

That's quite some work for your first feature implementation. But you'll learn a lot along that way :)

Thanks :) I was trying to bite off a bit too much earlier with QGraphicsView and interactive widgets but this is mostly copying existing parts with a bit of tweaking so it's fairly straight forward and I'm getting up to speed and finding my way around better now. I'll see if I can get a table in there tidily, trying to keep it nice and clean like the info tab but might be able to do something with summaries and expanding with detailed info but the working out for the payment info will take me a while, nice to have those tasty figures in there though :)

Slowly getting there...

ofhePTS.png

Still a lot to do but getting my head around the models and views was the hard part, should be able to use the existing masternode-budget calls for all the data needed. Any thoughts on what to do with the budget hashes? I'd imagine they should be the primary reference but they're a bit awkward to display.

Any thoughts on what to do with the budget hashes? I'd imagine they should be the primary reference but they're a bit awkward to display.

Put the basic info in this table and either add a column with a "Details" button, or state somewhere "Click on entry for details" and make the lines clickable.
When clicked just open a standard popup with budget hash, or like I did with the complete voting command, and whatever else the end-user might be interested in.

Put the basic info in this table and either add a column with a "Details" button, or state somewhere "Click on entry for details" and make the lines clickable.
When clicked just open a standard popup with budget hash, or like I did with the complete voting command, and whatever else the end-user might be interested in.

Popup windows? That'll take me another week or two to figure out ;) I'll play around with it a bit and see how things look, was thinking a single row below the table just for the hash might be another option, easy to copy and paste and can display detailed info the same way as the peers tab then.

Lots to do before the polishing stage though, not even got the sorting routines done yet. I'll probably try to do the detailed info as a child of each row to allow for a treeview unless there's some reason that's a bad idea, it looks like that would have been a better way to do the detailed peer table data but I'm guessing there's some reason it fetches that data separately to the table data.

It's here fwiw, lots of cleaning up to do though:
https://github.com/stan-distortion/dash/tree/2015-11-04

EDIT: Complete voting command?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back