• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote is for #4!
It utilizes all of the real estate of the interface, has a great color scheme, and all of the options are clear and well laid out...
Only issue I see is what about us guys that have 100,000 drk. How is that going to display in the bottom left corner? :)
:), if you have 100k drk... I dont think you care what it looks like.

my opinion, for what its worth is option #2. with the caveat that we can still choose the original wallet in settings. (Im old and resist change)

that being said, I do like the new look.

Option 1:

AAI7fSc.jpg

Option 2:

rVOuHAL.jpg

Option 3:

iDrR9zn.jpg

Option 4:

tRZoBuM.jpg

Fantastic work, each of these are a big step in the right direction. Having to choose one, "Option 1" is my favorite of the four. Really enjoying the lighter colors and overall theme.
The Darkcoin logo "pops" MUCH better in the top left corner when on a white background. I would stick with something similar.

Cheers!

Hello, Guys, I finally have some design proposals for the GUI ready, these are just mock-ups we used all the different material that was available including raze (thank you) samples to come up with a few options. These are artistic mock-ups once we finalized on something I would need some guidance as to the specific resources image sizes etc, required to turn it into a GUI.

Option 1:
Uxd0tk0.jpg

Option 2:

yUqs8dM.jpg

Option 3:

JOyGnXm.jpg

Option 4:

vvAwW8M.jpg

Please provide some feedback on which option you like the most or what changes you would like to see.
Hello, Guys, I finally have some design proposals for the GUI ready, these are just mock-ups we used all the different material that was available including raze (thank you) samples to come up with a few options. These are artistic mock-ups once we finalized on something I would need some guidance as to the specific resources image sizes etc, required to turn it into a GUI.

Option 1:
Uxd0tk0.jpg

Option 2:

yUqs8dM.jpg

Option 3:

JOyGnXm.jpg

Option 4:

vvAwW8M.jpg

Please provide some feedback on which option you like the most or what changes you would like to see.
Version No.3 is excellent but I would have the 'circular' Darkcoin Logo top left ...two different logos for Darkcoin at the moment, time to decide on just one?

Version No.3 with the white background is excellent but I would like to see the 'circular' Darkcoin Logo in the top left corner. Good job!

Lol someone reorders the designs as per his personal favours and now people tend to use the new numbering. I'm totally lost! Which one was no.3 initially?

-----EDIT-----

I was looking at the wrong options. I like #4 of the current options.

-----ORIGINIAL-----

Choice as!!! At first glance I liked #4, but after looking at them more closely, definitely #3. It's got a minimalistic design, and because minimalistic gui's are the trend right now, it would be much more user-friendly - user-friendly in terms of both ease-of-use AND aesthetics.

I second Red-Shinobi's comment on the bottom of page 7.

They're all awesome though. Impressive work, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI, these are the new revised ones that are currently being evaluated, NOT the other (older) ones:
Hey Guys, based on all the feedback and on a long meeting with DRKLord I now have ready the revised samples of the wallet. At this point I think we have something that will truly distinguish Darkcoin from other cryptocurrencies and give the project the presentation it deserves. We have incorporated most of your suggestions and are close to something final, changes beyond this point will come from the development team and I believe they will choose the option we will implement first with the best interest of Darkcoin at heart. Let us know what you think:

Note: They are not in any particular order, the markets and network tab will be optional and will only show when you activate a checkbox.

Option 1:

AAI7fSc.jpg

Option 2:

rVOuHAL.jpg

Option 3:

iDrR9zn.jpg

Option 4:

tRZoBuM.jpg

Maybe a Dark GUI to match the Coin's name? Its not Lightcoin or Bluecoin.
I was thinking this too. It's called Darkcoin, but the GUI''s are really light. Apple and Samsung have made white the trend, but I don't think a dark theme would turn people off. A Goth, depressing dark wouldn't be good, but like a slick, sophisticated, cool dark would be awesome.

I'd offer to help work on this, but I'd be more of a hindrance than a help cause I don't have any experience.

Status Report for 7/24/14

I'm absolutely thrilled with Minotaur's work! We gave him a set of general guidelines and specifications for what we had in mind for this project and he and his crew turned it into a living, breathing design that almost perfectly illustrates the "ultimate wallet" design we envisioned. Minotaur, raze and LittleFinger all deserve our thanks for helping create this concept and design with me from scratch, and I thank all of you in the Darkcoin community for your valuable opinions and input and other contributions to this effort! :)

We've decided we're going to go with "Option #3 & 4" style now and provide both light/white and dark/blue color themes. In the future I'd also like to support custom layouts and skins so that those who prefer other designs and color schemes can make their own wallets look exactly how they like. But right now we have to focus programming and art resources on the critical functionality and "master" design to get this project done and the new wallet working and distributed.

At this stage, we're now working on tab page content and slicing up the design into its key UI elements and components which will be used to create the first prototype of the new wallet with simulated functionality. To make the code more modular and extensible, I'm going to encapsulate things into two main layers: 1) Presentation Layer 2) Application Layer. The presentation layer will deal only with the graphics/rendering of the UI and capturing events and user input, so that the visual UI code can be changed in the future without breaking the wallet's functionality. The application layer will be the buffer between the UI graphics and core Darkcoin daemon/API which handles the "mechanical" side of things (e.g., making the appropriate API calls). This will make it easier to overhaul the wallet again in the future, extend it and add new features with minimal changes to the existing/stable source required.

I'll post again as soon as we have some more good news, and hopefully I can soon upload a Youtube video showing the first prototype in action.

Regards,

The DRK Lord

Very nice news, is the new look ready for the RC4?

Making every effort to make it on time for RC4, but this is a very big, laborious overhaul requiring entirely new wallet/UI code to be written from scratch and a lot of detailed, painstaking artwork. So I'm still not exactly sure how far off from completion we are.

Since we're going with #3 and 4, the only thing I'd suggest is keeping the color scheme for the balance section the same for both of them. I don't really see a reason to display the balance in green on the white version, but not on the blue. Plus the green just seems unnecessary unless contextually it's contrasted with red (as in a negative balance, if that's even possible).
vtK3b32.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back