• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum Dark

=== SERIOUS CONCERNS, ADDRESSED TO MAINTAINERS OF ELECTRUM-DRK REPO ===

[3*w] electrum-drk org
[3*w] github com/electrum-drk/electrum-drk

I've installed the necessary libraries and launched Electrum-DRK client.
However, it looks like a Bitcoin wallet, not a DRK wallet!

1) Application's logo is a Bitcoin version
2) Quotes from different menus of GUI :

- "lightweight BITCOIN CLIENT"
- "with low resource usage and simplifying BITCOIN"
- "Startup times are instant because it operates in conjunction with high-performance servers that handle the most complicated parts of the BITCOIN SYSTEM"
- "You may enter a BITCOIN ADDRESS, a label from your list of contacts"
- "BITCOIN transactions are in general not free"
- "BITCOIN Address is None"
- "Invalid BITCOIN Address"
- "Invalid BITCOIN URI"

Also, all the source code is pointing to Bitcoin...

3) I couldn't find a single mention of Darkcoin or DRK (except a project's name)
Even currency in GUI is labeled as mBTC, not DRK

---

Electrum-DRK is not dealing with Darkcoins, so this fork deserves to be put in trash

Last edited by a moderator:
=== SERIOUS CONCERNS, ADDRESSED TO MAINTAINERS OF ELECTRUM-DRK REPO ===

github : electrum-drk/electrum-drk

I've installed the necessary libraries and launched Electrum-DRK client.
However, it looks like a Bitcoin wallet, not a DRK wallet!

1) Application's logo is a Bitcoin version
2) Quotes from different menus of GUI :

- "lightweight BITCOIN CLIENT"
- "with low resource usage and simplifying BITCOIN"
- "Startup times are instant because it operates in conjunction with high-performance servers that handle the most complicated parts of the BITCOIN SYSTEM"
- "You may enter a BITCOIN ADDRESS, a label from your list of contacts"
- "BITCOIN transactions are in general not free"
- "BITCOIN Address is None"
- "Invalid BITCOIN Address"
- "Invalid BITCOIN URI"

Also, all the source code is pointing to Bitcoin...

3) I couldn't find a single mention of Darkcoin or DRK (except a project's name)
Even currency in GUI is labeled as mBTC, not DRK

---

Electrum-DRK is not dealing with Darkcoins, so this fork deserves to be put in trash
Thanks for you contribution.

If you would have read the thread you would have noticed that the migration is done in

https://github.com/akhavr/electrum-drk

Feel free to join the development and fix the outstanding issues.

Thanks,
Holger

Thanks for you contribution.

If you would have read the thread you would have noticed that the migration is done in

[3*w] github com/akhavr/electrum-drk

Feel free to join the development and fix the outstanding issues.

Thanks,
Holger

I am very sorry, I got confused by [3*w] electrum-drk org website which is pointing to wrong electrum-drk/electrum-drk repository.
If you have a control over this website, please replace a link with [3*w] github com/akhavr/electrum-drk ,
because it is very confusing for newcomers... :p

vertoe can I ask you to split your pull request into a three separate ones:
- media, text, uri
- header keys
- everything else

1st one I'll review and will merge immediately, 2nd one I'll check, compare to the darkcoin code and merge after testing and will leave 3rd patch for later review.

Current pull request is too big for my taste, as you've noticed after getting tons of my line-by-line comments :)

Thanks.

vertoe can I ask you to split your pull request into a three separate ones:
- media, text, uri
- header keys
- everything else

1st one I'll review and will merge immediately, 2nd one I'll check, compare to the darkcoin code and merge after testing and will leave 3rd patch for later review.

Current pull request is too big for my taste, as you've noticed after getting tons of my line-by-line comments :)

Thanks.
Hi akhavr
it's not my pull request, I subscribed your repository and got 1 mail for each of your comments on that pull request, that's why I got nosy and started looking over it too and adding some comments. I suggest you to reject that pull request and start fixing things step by step. If you need any information about headers, versions, whatever, just highlight me and I will get back to you.

Is this still being developed?

Last commit on the project seems to be on July 16th.

I've just purchased a Trezor hardware wallet and would like to convert it to be used with Darkcoin. First things first will be having an up to date Electrum Darkcoin wallet.

The old version of Electrum Dark https://github.com/electrum-drk/electrum-drk is depreciated it seems so I forked it.

https://github.com/Propulsions/electrum-drk-server/tree/master/src <-- Electrum Darkcoin Server
https://github.com/Propulsions/electrum-drk <-- Electrum Darkcoin Wallet

I'll start on the server. Shouldn't be hard to run on top of a Masternode. Plus adopting it to Darkcoin shouldn't be too bad.

I'll update when the port is done for the server. Get some testers and start the work for the actual wallet. (all this to have Darkcoin functional with a Trezor hardware wallet)

Back