• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum Dark

Escalated this to the core team.

darkzero flare what needs to be done to get this finally running on live net. Wouldnt mind to run a couple of servers.

I see the main repository for electrum (btc) is already 176 ahead of our branch. should we stay close to the main line development?

Escalated this to the core team.

darkzero flare what needs to be done to get this finally running on live net. Wouldnt mind to run a couple of servers.

I see the main repository for electrum (btc) is already 176 ahead of our branch. should we stay close to the main line development?
Escalated what?

Basically this needs a dedicated python developer - feel free to join :)

are you guys ok over here or are you still looking for a Phyton guy ?!

Hi flare,

I spoke with a dev who's working on projects like multisig and a few other things for another coin, and asked if he could help us with the GUI wallets. Too bad he said he can't overcommit himself to many things but he did ask if darkcoin do multisig, I said i think so but i'm not sure. Can it?

Going to try to bring up and up to date electrum server and wallet for DRK.
This is done in spare time which is little, so, please, don't hold your breath.

I use to keep detailed work log, so if someone wants to keep an eye on a progress/problems - let me know, I'll invite to our project management system.

Going to try to bring up and up to date electrum server and wallet for DRK.
This is done in spare time which is little, so, please, don't hold your breath.

I use to keep detailed work log, so if someone wants to keep an eye on a progress/problems - let me know, I'll invite to our project management system.
Could our Jira system be helpful to you?

http://jira.darkcoin.qa/secure/Dashboard.jspa

I've registered on JIRA, but I'm not its fan. Also I don't want to pollute it with my work-aloud style until I'll get the team communication style.
I could create a project solely for Electrum-DRK if it is of use for you

flare, it's not necessary untill I'll be able to present some progress. As both server and client integration will reach at least alpha stage, I'll switch to JIRA
Yeah, i think so too - if you've got a established system for your work continue to use it :) We can use JIRA for bug tracking/user feedback later.

Short update about electrum server status. I've fired it up (after some tweaking), but leaving it run overnight results in this

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 1082, in run
    self.function(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/akhavr/src/electrum-drk-server/backends/bitcoind/blockchain_processor.py", line 85, in <lambda>
    threading.Timer(0, lambda: self.catch_up(sync=False)).start()
  File "/home/akhavr/src/electrum-drk-server/backends/bitcoind/blockchain_processor.py", line 695, in catch_up
    self.import_block(block, self.storage.last_hash, self.storage.height, sync, revert=True)
  File "/home/akhavr/src/electrum-drk-server/backends/bitcoind/blockchain_processor.py", line 415, in import_block
    self.storage.revert_transaction(txid, tx, block_height, touched_addr, undo)
  File "/home/akhavr/src/electrum-drk-server/backends/bitcoind/storage.py", line 600, in revert_transaction
    self.revert_add_to_history(addr, txid, x.get('index'), x.get('value'), block_height)
  File "/home/akhavr/src/electrum-drk-server/backends/bitcoind/storage.py", line 509, in revert_add_to_history
    self.delete_address(key + txo)
  File "/home/akhavr/src/electrum-drk-server/backends/bitcoind/storage.py", line 414, in delete_address
    items.pop(letter)
KeyError: '\x1d'

Working to fix this. As soon as it will run stable locally, I'll bring it up on a testnet for public torture and will proceed to a client.

Ok, electrum server for testnet is up and catching up blocks now. Since it's EC2 micro, it's slow :)

As it will do (likely next morning), I'll publish it's IP and will proceed to work on a client.
Happy to beta test, run a client, run a server etc. - just post what you need from testers. :smile:

Back