Electrum Wallet Guides

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014

Dash Electrum (downloadable at https://www.dash.org/wallets) focuses on speed, low resource usage and simple usage of Dash. Startup times are instant because it operates in conjunction with high-performance servers that handle the most complicated parts of the Dash system.

Dash Electrum is a lightweight Wallet, you do NOT need to download or sync the blockchain (so the wallet is lighter and faster), but it is missing certain Dash features, including:
  • PrivateSend
  • InstantSend
  • Voting
For simple tasks however, it is much easier, faster and lighter to handle.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingcolex

Mar 28, 2015
Is there a pi version of electrums Dash as it seems Windows is struggling with the trezor plugin with electrums.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Is there a pi version of electrums Dash as it seems Windows is struggling with the trezor plugin with electrums.
sorry no pi version as far as I know

they are working on the Windows fix !

Amazing

Oct 19, 2015
I think I already know the answer from connected electrum dash 2.4.1 to my trezor, but in addition to the things you say it is missing from QT darksend mixing is not included. Or is this what you refer to as 'privacy protect'?

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
I think I already know the answer from connected electrum dash 2.4.1 to my trezor, but in addition to the things you say it is missing from QT darksend mixing is not included. Or is this what you refer to as 'privacy protect'?
correct

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
depends what u are trying to do !

after 12.1 a bunch of problems should be sorted
+ there will be an initative to get the rest (of problems) back on track in the next month (or two)

Reuben

Jan 5, 2017
depends what u are trying to do !
:)

Well what i would like to do is.....
I have an android phone, i am able to use Wesellcrypto and purchase DASH which is placed into my DASH wallet on my mobile android device. Before i purchase a larger position in DASH, i need to figure out how to store it on a secure hardware wallet like a Trezor.

Perhaps i need to buy a new laptop? Lately, my devices are an android mobile and an ipad.

Reuben

Jan 5, 2017
I have an android phone, i am able to use Wesellcrypto and purchase DASH which is placed into my DASH wallet on my mobile android device. Before i purchase a larger position in DASH, i need to figure out how to store it on a secure hardware wallet like a Trezor.
Perhaps i need to buy a new laptop? Lately, my devices are an android mobile and an ipad.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
i saw your other post regarding mycelium with android wallet

mycelium integration for dash is a bit on hold as mycelium is sorting out their internal architecture - this can take a while - nothing we can push unfortunately

i would definately suggest a labtop !

Reuben

Jan 5, 2017
Hi Tungfa, ok so I now have a laptop. My Trezor wallet is loaded on the laptop. Do you or anybody else know how I get my DASH from my DASH mobile wallet on my phone to my Trezor? I need to send DASH from my mobile wallet to the Trezor, but how?

flare

Administrator
Dash Core Team
May 18, 2014
Germany

Reuben

Jan 5, 2017
Thank you Flare. I am almost there but I still have an issue.
When I set up the Trezor, I used the mytrezor.com address. Fair enough, it seems to be set up and ready to accept Bitcoin.

After reading your post, I tried to change the backend on the mytrezor.com That obviously did not present me the option of switching to DASH. Next, I went to beta-wallet.trezor.io site

Indeed, this site shows that I may convert the trezor backend to DASH. I performed this simple task, but then hit the blue tab that says Save Reload on the beta-wallet. Now the wallet just sits there trying to load the wallet. Loading and Loading.......

Reuben

Jan 5, 2017
Is there a chance that I needed to have set up this Trezor in the
beta-wallet.trezor.io in order for it to accept DASH?

ie once it was set up on mytrezor.com that's it? It will only function in Bitcoin?

Reuben

Jan 5, 2017
Well, it took quite a bit of time, and I reloaded the Trezor multiple times onto the laptop, but it finally worked! I made a small transfer to confirm it works! Walla! The transfer was a success!
So now I have been able to purchase DASH direct from Wesellcrypto and send it to my QTDASH wallet on my mobile, I have also purchased BTC from coinbase and converted to DASH on Poloniex then sent the DASH to the mobile DASH wallet. Now I have successfully sent DASH from my mobile wallet to Trezor! Thus, it is totally possible for a person with minimal computing skills to figure this out with the help of this website. Cheers and thank you for the help guys. This forum does work for us dorks!

PS I also made my first purchase using DASH from Brave New Books!

Reactions: UdjinM6

Reuben

Jan 5, 2017
Flare, What was amazing to me was that I did not need mycelium, electrum, or any other 3rd party wallet to send DASH to the Trezor. You can go from the DASH QTwallet directly to Trezor cold wallet in one step. I'm excited to learn about this because I hadn't read or watched any videos showing this option or possibility. Thanks again Flare

flare

Administrator
Dash Core Team
May 18, 2014
Germany
Flare, What was amazing to me was that I did not need mycelium, electrum, or any other 3rd party wallet to send DASH to the Trezor. You can go from the DASH QTwallet directly to Trezor cold wallet in one step. I'm excited to learn about this because I hadn't read or watched any videos showing this option or possibility. Thanks again Flare
If this gets you excited already wait until 12.1 is out - then you can put all your Dash on your Trezor and launch your masternodes from it (using a Python script provided by @chaeplin )

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
If this gets you excited already wait until 12.1 is out - then you can put all your Dash on your Trezor and launch your masternodes from it (using a Python script provided by @chaeplin )
Any docs on this now that 12.1 is alive?

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
Sorry, no - had to focus on 12.1 the last weeks. We'll follow up on that one next week.
Well crap. I just wiped and set my Trezor up for realz and moved all my DASH over. Definitely bigger fish to fry, understood.

Will this be built into electrum-dash? Or still planning to do this with a python script? Or something else entirely?

flare

Administrator
Dash Core Team
May 18, 2014
Germany
Well crap. I just wiped and set my Trezor up for realz and moved all my DASH over. Definitely bigger fish to fry, understood.

Will this be built into electrum-dash? Or still planning to do this with a python script? Or something else entirely?
Both options will be available i think, Python script already works very good --> https://github.com/chaeplin/dashmnb

The script is even capable to harvest the rewards from the nodes without breaking it (coin control)

Reactions: studioz

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
Both options will be available i think, Python script already works very good --> https://github.com/chaeplin/dashmnb

The script is even capable to harvest the rewards from the nodes without breaking it (coin control)
I was just going to ask that...

Will the coin control features in the script be added to electrum-dash?

When will electrum-dash query DAPI/MNs for data instead of centralized servers?

Have to figure out how to force 16.04 to upgrade python above 2.7....
Code:
[email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get install python3
[sudo] password for anon:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree     
Reading state information... Done
python3 is already the newest version (3.5.1-3).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 121 not upgraded.
[email protected]:~$ python --version
Python 2.7.12
[email protected]:~$
Derp...

Last edited:
Reactions: studioz

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
I got it to work, listed a bunch of addresses... Not sure how to make it do anything else yet... Seems to list more addresses than it should. The rest of the documentation on the git page leaves me hanging...

Last edited:

chaeplin

Core Developer
Mar 29, 2014
I got it to work, listed a bunch of addresses... Not sure how to make it do anything else yet... Seems to list more addresses than it should.
@chaeplin

https://github.com/chaeplin/dashmnb...tnetpy-to-dashlibconfigpy-and-edit-parameters

1. Move dashlib/config.sample.mainnet[testnet].py to dashlib/config.py and edit parameters
- for testnet dashlib/config.sample.mainnet.py to dashlib/config.py
- for mainet dashlib/config.mainet.testnet.py to dashlib/config.py

Doc needs editing... :p

I can figure out what it meant, but some people might not...
Updated, Thank you.

change no of max_gab. default is 20.
Code:
# config.py
max_gab = 20     # number of keys used on mn config

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
The rest of the documentation on the git page leaves me hanging...
From this point on, I'm kinda lost...
Code:
# config.py
max_gab = 20     # number of keys used on mn config
Ah, so it's just a static number off the bip32 chain.

I'll see if I can figure out how to broadcast an MN start later, too tired now... Is it just checking the log for a true closed-loop MN activation notification? I really don't want to set up my ssh with keys...

I really hope a "start masternode" button gets added to electrum-dash... If IIRC, wasn't there an earlier version that had this, and it was removed because the protocal wasn't sorted or even certain to be included?

As cool as this script is, it's a real pain in the ass... The numberpad thing was like woah... I'm not knocking the work. I like doing things in console, and it's definitely a clever tool. But, reality is that most people are not going to do this. It's got 5x more dependencies and pre-requisites than the official client! Not to mention the versioning mess that Python has created. Gentoo is used to upstream derpage and has a visible way to wrangle it as the user desires... Not so visible or convenient in in Debian derivatives. Sure, it slotted, but I still facepalm...

P.S., @moocowmoo the forum edit button doesn't update stored variable content anymore... It's a real pain. Repeated edits require a refresh or the previous edit is lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: chaeplin