• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Discussion] Projects founded by blockchain

I'm a big fan of working on PR but we need to have our tech up to spec, we are no there yet.

Pablo.

and we will never be !
as this tech and the ideas are evolving and evolving
at some points we gotta push this out for real
(as we are trying already)

Last edited by a moderator:
and we will never be !
as this tech and the ideas are evolving and evolving
at some points we gotta push this out for real
(as i am trying already)
We already pushed it out last year, remember?
Then the coin got some setback and more setbacks, we can wait for a little longer to get this coin to where users won't say "Damn do i have to update again. Damn more hard forks? Damn why did my wallet crash, forget it, I'm OUT!"

I propose that someone approach the tor developers and offer to send them all the funds if they start developing a way to pay for bandwidth, and possibly other features, with dash.

Would be awesome if they say yes. Worth the effort if the chance of a yes is non-zero I think.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we haven't progressed, on the contrary Dash has made a lot of progress in leaps and bounds. And we are gaining adoption, slowly but surely. The people who are getting into dash are people with ,knowledge, understanding, and firm belief in the fundamentals of this coin, and they're the best adopters. They understand why we have updates, why hard forks happen, why the devs do the development like they do, and they don't get mad and quit because "dash doesn't work".

Instead of throwing ideas out in this thread willy nilly, can we create a new sub forum for them? Each idea can have it's own thread.
This sounds like a very neat idea. Maybe somebody can reach out to the forum administrators

I propose that someone approach the tor developers and offer to send them all the funds if they start developing a way to pay for bandwidth, and possibly other features, with dash.

Would be awesome if they say yes. Worth the effort if the chance of a yes is non-zero I think.
I think it is safe to say that there is non-zero chance of anything happen. But Seriously I would like to find out more about this idea. What do you mean by pay for bandwidth? I remember they've been toying around with an idea of a TORcoin as rewards for people running exit and relay nodes. Is it something similar to that?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we haven't progressed, on the contrary Dash has made a lot of progress in leaps and bounds. And we are gaining adoption, slowly but surely. The people who are getting into dash are people with ,knowledge, understanding, and firm belief in the fundamentals of this coin, and they're the best adopters. They understand why we have updates, why hard forks happen, why the devs do the development like they do, and they don't get mad and quit because "dash doesn't work".

i totally hear you
but the new issue we are facing is that we are NOT the only Dash out there !
Dash this and Dash that,.... it drives me crazy going on google and looking for Dash, our luck is that most publications still use Dash/DRK otherwise we would never be able to find ourself !
So we gotta push this hard ! as hard as we can to get #1 of any Dash out there !
And sure it would help if we had some funding for that effort, if not, well then we keep pushing as we are now
and the danger is that we get lost between the other "Dashers" out there
:wink:

i totally hear you
but the new issue we are facing is that we are NOT the only Dash out there !
Dash this and Dash that,.... it drives me crazy going on google and looking for Dash, our luck is that most publications still use Dash/DRK otherwise we would never be able to find ourself !
So we gotta push this hard ! as hard as we can to get #1 of any Dash out there !
And sure it would help if we had some funding for that effort, if not, well then we keep pushing as we are now
and the danger is that we get lost between the other "Dashers" out there
:wink:
what do you have in mind? Google Ads?

Instead of throwing ideas out in this thread willy nilly, can we create a new sub forum for them? Each idea can have it's own thread.

Dont agree, the point of threads like this is to help decide which ideas are realistically viable and which are not worth discussing further.
Lets be honest, some ideas do not deserve a whole thread to themselves do they, so why start one ?

I totally agree
Let's keep the ideas rolling here for now , when the funding page is up we still can start detailed discussions . I think this thread is really interesting as is to see the general opinions and interest for now

[QUOT]Eoaxaca said:
Instead of throwing ideas out in this thread willy nilly, can we create a new sub forum for them? Each idea can have it's own thread.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a very neat idea. Maybe somebody can reach out to the forum administrators

Is there anything in the forum software to put an up or down vote in posts? Something like a html widget so someone could lists a few things and have an up or down box beside each?

Another I've been wondering about for a while, multidimensional chains. Hard to summarise that, we can see the way cryptos are evolving and projecting that forward I'd imagine layers will form, security, storage, communications etc. It points towards cross-chain communications as being the key area with the chains themselves secondary, maybe even dynamically created and dropped as needed. Might start a thread for it at some stage, tried to summarise a few times and it always turns into a huge, long post.

I had a very interesting talk with a clever guy today
And he suggested (as I talked about more and different Dash PR) to create our own Eco system
- Dash only shopping pages
- Dash only betting pages
- Dash only exchange
- Dash only ....
And over that "they" will come , as people see the currency works and is in use !
I think there is a lot of truth in that
(Even though I still will push that PR, pages or not)

I had a very interesting talk with a clever guy today
And he suggested (as I talked about more and different Dash PR) to create our own Eco system
- Dash only shopping pages
- Dash only betting pages
- Dash only exchange
- Dash only ....
And over that "they" will come , as people see the currency works and is in use !
I think there is a lot of truth in that
(Even though I still will push that PR, pages or not)
+1

Back