• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone proposed a 'quick send' area on the main page, I hope that idea gets used. I imagine it would just be a pay to address field, a contacts button, and a send button.
If we can get payments down to like 2 clicks thatd be great for simplicity.

On the full send page i'd like to see coin control options right there every time and not in separate tabs like how it is now.
Completely with you on this one. I was disappointed to see that quick send wasn't on any of the options.

The main feature I use all the time in all my other coin wallets that the current beta does not have is the settings to change the directory of the block data. Pleas add to the next update. :)

Hey everyone,

Sorry for being unavailable and slow to respond the past couple days. I came down with some sort of stomach virus and was feeling so bad I could hardly move out of bed. But I'm finally feeling better again and trying to get caught up on everything!

I'm really impressed with the artwork, Minotaur! Well done! My vote is for either #4 or #3. It seems like most people prefer option #3 though. But these are all very fine designs, and I wouldn't be opposed to using ANY of them after making some small changes and tweaks.

Minotaur, let me know when you'll be available tomorrow to discuss the UI design. :)

Regards,

The DRK Lord

-- P.S. --
Very proud of all the hard work and greatly appreciate all the community input and interest!

Definitely Option #3 for me as well - will last longer than the other designs in terms of where UI is headed.

Someone proposed a 'quick send' area on the main page, I hope that idea gets used. I imagine it would just be a pay to address field, a contacts button, and a send button.

On the full send page i'd like to see coin control options right there every time and not in separate tabs like how it is now.

I agree less is more, So i like how blockchain handles crypto fiat values; You just click on your balance and it toggles to the fiat you chose in settings. simple as possible.

I like network data being on the main page, just because it shows activity; Anwsers the noob question of "is this thing even on?"

Imo announcements could be replaced with an icon that appears when wallet updates are available...web links in my wallet would make me nervous...sure as hell wont be clicking on them myself.

Agree on all points. Regular users will likely perform two tasks most frequently: sending, and checking to confirm that a payment has been received. IMO, both of these functions should be available on the main page.

Excellent job on these designs, by the way.

Amazing job on the new wallet designs. I liked all of them but #3 or #4 are the best for my taste. My only comment is about the arrows in the recent transaction section. I understand that up arrow means 'received amount" and down arrow means 'sent amount' but would it be better to replace 'up' and 'down' arrows with the horizontal arrows that are used in 'send' and 'receive' tab? It would be even more clear for noobs :)

Wow! Options 3 is my favorite by far. Very nice work on the wallet this will defiantly increase overall usability and branding for the coin!!

I vote #4.

Amazing job on the new wallet designs. I liked all of them but #3 or #4 are the best for my taste. My only comment is about the arrows in the recent transaction section. I understand that up arrow means 'received amount" and down arrow means 'sent amount' but would it be better to replace 'up' and 'down' arrows with the horizontal arrows that are used in 'send' and 'receive' tab? It would be even more clear for noobs :)

+1

I agree less is more, So i like how blockchain.info handles crypto/ fiat values; You just click on your balance and it toggles to the fiat you chose in settings. simple as possible.

I like network data being on the main page, just because it shows activity; Anwsers the noob question of "is this thing even on?"

Imo announcements could be replaced with an icon that appears when wallet updates are available...web links in my wallet would make me nervous...sure as hell wont be clicking on them myself.

Yeah, I proposed the quick send feature, but it seems people are more into design than functionality. I realize those latest mockups are just proposals, but I havent seen the quick send mentioned since I uploaded my twist on razes design.

I think the people in charge already had an idea of what was going on the overview page, and are going to end up giving us information thats only important to investors who get in and out of coins more frequently than they change their clothes.

I say focus on making the entire experience fluid for old and new alike, especially new people, and add the detailed market bullshit to a third party offering for those of us who trade coins frequently.

#4 for me !
an update feature would be good, kind of that the wallet knows by itself that i needs an update and then a warning pops up telling you to update (with a link where to get it) ….>
Tx man well done !!

Yeah, I proposed the quick send feature, but it seems people are more into design than functionality. I realize those latest mockups are just proposals, but I havent seen the quick send mentioned since I uploaded my twist on razes design.

I think the people in charge already had an idea of what was going on the overview page, and are going to end up giving us information thats only important to investors who get in and out of coins more frequently than they change their clothes.

I say focus on making the entire experience fluid for old and new alike, especially new people, and add the detailed market bullshit to a third party offering for those of us who trade coins frequently.

The quick send idea isn't dead, nor are the others we discussed. Minotaur's images are just design mock-ups to demonstrate the overall look/feel. :)

BTW, join me on Skype when you get a chance, Ser! ;-)

-- The DRK Lord --

Reactions: jpr
3 or 2.
4 is a little hard to look at for a longer period of time. That dark blue is killing my eyes, dont know why. Too much contrast maybe. 2 is simple design but i like it a lot. 1 is a nice design but no.3 is mix off great design and simplicity. If i have to choose one of them it would be 3.

Reactions: jpr
I like #4. mainly because I can see the 'settings' button.... I need easy access to the settings button because I want to set it to the original wallet qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back