• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum Wallet Guides

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
KAFYuhU.png

Dash Electrum (downloadable at https://www.dash.org/wallets) focuses on speed, low resource usage and simple usage of Dash. Startup times are instant because it operates in conjunction with high-performance servers that handle the most complicated parts of the Dash system.

Dash Electrum is a lightweight Wallet, you do NOT need to download or sync the blockchain (so the wallet is lighter and faster), but it is missing certain Dash features, including:
  • PrivateSend
  • InstantSend
  • Voting
For simple tasks however, it is much easier, faster and lighter to handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a pi version of electrums Dash as it seems Windows is struggling with the trezor plugin with electrums.

Is there a pi version of electrums Dash as it seems Windows is struggling with the trezor plugin with electrums.

sorry no pi version as far as I know

they are working on the Windows fix !

I think I already know the answer from connected electrum dash 2.4.1 to my trezor, but in addition to the things you say it is missing from QT darksend mixing is not included. Or is this what you refer to as 'privacy protect'?

I think I already know the answer from connected electrum dash 2.4.1 to my trezor, but in addition to the things you say it is missing from QT darksend mixing is not included. Or is this what you refer to as 'privacy protect'?
correct

depends what u are trying to do !

after 12.1 a bunch of problems should be sorted
+ there will be an initative to get the rest (of problems) back on track in the next month (or two)

depends what u are trying to do !
:)

Well what i would like to do is.....
I have an android phone, i am able to use Wesellcrypto and purchase DASH which is placed into my DASH wallet on my mobile android device. Before i purchase a larger position in DASH, i need to figure out how to store it on a secure hardware wallet like a Trezor.

Perhaps i need to buy a new laptop? Lately, my devices are an android mobile and an ipad.

I have an android phone, i am able to use Wesellcrypto and purchase DASH which is placed into my DASH wallet on my mobile android device. Before i purchase a larger position in DASH, i need to figure out how to store it on a secure hardware wallet like a Trezor.
Perhaps i need to buy a new laptop? Lately, my devices are an android mobile and an ipad.

i saw your other post regarding mycelium with android wallet

mycelium integration for dash is a bit on hold as mycelium is sorting out their internal architecture - this can take a while - nothing we can push unfortunately

i would definately suggest a labtop !

Hi Tungfa, ok so I now have a laptop. My Trezor wallet is loaded on the laptop. Do you or anybody else know how I get my DASH from my DASH mobile wallet on my phone to my Trezor? I need to send DASH from my mobile wallet to the Trezor, but how?

Thank you Flare. I am almost there but I still have an issue.
When I set up the Trezor, I used the mytrezor.com address. Fair enough, it seems to be set up and ready to accept Bitcoin.

After reading your post, I tried to change the backend on the mytrezor.com That obviously did not present me the option of switching to DASH. Next, I went to beta-wallet.trezor.io site

Indeed, this site shows that I may convert the trezor backend to DASH. I performed this simple task, but then hit the blue tab that says Save Reload on the beta-wallet. Now the wallet just sits there trying to load the wallet. Loading and Loading.......

Is there a chance that I needed to have set up this Trezor in the
beta-wallet.trezor.io in order for it to accept DASH?

ie once it was set up on mytrezor.com that's it? It will only function in Bitcoin?

Well, it took quite a bit of time, and I reloaded the Trezor multiple times onto the laptop, but it finally worked! I made a small transfer to confirm it works! Walla! The transfer was a success!
So now I have been able to purchase DASH direct from Wesellcrypto and send it to my QTDASH wallet on my mobile, I have also purchased BTC from coinbase and converted to DASH on Poloniex then sent the DASH to the mobile DASH wallet. Now I have successfully sent DASH from my mobile wallet to Trezor! Thus, it is totally possible for a person with minimal computing skills to figure this out with the help of this website. Cheers and thank you for the help guys. This forum does work for us dorks!

PS I also made my first purchase using DASH from Brave New Books!

Flare, What was amazing to me was that I did not need mycelium, electrum, or any other 3rd party wallet to send DASH to the Trezor. You can go from the DASH QTwallet directly to Trezor cold wallet in one step. I'm excited to learn about this because I hadn't read or watched any videos showing this option or possibility. Thanks again Flare

Flare, What was amazing to me was that I did not need mycelium, electrum, or any other 3rd party wallet to send DASH to the Trezor. You can go from the DASH QTwallet directly to Trezor cold wallet in one step. I'm excited to learn about this because I hadn't read or watched any videos showing this option or possibility. Thanks again Flare

If this gets you excited already wait until 12.1 is out - then you can put all your Dash on your Trezor and launch your masternodes from it (using a Python script provided by @chaeplin )

Back