• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum DASH on OSX - Can't access funds after latest Trezor FW update

pin0de

Electrum DASH on OSX will no longer recognize Trezor after the latest Trezor Firmware update.
The Electrum DASH developer is aware of it, but I don't know what the ETA is for a new version.

Electrum DASH on OSX will no longer recognize Trezor after the latest Trezor Firmware update.
The Electrum DASH developer is aware of it, but I don't know what the ETA is for a new version.
I really want to help, but i don't have any Apple hardware and i can't test it at all.
As soon as this changes I'll let you know...

Sorry,
Holger

Hey, i thought Trezor was only compatible from 12.1 onwards? I hope you have your issue resolved. I bought a Trezor and plan to use it after 12.1 is released, but stories like this are a bit concerning.

Hey, i thought Trezor was only compatible from 12.1 onwards? I hope you have your issue resolved. I bought a Trezor and plan to use it after 12.1 is released, but stories like this are a bit concerning.
Trezor 1.3.6 already works with Electrum-Dash 2.4.1 - it's the masternode functionality (starting nodes with Trezor) which is being added to Electrum-Dash 2.6.4

Re @pin0de: He updated his Trezor to 1.4.0 which is incompatible to Electrum 2.4.1. I really want to help, but i have no Apple Hardware as of yet - and without it building a new release is like blind flight in the night...

Maybe downgrading your Trezor to 1.3.6 will help you out?

Trezor 1.3.6 already works with Electrum-Dash 2.4.1 - it's the masternode functionality (starting nodes with Trezor) which is being added to Electrum-Dash 2.6.4
Aside from the security concerns of using the official chrome plugin, Trezor has no upstream interests... "Oh look! An update!"

Don't upgrade until you KNOW it's tested and it'll work. This is the bleeding edge of a fringe concept that barely any one is using. To call it Alpha would insult to the word Alpha. Not because the software is bad, but because the upstream consequences are of no concern to Trezor, and they can't be testing it all. They're kinda counting on us to do that...
Inadvertent "testing" by someone who didn't realize the environment. Enabled by making things too easy... Same reason I'm keeping my ideas to myself.
Maybe downgrading your Trezor to 1.3.6 will help you out?
Is this a thing that can be done? If so, certainly not by means of the chrome plugin, gonna have to get fancy...

Just in case someone wants to try to downgrade, this is what the process looks like :)

upload_2016-9-16_12-7-17.png

Just in case someone wants to try to downgrade, this is what the process looks like :)

View attachment 2675
I tried this (having the same downgrade need for my Mac OS X trezor ), but got this error:

'Exception: Unexpected magic characters' on line 140 of this file, https://github.com/trezor/python-trezor/blob/master/trezorctl
which I saved to the same directory as my trezor-1.3.6.bin

Then I ran: ./trezorctl firmware_update --file trezor-1.3.6.bin (trezor connected)

Any idea what I did wrong? Thanks.

I tried this (having the same downgrade need for my Mac OS X trezor ), but got this error:

'Exception: Unexpected magic characters' on line 140 of this file, https://github.com/trezor/python-trezor/blob/master/trezorctl
which I saved to the same directory as my trezor-1.3.6.bin

Then I ran: ./trezorctl firmware_update --file trezor-1.3.6.bin (trezor connected)

Any idea what I did wrong? Thanks.
Hmm, seems like the trezor-1.3.6.bin file does not have the correct format. Where did you download the file?

@flare I have a user asking if there is a way to do this (or to take out his dash from the trezor) without messing in the console because he is not comfortable with that... any idea? if he had his passphrase (I don't know if he does) could he recover in some other wallet?

Is there any update? I still have a large amount of DASH held hostage in Electrum DASH on OSX with Trezor and I really need to get it out.

Is there any update? I still have a large amount of DASH held hostage in Electrum DASH on OSX with Trezor and I really need to get it out.

I just discovered something I didn't know before. If you go to beta.mytrezor.com and connect your trezor, you will have access to your DASH funds that you stored via Electrum.

1. On the main beta.mytrezor.com page, select "App Settings" on the left side of the screen.
  2. In the "Currency Backend" dropdown, select "Dash.org" under "Dash."
  3. Click "Save & Reload"

Your Dash should appear and be available to send and receive.

Yesterday Trezor announced support for Dash on their main wallet.trezor.io interface.

I clicked on 'Dash' on the drop down menu and wow, there were all my electrum dash transactions suddenly appearing here on Wallet.trezor.io... and yes, I can spend the coins from here too. Great!

However..... now when I go back to re launch my Electrum wallet I get the following error message:

"Trezor device not detected. Continue in watching only mode.

Reason: Two devices with the same path and S/N found. This is mac, right? :-/"

I was hoping to be able to use my Electrum wallet protected with my Trezor device to start a Masternode after the release of 12.1

Will I still be able to do this if my Electrum Dash Wallet is now stuck in "watch only mode" ?

Can anyone answer this or help me please?

Hello,
I still stuck with my Electrum-Dash wallet 2.4.1, my mac is unable to see my Trezor and I am in "watch only mode".
Last Trezor upgrade, they enable Dash Wallet directly on Trezor, which works perfectly!
Although other people reported that they could see and spend their stuck Dash from their electrum-dash wallet directly form trezor, I couldn't enable it, I tried to select "dash.org" on app settings, but it didn't work.
Anyone has any Idea? there is any development in the Electrum-Dash wallet?
If any one help me move my stuck Dash from Electrum-Dash I am offering a bounty of 26.0 Dash (1 Dash = 0.0234 BTC)
thanks

Last edited:
thank you for the reply paraman.
that is a light ahead on the end of the tunnel!
so that's what I going to do, after they (Nathan Marley and Holger Schinzel) release the new version of the electrum-dash wallet 2.4.6 and everything works, I will send you 1/3 for each one of you of the bouty (paraman to point me out the news and for Nathan Marley and Holger Schinzel) each one of you will receive 10 dash (1 Dash = 0.0234 BTC), since the price skyrocket, I can't keep up with the current price per Dash
thank you again and we talk soon

Last edited:
thank you for the reply paraman.
that is a light ahead on the end of the tunnel!
so that's what I going to do, after they (Nathan Marley and Holger Schinzel) release the new version of the electrum-dash wallet 2.4.6 and everything works, I will send you 1/3 for each one of you of the bouty (paraman to point me out the news and for Nathan Marley and Holger Schinzel) each one of you will receive 10 dash (1 Dash = 0.0234 BTC), since the price skyrocket, I can't keep up with the current price per Dash
thank you again and we talk soon

Electrum 2.6.4 for Mac is available: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-electrum-v-2-6-4-mac.13787/

hello paraman and everyone,
I downloaded the new version and tried to run it, but the app didn't work, I already reported it...so lets wait and see what they can do.
fortunately i had made an backup before running the new version so I was able to revert it after it didn't work.
talk to you later

Back