Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DcoinZ

Apr 27, 2014
I know what you mean DRKLord. German accounts for 1.3% of the world but 20%-30% articles are published in German in recent years.
Also i am reading this http://www.translatemedia.com/translation-blog/8-tips-successful-digital-marketing-china/
"In China, if you don’t offer a mobile or responsive website you’re going to be placed at a huge disadvantage as 81% of Chinese internet users access the Internet using a mobile device. Furthermore, according to PwC, 70% of smartphone users in China used their devices to make purchases at least once a week – double the rate of US customers.

Apps are also a key component to any mobile marketing in China. Chinese users download an average of 40 apps a year, more than any other country. Apps are also a great way to collect data from Chinese customers and a staggering 98% of Chinese consumers are happy to share personal data if they are able to receive relevant, targeted advertising.

However, you need to ensure that you don’t charge users to use your app to increase success. Over 90% of apps downloaded in China are free to download and use."

and I wonder who has Darkcoin.cn :eek: http://www.whois.net/whois/darkcoin.cn

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Audio

DcoinZ

Apr 27, 2014
Never mind that last part. Darkcoin has plenty of Chinese domains like darkcoin.在线 (china online) darkcoin.移动 (.mobi ) darkcoin.cn.com darkcoin.xyz. So, more good news.
Sorry for harping on about China in the wallet discussion but watch http://fiatleak.com/ They matter most!

DRKLord

Jun 2, 2014
Louisiana
We could have language packs so that anybody could make and share it's translation easily
Yes. I'm not sure how it's done on Linux and Mac but on Windows projects it's actually pretty easy to "globalize" your software. On a few major C#/.NET projects I've done in recent years I would simply create a DLL to serve as a language resource package. When the application launched it would check the Thread.CurrentCulture property of the main thread and load the appropriate strings and text files for the user's native language. I imagine a similar, cross-platform solution could be implemented for the Darkcoin software as well. The tough part will be getting everything properly translated and compiling a working language database.

Regards,

The DRK Lord

mahowi

Mar 13, 2014
Germany
Yes. I'm not sure how it's done on Linux and Mac but on Windows projects it's actually pretty easy to "globalize" your software. On a few major C#/.NET projects I've done in recent years I would simply create a DLL to serve as a language resource package. When the application launched it would check the Thread.CurrentCulture property of the main thread and load the appropriate strings and text files for the user's native language. I imagine a similar, cross-platform solution could be implemented for the Darkcoin software as well. The tough part will be getting everything properly translated and compiling a working language database.

Regards,

The DRK Lord
You can use GNU gettext for localization, it is cross platform and widely used.

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014
Much nicer, my main critique would be diagonal arrows in the recent transactions - I've never found these intuitive, perhaps some reworking of the existing into-box and out-of-box type symbols would be make it more immediately visually obvious to linear old farts like me which direction stuff was headed in. edit: or just + and - symbols, nice and simple?

jimbit

Foundation Member
May 23, 2014
This is starting to look like different 'skins'. I personally would pick the original ... hell, the first think I do on a windows machine is load the classic. hate tella tubby look.

Reactions: Enzwell

DRKLord

Jun 2, 2014
Louisiana
Another mockup. Tried for something a bit cleaner and brighter than my last one:
This looks really good, raze! +2 thumbs up for your work! :)

I'd like to re-arrange some stuff and change the layout a bit, but I really think you're onto something here. The colors and visuals definitely look fantastic. I would want to see the incoming/outgoing transaction arrow icons changed to something more intuitive, as someone else suggested, but I love the mining icon. The overall feel of your design is great, and I think you and Minotaur can make some really awesome artwork when you put your heads together!

While you guys are working on the artwork, I'm going to be working on getting my code cleaned up and organized and ready for this implementation. And I'll be sketching out and trying some different layouts and configurations. Do you think you could send me some copies of your mock-up and the individual components (e.g., background image, buttons, icons, etc)?

Regards,

The DRK Lord

Reactions: Audio and raze

DRKLord

Jun 2, 2014
Louisiana
This is starting to look like different 'skins'. I personally would pick the original ... hell, the first think I do on a windows machine is load the classic. hate tella tubby look.
You're not the only person who likes the basic/classic look best. I don't think it would be very hard to include an option to switch between a "classic" and "enhanced" theme. That way you and those who like the "plain Jane" version of the wallet can use the classic look, and everyone else can use the enhanced UI. They would be the same and offer all the same extended features, and would only differ in visual appearance...

Regards,

The DRK Lord

derk

Jun 4, 2014
I wonder how someone would go about getting things translated. It would be great to give them a packet of source material and have them translate it, and just to be careful, use a second party to confirm.
I think once they finish the wallet, we should discuss it more, and if possible I can get a hold of some people who may translate for a decent price.
Although I do not read or write Chinese, I am a translator and I have connections with translators and agencies who will be able to translate to Chinese and have it checked by a third party, no problem at all.
I will get some quotes (they should come as euros/pounds/dollars per word or per line of 60 characters).

DRKLord

Jun 2, 2014
Louisiana
I speak German quite well, and vertoe is a native German with flawless English skills... so I'm sure the two of us could handle that, no problem. :)

LittleFinger

Jun 22, 2014
Although I do not read or write Chinese, I am a translator and I have connections with translators and agencies who will be able to translate to Chinese and have it checked by a third party, no problem at all.
I will get some quotes (they should come as euros/pounds/dollars per word or per line of 60 characters).
Great, That would be good information to have.

LittleFinger

Jun 22, 2014
raze. I hope you dont mind. Im going to take your latest mockup and create some simulations of using the wallet. All credit goes to your original artwork.

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
raze. I hope you dont mind. Im going to take your latest mockup and create some simulations of using the wallet. All credit goes to your original artwork.
Knock yourself out. :D Keep in mind that this is just me throwing ideas out there. The final design will probably differ substantially.

mattmct

Mar 13, 2014
I must say, Raze did an awesome job on the installer...I know it's a more simple task, but wow looks pro!

How about something like that as the BG, maybe rotated around.

crowning

May 29, 2014
Alpha Centauri Bc
It looks a lot less ugly without the "filler content" in the Overview tab page... I think the "frame" of the design/layout itself doesn't look so bad!
What do you say? :cool:

-- The DRK Lord --
After looking at all the proposals I think your very first design looks best.

I know it's not the latest "en vogue" design, but just because some UI guys decided to give almost everything a new look doesn't mean it's better.

So, my vote (design, not feature wise) is for the one in your first posting.
Easy to read, clear structure.

Reactions: Enzwell

mattmct

Mar 13, 2014
I think it's import to have consistent branding / colours. The installer got it bang on. If we can follow through with something like that, which Raze is cooking up, that's the way. No offense to the first design, but Raze's is looking much more current. Can't stand that gradient background, very 90's lol.

acidburn

May 26, 2014
Wow. That's neat, I think DrkLord needs to loan out the graphics guys to help with the .net website. Also, you never got back to my email. ;-)

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014
Still think the installer should be called Angel instead of Wizard... ;)

edit: a file selection dialogue to load wallets named something other than 'wallet'.dat would be handy for multiple Masternode ops.

fusecavator

Jun 4, 2014
Another mockup. Tried for something a bit cleaner and brighter than my last one:
IMO this needs another button up top, maybe a tools drop down next to settings or something. In the current mockup I'd have no idea where to go to verify a signed message.

LittleFinger

Jun 22, 2014
I made a few changes to razes mockup, but have since come up with something that I think will be completely awesome features wise. I had to basically clone razes artwork from scratch to make it easier to add and change things, while keeping it looking as close as possible. I didnt get as far as I had hoped, as I spent a lot of time trying to copy the style as much as possible.

Some of the colors are off, as I am red/green colorblind purple/blue green/brown etc etc. Full credit towards razes artwork, the man has a gift.

Im actually "attempting" to approach it from more the user experience, not so much the artwork, this here is still rough, and old compared to what I have worked out earlier today. Im going to keep the newest files for the private build thread so I dont let any cats out of the bag. Anyways, its rough and there isnt much here but here it is.

drkmockup1b.jpg
drkmockup2.jpg

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
Nice work, LittleFinger!
I had to basically clone razes artwork from scratch to make it easier to add and change things, while keeping it looking as close as possible. I didnt get as far as I had hoped, as I spent a lot of time trying to copy the style as much as possible.
LOL, if I had known you were going to put that much work into it, I would have just given you my PSD!
Probably too late now, but if you (or anyone else) want to play around with it:

wallet_mockup_02.psd
http://1drv.ms/1sJhzl5

It's a bit disorganized, but it's all layered and easily editable.

LittleFinger

Jun 22, 2014
Nice work, LittleFinger!

LOL, if I had known you were going to put that much work into it, I would have just given you my PSD!
Probably too late now, but if you (or anyone else) want to play around with it:

wallet_mockup_02.psd
http://1drv.ms/1sJhzl5

It's a bit disorganized, but it's all layered and easily editable.
lol :) I figured if I was going to mess with something that someone else created, I should at least put the work into it :) It allowed me to do something besides my normal stuff, so it was a nice break.

Reactions: Vyazhan and raze

MonteCarlo

Jul 6, 2014
I made a few changes to razes mockup, but have since come up with something that I think will be completely awesome features wise. I had to basically clone razes artwork from scratch to make it easier to add and change things, while keeping it looking as close as possible. I didnt get as far as I had hoped, as I spent a lot of time trying to copy the style as much as possible.

Some of the colors are off, as I am red/green colorblind purple/blue green/brown etc etc. Full credit towards razes artwork, the man has a gift.

Im actually "attempting" to approach it from more the user experience, not so much the artwork, this here is still rough, and old compared to what I have worked out earlier today. Im going to keep the newest files for the private build thread so I dont let any cats out of the bag. Anyways, its rough and there isnt much here but here it is.

View attachment 221View attachment 222
Sir, you have done a great job, this looks perfect, you left me without words!
Design is very important

Status
Not open for further replies.