• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum Wallet Guides

I got Satoshi Labs to add the dependency info to their github.com/trezor/python-trezor page.

The wording is a bit odd, but it's something...

That should help, but I think it still bears a footnote on the electrum-dash atlassian instructions. There's no mention that python-trezor is needed last I checked.

Last edited:
https://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-tech/api.html

This is a graph displaying various TREZOR APIs, with some third-party applications colored in gray.

Electrum has python-trezor on it's plugins folder.
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/tree/master/plugins

graph.png

aiahhh
ok happy to update guides but need better instructions please in which step (and what todo) with
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/tree/master/plugins
?! tx
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Using+Trezor+with+Dash

Edit:
coingun suggested (helped me with an email request):

Press green bottom right then click on the electrum.dash.org server
xnB7gzN.png

and ready to send / receive

Edit: electrum dash needs some work
please use https://wallet.trezor.io/#/ for now ! Tx

Last edited:
@tungfa read this, skip to TL;DR part for "just make it work" without explanation.
Long Version:
ok happy to update guides but need better instructions please in which step (and what todo) with
Exactly...

Nothing a sane person would look for tells you that you need to install github.com/trezor/python-trezor. But, you don't want to clone it and build it. There's an easier way, which is also not mentioned. Even more, part of that build is hidapi, which python-trezor will automatically try to build without telling you, has dependencies which are also not mentioned... So...

Do this first
Code:
sudo apt-get install libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libfox-1.6-dev
sudo apt-get install autotools-dev autoconf automake libtool

You'll also need to make sure this is installed, which it might already be for some people:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-pip

Then at the atlassian page (https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Install) you'll find this, which is not entirely accurate anymore:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-qt4 python-pip python-slowaes
sudo pip install https://www.dash.org/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin
electrum
Line 2 and 3 don't work, and I wouldn't expect them to work, either... They also don't need to work or even be there...

You'll notice Line 1 includes python-pip.

You'll also notice that, in spite of updating their page with some more infos, Satoshi Labs still neglects to mention python-pip; the thing that actually does the installing of python-trezor AND hidapi... Not sure why they omitted it from what I told them to add there, but it definitely won't work without it.

Then you can:
Code:
[sudo [-H]] pip install trezor

And then finally:
Code:
cd ~/
wget https://www.dash.org/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin
chmod 764 Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin
./Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin

TL;DR:
************************************************************************************************************************
Some of this could probably be put on the same line, but I kept is segregated by source for auditing.
Some of them may actually depend on others, so may be redundant.
Doing it this way makes sure it all happens regardless.
************************************************************************************************************************
So, I condensed this to a simple script:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libfox-1.6-dev
sudo apt-get install autotools-dev autoconf automake libtool
sudo apt-get install python-qt4 python-pip python-slowaes
sudo apt-get install python-dev cython git
sudo pip install setuptools
sudo [-H] pip install trezor
cd ~/
wget https://www.dash.org/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin
chmod 764 Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin
./Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin
I've tested this and it works every time now.

Towards the end of it, the Electrum installer asks where you want to stick it. I choose option "1" for global user access by sticking it somewhere already in the $PATH variable.

Run electrum-dash by typing this
Code:
electrum-dash

If you chose something that's not "1," as mentioned above, then you must be smart enough to know what you have to do to run it.
NOTE:
Some of this might not be needed. But, it doesn't hurt anything.

MOAR NOTE:
The "pip install trezor" execution may or may not require -H.

EVEN MOAR NOTE:
I realize this project is under construction, but the raw "Use DASH with Trezor" functionality has been up and running for months. More importantly, it's being linked on the official dash.org/downloads page at this very moment, so there needs to be some way for it to work. It's already got a nifty .onion server to connect to, so you don't have to pass an exit node to use it. Cool. But, it doesn't have any MasterNode handling features at the moment. There was an older version that did, but it was incomplete and I'm sure that's the part that's being worked on really hard right now.

If it's going to be live on the official page, there needs to be instructions that actually work. Granted, 80% of it is compensating for seems almost like deliberate sabotage by Satoshi Labs... I told them exactly what to add, and they deliberately left out the most obvious and necessary part... Besides, it's DASH's product that needs to support it, so why not just put the info there?

I get the feeling that the parties involved with the electrum-dash code want to send a message uphill similar to "It's not ready yet, it shouldn't be linked on the main page." But it is linked, some kind of working instructions need to exist... Even if it's something my derpy dumb ass came up with.

Last edited:
Electrum Wallet is pulled for now until fixed version is available :rolleyes:

Hi, this is my first post on Dash Forum, sorry if my question is too noob for the level of the discussion, but im a simple user of the Dash Electrum Wallet for Mac and this are the only one forum talking about around the web.

Im trying to send some dash to Shapeshift and get this message:

error: Your client produced a transaction that is not accepted by the network any more. Please upgrade to Electrum 2.5.1 or newer.

But the version 2.5.1 are not available, the official link on dash.org/wallets/ goes to the old 2.4.1.

I already try to backup the private keys in .csv and .json formats, but not a single wallet are compatible to import : jaxx, exodus, Dash Core.

Simple question: how can get the dash on the old electrum 2.4.1 to a other mac or web wallet to send dash?

Thanks so much!

error: Your client produced a transaction that is not accepted by the network any more. Please upgrade to Electrum 2.5.1 or newer.
That's new... I'm still using the 2.4.1
But the version 2.5.1 are not available, the official link on dash.org/wallets/ goes to the old 2.4.1.
I think we may be experiencing some more passive-aggressiveness... Or, perhaps just a lack of communication as to the significance of the changes being made.
how can get the dash on the old electrum 2.4.1 to a other mac or web wallet to send dash?
I dunno. I am unable to replicate this problem on 2.4.1 because my Trezor was emptied out earlier in my mess of problem solving... I'm not keen on sending anything into it if this is happening.

If there is a way to extract the raw privkeys, that might be the easiest way to avoid all these silly formatting barriers. I've been focused on the hardware wallet aspects of electrum-dash, and not an expert on it's other functions.

Maybe the servers are blocking the TXes?

Last edited:
I'm not keen on sending anything into it if this is happening.
I sent over .1 to see what happens. if .1 gets locked up, I won't cry too hard...

electrum-dash is under construction right now... I'm pretty sure the worst case is that you'll have to wait for the new version to be officially released.

I just tried to send back the .1 DASH and it became disconnected from the server and is now just sitting there.

Patience. This stuff is being worked on as we speak.

UPDATE: transaction that was just sitting there came up with
Code:
error: the transaction was rejected by the network rules. (transaction already in blockchain)
A check of a block explorer shows that the TX broadcast did indeed make it to the network and has been included in a block.

As for your 2.5.1 error... My guess is that this was a server message, and the server is being modified as we speak. Stuffs are goofy. It's to be expected.

I just now used it successfully with 2.4.1 with no such error.

I'm using the .onion server. Which are you using?

@JFKK
Try manually selecting a different server and see if you can send out. Try all of them. My hunch is that you got a server reject not a protocol reject, and not all servers are the same. One of them might work. I just used the one behind the .onion, and I'm pretty sure it's just an additional listening point to one of the other servers.

Last edited:
camosoul, thanks so much! with the onion server works flawless! thanks so much again!!!
Glad your're rolling.

It looks like people with different opinions on the current state of electrum-dash, and control of their own servers, are making their views known in ways other than plain and direct communication. No one is communicating with me other than what you've seen here. I'm just kinda stabbing in the dark with a little experience and intuition. I'm not sure of someone is trying to make a statement in a passive-aggressive way, or something as simple as a language barrier... Basically, don't take my word as official. I'm just figuring shit out for myself, showing my process (so others can throw me a bone when I goof up), and making my discoveries known because nobody else wants to talk about it and people like @JFKK end up stuck in a hard place because of it.

From what I can tell, the basic function of using the Trezor to store DASH is solid. Satoshi Lab's has official support for it. GEtting to it is just very, very poorly documented. The other features (better coin control and MN broadcast) that are missing and being worked on as we speak. I'm pretty sure it's @flare and @chaeplin doing the heavy lifting there.

I know. I talked them into putting it there. It still fails to mention that you have to install pip... lols. I gave up talking to them about it.

Still missing:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-pip
How you gonna use pip to install it if there is no pip? Lols...

I noticed that they added the footnote "on linux you might need to..."

Exactly what other OSes are we going to a console and typing "pip install trezor?"

SMH... At least it's figured out here.

it is safe to use Electrum-dash wallet ver. 2.4.1 im new user here which do you prefer to use for newbie like me thx. because i want to transfer my dash coins to my wallet from exmo

it is safe to use Electrum-dash wallet ver. 2.4.1
I have a shitload of DASH in mine.

Satoshi Labs has official support via wallet.trezor.io

I use the official site and electrum-dash interchangeably with no issues.

Last edited:
I have been MIA for a while and now that 12.1 is up do we still need to go to Beta-wallet.trezor.io? Or do we use mytrezor.com? Just wondering. I hooked up the Trezor and the Trezor site just sits there trying to load my accounts. Not sure whats up with it????

Maybe

Hi again, im getting the message again with all the servers in the list, my mistake not move all my dash when have the opportunity, any sugestion?

Back